Stamina Based Meele

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
You guys should at least know that you're all incorrect in almostt every assumption you've made about the stamina system I designed for 1.3 . Just saying that it'll slow down gameplay alone is the biggest misconception you could possibly have about my system. While I don't know how masta's system was supposed to work, I'm going to assume he didn't completely destroy my ideas, which means his system would actually increase the speed of gameplay.

Also, Joe, you can't make one giant off topic post and write it off with the words "off topic" written out above it. Also, DMW, let the moderators handle those calls and please post something relevant to the topic at hand. This thread seems less about suggestions and more about guessing how something is supposed to work that hasn't fully been explained.
I admit I'm still sceptical, but I'll take your word for it. I hope stamina based fighting will enhance gameplay instead of limiting it. I guess we'll all just have to find out for ourselves when 1.3 is done.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
originally posted by sub
Stamina seems like a silly thing to put in for melee. I mean, generally speaking the point of putting something like stamina in is to prevent you from spamming the attack. Now, who in ESF complains about someone using melee too much? I mean, if they should put a limit on something, it should be the beams, not the thing that makes ESF, well... ESF.

Just my thoughts though. Who knows, maybe the stamina won't limit melee in any way. I guess we just have to wait and see
Sub i would love to see you go to an all beams server and say this

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
originally posted by sub

And then what? They'd fire beams at him? It's just a game. >_>

He's kind of right though. I think the signature attacks should be a little more limited, not by a lot, just a little, like make their Ki cost higher or give 'em a longer charge time. In the show, they were often used as finishing moves, especially Goku's Kamehameha Wave.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And then what? They'd fire beams at him? It's just a game. >_>

He's kind of right though. I think the signature attacks should be a little more limited, not by a lot, just a little, like make their Ki cost higher or give 'em a longer charge time. In the show, they were often used as finishing moves, especially Goku's Kamehameha Wave.
i was actually making a point that alot of people in esf hate melee and complain about it

why? most of the attacks are pretty obvious with the exception of bb

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
i was actually making a point that alot of people in esf hate melee and complain about it

why? most of the attacks are pretty obvious with the exception of bb
That's just the beam spamming EVM n00bs, I think. No ESF-World server or Vossey server I've been to had people saying they dislike melee, so I'm guessing those people you speak of must be elsewhere. N00bs are quick to critisize what they do not understand, they think ESF is supposed to be a simple game where you can just come in and beamspam everyone. That's not how it's supposed to be.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's just the beam spamming EVM n00bs, I think. No ESF-World server or Vossey server I've been to had people saying they dislike melee, so I'm guessing those people you speak of must be elsewhere. N00bs are quick to critisize what they do not understand, they think ESF is supposed to be a simple game where you can just come in and beamspam everyone. That's not how it's supposed to be
i know people that have been playing for years and they still hate melee

well ontopic i think stamina will be included for powerstruggles too even though it says its melee based

Best answers
erf.. i could say that.. ppl who hates melee.. are pretty lame xD no offence if u dont like it ;p but i use melee.. and i hate ppl who sayes that melee users are lame :p

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
originally posted by sub

Look, this is how I view this. People playing on all beam servers aren't really playing ESF, they're playing something totally different. ESF is about outmaneuvering the guy you’re fighting so you can lay a hit on them without them laying a hit on you. Its fast pace that way and it's a hell of a lot of fun. ESF isn't about standing still and beaming in a corner. Sure, it may be fun for them for a little while, but no one will stick with the game if they play just play beams. This isn't me just making things up. Look at the people who stick with ESF and you'll be looking at the people who for the most part only use melee.

So the point I'm trying to make here is that I could go into a beam server and tell them that, but it won't matter because they'll uninstall the game after a month anyway.

This all doesn't matter anyway. According to sonic, it won't limit melee which is what I was hoping for.

Best answers
lol stamina sounds dumb if u ask me...u already have the ki bar...that alone is like a stamine bar..every real movement besides walking around takes ki...jumping,punching,shooting,ect...it all takes ki...so the ki bar is in a sense like a stamina bar...and Hybrid was totally right with his post..i full heartedly agree...in my opinion..its the people that stick with ESF and play it alot, thats voices should be heard..not someone who just got the game....and already doesnt like it,so he wants to add in changes =\cuz in a month or so..that person will uninstall...i also think thats why theres soo few Constant Game servers for ESF....noone with cash puts in the effort...and all the new people always just make their own servers...<_<

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For a start, you dont even know what it is, and secondly its there to enhance melee,to my knowledge its the answer for all the 1.1 players who *****ed that advanced melee doesnt involve skill.

Also, boyster is one of the... more intellegant members of the forum, he thinks things through and makes a lot of sense. Dont poo poo his idea's because you're scared of change.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'd like an improvement to the current basic melee system since I mostly use him, and I use adv melee when I presume opponent is on low health, so I just deliver rolling combo and he's done...
Basic melee should be a lot faster and should require good reflexes since all n00bs can just swoop at somebody, hit him twice because he's flying too slow then run away.
The only thing I like doing is hit someone with basic melee, then teleport right in front of his flying kick route, then kick him again.
Maybe more possibilities to build your own strategies with basic melee would be sooo... "nj" :D I'd love that

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i thought you could pm one of the mods and they would explain the stamina based melee system.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd like an improvement to the current basic melee system since I mostly use him, and I use adv melee when I presume opponent is on low health, so I just deliver rolling combo and he's done...
Basic melee should be a lot faster and should require good reflexes since all n00bs can just swoop at somebody, hit him twice because he's flying too slow then run away.
The only thing I like doing is hit someone with basic melee, then teleport right in front of his flying kick route, then kick him again.
Maybe more possibilities to build your own strategies with basic melee would be sooo... "nj" I'd love that
yeah alot of people say that but then again alot of people havent been involved in a real basic melee fight between you and a good opponent

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah. I'm just melee user. I maybe use generic ball after I see opponent is on low health, but melee is my call ( excluding throwing, thats so lame I can't describe it ).
Also, when I get into adv melee combo input, I'm trying to confuse opponent with 2 red punches/kicks, and they usually get confused so they don't evade the combo 1/2

Best answers
I'm basic melee all the time every time. I like making my own combo's up with basic and trying to come up with new combo's. My thinking is this:

I'm not going to give you a chance to hit me back when I out manuevered/smarted you to get that hit. You want a chance to hit me.....beat me to it.

Besides adv. melee slows game play drastically

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'm not a big thrower, but i like using advanced mode, throwing em into the ground at an angle, roll kicking them a few times, then kicking them up in the air. rinse and repeat.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
i thought you could pm one of the mods and they would explain the stamina based melee system.
That was me, but things have changed, like... the whole stamina based melee system. I don't know the details behind how it changed or even if it's still planned for 1.3 so I can't be of much assistance to you guys.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
That was me, but things have changed, like... the whole stamina based melee system. I don't know the details behind how it changed or even if it's still planned for 1.3 so I can't be of much assistance to you guys.
Well that kind of stinks. Still though, i'm not too worried. If they did change it, I can't see them changing it into something worse, you know?

Best answers
rofl...yeah..cant get worse then the current ESF <_< anyways...i really dont care what changes happen now to be honest..its a side game for me now..before back in 1.1...it was my main game..where i cared how good i was..but now..its too....ehh.....not even gonna go there to be honest....but lets just say..i play when theres noone online to scrim in CS...lol...as for my playing style...mellee/gen balls..thats what i do..thats how i win..btw that roll bug is just a horrible bug that is hopefully fixed in 1.3 =\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom