Splash damage

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Been a long time since i had one of theese :p

Firstly i know that 90% (probably more) of this comunity agrees that beamspam is a problem on the servers. So i came up with an idea (some may see that i already mentiond this in other threads^^).

So basicly beamspam is only a problem as long as beams can detonate whole maps. So the simplest solution to that would be to reduce the splash damage.

So here is my idea:
When a beam hits (or detonates) there is a 5 foot area of 100% of the beams full power. The area thats 10 feet away from the explosion point gets about 75% of full beam damage, at 15 feet you have 50% and at 20 feet there is 25% damage. Anything more than 25 feet away from the explosion point gets 0 damage.

Good things cause of that:
- less beamspam
- more power struggles
- more block struggles

Bad things:
- beams will not be as ussefull as they are now (powple might complain)
- a bigger accurasy required to use beams

NOTE:
This goes for all beam and ball attacks includng genetic beam/ball and kiblast. Furthermore if this gets implanted it also allowes this idea to get in (i just like it ^^).

And with Ravendusts idea youd have another decision. Stronger beam or more KI left for a possible PS/BS.

C&C wellcomed ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it, but if there is no more splash damage, they should at least go into a knock back and do take damage if they hit anything. Also, if you are still in the explosion, you take continous damage perhaps?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are much better solutions then that (no offense). I personally want them to implement some sort of stamina system for beams.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You didnt vote :(

Well i know that there are better solutions to it but this is the simplest and very efective.

@Chakra-X there is still splash damage its just reduced to 25 feet (lets say the goku modes is about 5 feet big (i know i have no idea how big that actualy is cause i use centimeters :p) )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a pretty good idea, but what I think would be better if there would be a serverside variable that allows you to set the maximum splash radius of attacks, to prevent such things. This would mean that, no matter how powerful an attack is, it can't get bigger than xx variable.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=55214

i suggested some ideas to on ways to null out beam spamming. i just wonder though which idea would suit best (whether it be this , my ideas or something else) maybe they could be tested to see how they work or something (testing them would then come up with a way that seems fair and good to the team)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd rather you just nerf kameha wave, its the only beam with huge splash damage.

And yes, people have to watch out for that genetic beam splash damage, its a killer.

Best answers
god u dont kno how many people generic beam spam in esf practically all the pros i have ever fought do it. an wut makes it worse is they turn on turbo and do it and it hurts like hell. but grega is right tho splash damage needs some toning down.

and has it ever occured to anyone how extremely strong generic beams are wen u have turbo on or especially wen u trans then have turbo on?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes, and you can easily block them with little or no damage.

if you cant block, teleport, if you cant teleport.. turbo away..

if you cant do that... take one for the team :_

edit: for gods sakes, you do it all the time... its not just once...

its spelled "sure" not shure"

its annoying...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well right now the pool is 6-4-4.

My point with this idea was actualy a fully charged kame from a guy who plays only in normal and than transforms and fires a turbo kame (normaly what i do). so its 10 million PL against 5 million (cause people have 5 million transformed) its a good way to get 5-7 fregs in a full server ^^. But its still lame :(
(and yes i play 90% in normal form cause i hate to be SSJ and i still didnt vote in this pool :p so its still fair)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom