[Spoilers] Spiderman 3

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, I don't really think you can have Symbiote Spider-Man without Venom. Since when Peter Parker gets rid of the symbiote, it takes on Eddy Brocks moments later.

It would have worked better if they showed Eddy's hatred for Peter more.

And I think the long tounge was ommited because it would have looked cheezy in live-action.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought Sandman was an excellent character in all reguards. He's fully 3 dimensional. He's a villain, but you don't hate him, even when you find out he killed Ben Parker. His decisions and his grief and determination make him someone people can relate with. Who wouldn't have done the same to save their daughter? The actor pulled off his emotions with such eloquence. He was a big guy, but he wasn't just this muscular thug. The whole movie you see him as a person.

Really, I thought the CG for him was absolutey amazing. The kind of particle physics and animation used for the scene where he tries getting a grip on his new sand-form is perfect. The camera starting out at micro-level with individual sand grains and then watching whole miniature dunes moving around. The most impressive part was when he only JUST had his torso together, and stray bits of sand fell off his back a lot. It looked just like a sand-sculpure that moved. I honest to God felt like I could reach out and pat his shoulder and feel the course sand.

Plus I like how they ended it with him. A Spiderman movie villain actually living at the end is a first, and a weclome first. I'd like to see him make an appearance in a later movie and maybe resolve the plot with him and his daughter, this time appearing as an ally.

Oh, and I LOVED the fact that they fully used the properties of sand in this movie. I mean of course, how Harry's flame-thrower forged his arm into glass and shattered it. That possibility had been in the back of my mind through the whole movie, and seeing it done impressed me even more.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, I don't really think you can have Symbiote Spider-Man without Venom. Since when Peter Parker gets rid of the symbiote, it takes on Eddy Brocks moments later.

It would have worked better if they showed Eddy's hatred for Peter more.

And I think the long tounge was ommited because it would have looked cheezy in live-action.
I'm not even sure if they were planning on having the symbiote from the beginning.

Best answers
I think it would have been better if they did the Sandman + Vulture thing, with Harry as the side.

Then perhaps made Venom + Carnage into a movie, or just Venom, and then Carnage in the next movie. Would have probably been better that way, concentrating on one at a time.

Everytime I think about Carnage I think about Captain America...I wonder how long it will be until they make a Captain America remake rofl.

Best answers
I loved the movie, and I think it was all great. But But there was too many villians and the last battle should be longer. I'd also like it if Harry had a fight with Venom. That would be cool.

Best answers
TBH it probably would have worked out a lot better if they had done as I hoped and let the black suit story really develop more gradually ending with Symbiote Spidey killing one of the main protagonists and the end of the movie be him losing the Symbiote and the Symbiote bonding with Eddie, making way for Spiderman 4. I'll agree things could have been done better. But so it is,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont know if this was answered but I got a question:

Is mary jane and peter parker together still? It seems at the end how MJ walks off, she just goes on her own and doesnt pay attention to Peter much.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The obvious answer would be yes, but I'm not so sure about that. The ogre that played MJ isn't coming back for the 4th movie, so this gives them the perfect opportunity to make Gwen Stacy and her father important characters.

Both Doc Oc and the Green Goblin are kinda dead, so the storyline is going to be different from anything I've read, but I'm sure they'll come up with something clever as long as the producers don't force anyone to throw in carnage, venom or any other one-dimensional fan favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom