Spiderman: Web of Shadows trailer + released

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7GOTetMZFQ[/ame]

So, just found out it got released today.

Anyone get it? How is it?

I literally came in my pants at the trailer. It is so amazingly sleek.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, this game looks amazing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd get it, but I'm busy playing Fable 2, Dead Space, Far Cry, Fallout 3, Gears of War 2 and Mirror's Edge. So meh. I'll get it ... eventually.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes this game will come to pc. I really used to like spiderman, but his image has been so much spent. But the game looks great I saw the trailer of this game 2 weeks ago on gametrailers.com

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks cool, but this is just a trailer. I have no idea how much of what you see can be done in-game.

I'm more interested in the games Origin mentioned, personally.
You can do everything you saw in the trailer, including throwing cars.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[ame="http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=yKYmBtSWwpw"]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=yKYmBtSWwpw[/ame]​
see a demo

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The entire part from the moment Spidey kicks Vulture against the side of the skyscraper looks very cutscenetastic to me. It can't be dynamic because it's just too good for that. You see Vulture bouncing off from the building, with Spidey then catching him again, and knocking him against the other side. It looks too fluid.

If it IS, though, it would be very impressive.
It's in the game. Their goal with combat was to allow you to string together an unlimited number of combos using the new Spidey Sense lock-on mechanic. Check out some of the ingame vids.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I watched it again, and the only vulture part (where a vulture and spidey duke it out and aren't surrounded by symbiotes) that's a cutscene is when he punches the Vulture twice in air, and is way above all of the skyscrapers (towards the end).

Edit: Nevermind. I thought you were talking about the first vid. The scene you're talking about is one of those bull**** God of War "PRESS X NOW!!!" scenes.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey now, at least Spidey looks cool doing it.

Whoever said you could always throw cars in Spider-Man games is way off. Cars actually have physics useful to Spider-Man. Swinging is still awesome, but it's the combat that makes the game fun.

You can literally switch from red and black suit in mid combat. The fluidness of combat and extended combos really make fighting dynamic looking. And surprisingly, a lot of stuff is destructible. I performed a swinging kick on an enemy, but in the process I charged through cars, flinging them in to store fronts as the explode and destroy windows, signs, and other small objects. A civilian was hurt, but I decided to fight the enemy that was flailing about airborne. I mangle the enemy in mid air, but the civilian (dies or runsaway?) and I get some evil points.

It starts out slow because there aren't a lot of moves, and the game is heavily combat based. If you don't like the fighting, the game isn't for you, because there is a lot of repetitiveness in mission set up.

I've read the IGN review and I disagree with a lot of things, but one biggies is that sometimes things get so repetitive is irritating. Like "defeating the SECOND WAVE of snipers". It's very lazy looking and hurts the game's presentation.

But the combat is fierce, that you can be safe knowing.

Oh, and I've neem playing for 3 hours and I haven't even reached the infection part of the story.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The music was way overdone in the trailer.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked the look of the trailer, promises some variety in opponents.

My favourite Spidey game was the Ultimate Spiderman game (comic/cell-shaded version) It had interesting well done cut scenes, quite a bit of variety and a fair few opponents and felt very, well, spidermany even though the combat was pretty basic. I hope this one lives up to that one, the only thing Im not so keen on are those God of war "press x not to die" sequences, takes away everything thats freeform about a game.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The city is gigantic. I remember in Spider-Man 3 I was like "okay, I'm here, so I can get there", but now I can kind of get lost if I did not have a map. It definitely has a slight taste of Devil May Cry and/or Ninja Gaiden. SLIGHT. But just enough.

But I can't tell you how much "GO KILL X AMOUNT OF STUFF" missions I get. The worst type of enemies are flying ones because you can only fight them in the air, instead of the ground, wall, AND air. But luckily, fighting is still awesome once you have 20%+ of the moves unlocked.

The integration between red and back suit is awesome. I still need to nail down meshing the combos together, but sometimes I'll get pissed at an enemy, go symbiote, and chuck a car at them. Then there's this move where you snatch the enemy with your tendrils, bring him toward you, swing him in the air, and hammer him back down.

I bought this because I can have a high tolerance for repetitiveness if the combat is fun. If you aren't this type of person, then I highly recommend at least a rental. It's the funnest Spider-Man game to date in my opinion.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Origin another reply to any thread like that and you get a warning for spam.

The game is out for ps2, obviously the game will be different from the trailers as those are for the 360 and PS3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom