[Spoilers] Spiderman 3

Best answers
BUT! he was testing it.....so we dont know if its crap now or w/e but good thinking i completely forgot about the doctor.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saw it today. Thought it was fantastic. The action scenes were leaps and bounds higher than the previous 2 and the acting was great. Great balance between the emotional conflicts of all the characters, as well as badass fight scenes.

Felt very long (good for me), and even though there were"a lot" of villains, they tied in nicely.

Though I did want to see what symbiote Spiderman could physically do more. They detailed mostly the emotional side effects.

Oh, and Venom's voice was cool.

Best answers
am i the only one who noticed the puddle of venom goo dissapear down a hole in the floor at the end

am i the ONLY one who remembers that eddie can change his shape while hes in the suit?

OF COURSE VENOMS NOT DEAD

im hoping they bring out carnage in the next one

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I read correctly, Raimi said that he thought Carnage was a very shallow character, so he probably won't be in. But who knows, strange things can happen.

Best answers
venom will be back :), i didnt realy like the movie that much, i also expected venom to be %30 - %40 buffer, its annoying seeing peterparker thinking hes cool with his emo hair style :|, sux how harry dies, more action of venom would of ben great,though venom will be back. only good thing was the end battle

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Course venom will be back because you know theres going to be carnage in one of the movies Cletus Cassidy was one of the most insane sadistic criminals ever and to not see that on the big screen will be a let down. I want to see the lizard sometime soon and do the whole doctor connors story the lizard was one of the main villains.

Now what would be cool in the next set of movies that comes out is some cross character action like seeing spider-man with the fantastic four or hell even in the new Iron Man because if you remember the fox spider-man cartoon they crossed marvel super heroes a lot and I damn well enjoyed watching Spidey and Man-O-War take on Carnage and Venom!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm just providing a link, I'm not saying this is by any means accurate.. but it's worth a read.

Click.

Best answers
I want to see the lizard sometime soon and do the whole doctor connors story the lizard was one of the main villains.
The Lizard... :( That brings back sweet memories. I used to love the lizard and Spiderman fight. Still do. Connors rocks. Its really nice how it was portrayed in the cartoon and in the comics.
Was there an ultimate version of him? I am not so familiar with the ultimate version of Spiderman. Could someone post a shot of the Ultimate Lizard?

EDIT:

Our regular scooper tells FreezeDriedMovies that plans are underway for Spider-Man 4, which were (obviously) set up in the third film. In the third entry, Dr. Curt Connors (played by Dylan Baker) looks at a piece of symbiote with Peter Parker. The movie then travels along it's path without another mention of that "piece" of symbiote. This is the set up for Spider-Man 4 where that small piece of alien symbiote becomes CARNAGE. Yes Cletus Kasady is coming to the big screen, one of Spider-Man most horrifying and evil villains. Not only with Parker have to deal with the red lean mean killing machine, but Connors is set to become the long awaited LIZARD! these two villains have all been CONFIRMED for Spider-Man 4. There is talk of the Black Cat making her first appearance, but that's all but official.
I really hope that is true. It would be nice seeing Carnage on screen. Not to mention Felicia Hardy and the Lizard. ^_^
But I do hope they stick to the orig story concerning the Lizard and don't make it into some fiasco, though.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The 4th movie would be amazing if it had both Lizard and Kraven.

Chances of the rat's info being correct is pretty close to 0 since no one knows anything about the movie, including who is going to direct,star, and write the script at this point. Everything is purely speculative.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have to say... the movie left me more than a little disappointed.

and i think the people in the theater hated me, because before the movie started, my younger brother, and cousin, started an argument with me that spidey turns evil because he was poisoned, and had no idea who venom was.

upon trying to correct them, some people behind me agreed with them, and then some people in front agreed with me, and pretty soon a full on, in-theater argument insued between a bunch of comic lovers, and a bunch of idiots and youngsters who never saw the cartoon/read the comic.

but yeah... disappointed overall. and venom sucked ass. that wasn't venom, that was a dude in a black suit who wanted to try on the jokers mask.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Near the end I felt that Peter was a priest and Eric was in a confession booth. Ugh.
"I forgive you."
In this case, quantity over quality has taken place in my opinion.
Lots of different things happen in this movie, but not enough of each.
The movie could've done better without Sandman I think.
There's just too many things going on in the movie, it's like X-Men 3 all over again except handled and executed a bit better. (Only because it's longer)
Edit-
Oh, and topher grace buffed the **** up in this one, when he's in the venom costume he has venom's huge upper body that we know and love, I was blown away by how big the guy got.
CG Body with Topher's head on it.
I honestly hated his acting, each moment of his screen time I expected someone off-camera to say a lame joke and an added 'audience laughter' sound effects after words.
They could've picked a better actor than him, I guess I didn't like him in the movie the same reason why I didn't like the "Godzilla" remake years back.
Remembering the actors from comedy bits, trying to act serious in a serious movie. And failing, badly.

Best answers
Dang it! Origin was right. It should have been the Hulk....

lol....

Wondered where that pic went.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the thing is, what i initially didn't understand, was how they could get something like the sandman to look so impressive, and yet EVERY cg scene with spidey or venom, just looked plastic and fake.

then it hit me. i went in thinking "sandman wouldn't even look real in real life, so he could look any way in a movie and impress me".

i've seen lower budget movies with better cg (serenity?) i even have friends who can produce better effects.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the thing is, what i initially didn't understand, was how they could get something like the sandman to look so impressive, and yet EVERY cg scene with spidey or venom, just looked plastic and fake.

then it hit me. i went in thinking "sandman wouldn't even look real in real life, so he could look any way in a movie and impress me".

i've seen lower budget movies with better cg (serenity?) i even have friends who can produce better effects.
The CGG team that worked on Spider-man 3 should have just worked on Spider-man 3 the game.
Maybe then the graphics wouldn't be so bad.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I dunno. I thought the way Venom's material moved and snapped along when it wasn't connected to somebody was pretty sweet. I wouldn't begin to understand how the stuff was scripted to behave like that. It looked like living tar. The obvious cg scenes are...well, you KNOW they're not real, so they won't impress you or trick you. However, I've seen footage at Sony Imageworks (where Spiderman 3 and Superman Returns' effects were both made) of a couple scenes from Superman that involved him gently releasing a shuttle into space while the camera closed-in slowly on his face. My first glance at the scene made me think it was green-screened. I was shocked then, to see the same scene, but rendered in wireframe mode, showing the ultra-photo-realistic Superman model had been used for the scene. The actor himself was nowhere. That impressed the Hell out of me, since I hadn't realized we were that far along into achieving true-to-life graphics. Neo-Baroque era indeed.

Best answers
i like seeing cross characters aswell, eg spiderman with bla bla bla fighting venom or carnage, that would be great.. also the longer the movie is the better it is, well for me

Best answers
I just got back from seeing this movie with Kama and his girlfriend.

There are some good things I liked about this movie and some things that were so bad that they ended up being funny.

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at Peter Parker, as I did when he was emo. For gods sake, he had eye-liner and trimmed eyebrows in one of the scenes. If they could have, they would have put lipstick on him. After the fight were Peter got all pissy and persued Harry at his home, I remember thinking to myself. "My god, that fight made Peter look like an angst-filled b****."

Venom was done well, but at the same time horribly.

Topher Grace pulled off venom (When the CG body was added) but failed horribly as Eddie Brock. I found that venom's head was too small in this and gave him too much of an alien look, and not enough 'Freakish mutated symbiote organism' look :p

Where was his long tongue?

I was actually really happy with how they actually showed venom's web-shooting action done the same as in the comics. (Index finger extended, fist angled down, and web from the top of the wrist)

Sandman's creation scene was done very well too, I was really impressed.

The best action scenes in this movie were obviously between Harry and Peter, because 90 percent of all the action scenes were between them :p

I personally liked Harry better as the Green Goblin, the mask in the first movie killed it for me.

All in all, I was entertained, some things could have been better, a lot of things delivered.

Best answers
i think the movie wud hav been waaaaay better without sandman

coz they had to hav harry to finish off the whole "you killd my father" thing

and they had to have the symbiote/venom as a new villian and also coz hes the man

but sandman was just this unessasary sideplot that just added too much extra bull**** intho the movie and made it feel crammed and boring

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think the movie wud hav been waaaaay better without sandman

coz they had to hav harry to finish off the whole "you killd my father" thing

and they had to have the symbiote/venom as a new villian and also coz hes the man

but sandman was just this unessasary sideplot that just added too much extra bull**** intho the movie and made it feel crammed and boring
The movie would have been better without Venom. Venom was the unnecessary side plot, not Sandman. The producers forced Raimi to throw in Venom at the last minute, screwing up the entire movie. Had it been Sandman and Vulture, as originally intended, the flow of the movie would have been a hell of a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom