SPEED PAINTINGS!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Amnestometh said:

30 mins... I've been practicing a bit lately, especially with Rurouni Kenshin references.
...Can I see the reference you used?
Its like perfect... why would you need to add that ugly filter?
Unless... you just took a picture from the net and added a filter... :/

Best answers
yay life in the art forum <3

um also yeah .... that filter = o_O it doesnt to anything for the picture .. so whats the point in having it.

keep the paints comin :D ill post another one later

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:
...Can I see the reference you used?
Its like perfect... why would you need to add that ugly filter?
Unless... you just took a picture from the net and added a filter... :/
Wtf? Filter? All I did was scan my painting, and save it as a PNG.

Edit: I kinda regret posting here now, after reading some responses. I don't want to get tagged as a ripoff or something for my work. This is the main reason that I usually keep to myself on the forums...

Best answers
Sorry for breaking your fun-bubble here, but your ego should make room for more talented people. That "painting" of yours is just an image taken from the internet and you applied the "palette knife" filter to it..

As proof, I did the same thing in 10 seconds (including looking up a picture)
For quite obvious reasons (could be blamed for just using his picture), I used a different picture from Kenshin and applied the same effect:

So yes, call your ass served or show the original, unedited painting.. But as you said, you just scanned and saved, so I guess you can call yourself served..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
8th grade art projects bro, but I'm not going to waste any more time in here. I'm going to go back to my old ways of hardly saying anything on these forums.

Best answers
You can say all you want.. The fact that someone can reproduce the exact same thing in 10 secddns says enough.. You just ripped a picture and applied the photoshop filter..

It's pointless for me to keep hammering untill you admit, and the fact that you still haven't shown any proof also indicates the fact that you stole it.. But then again, you won't reply here anymore because you're too "pro" at ripping stuff..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Amnestometh said:
8th grade art projects bro, but I'm not going to waste any more time in here. I'm going to go back to my old ways of hardly saying anything on these forums.
Relax, we've all done stuff we wish we hadn't before... thats why the word 'regret' was invented. Just work on some actual drawings and paintings and post them for some actual crits.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:
Relax, we've all done stuff we wish we hadn't before... thats why the word 'regret' was invented. Just work on some actual drawings and paintings and post them for some actual crits.
I've posted my work. It isn't my fault that you all reacted the way you did, although I wasn't entirely surprised. Maybe I'll draw a stick figure and post it, seeing as how that's the only thing nowadays that can be believed.

@ Kimfu - You have 2 posts on these forums, whereas I've been here for a long ass time. I'm sorry, but you really don't have an arguement, because you really don't know me, at least as well as some others on these forums. I'm not even flaming you bro, just trying to get you to wake up.

Best answers
Amnestometh said:
I've posted my work. It isn't my fault that you all reacted the way you did, although I wasn't entirely surprised. Maybe I'll draw a stick figure and post it, seeing as how that's the only thing nowadays that can be believed.
God, stop acting like a jerk.. It's obvious you just applied a filter to an original picture.. Stop denying it, only makes you look even more dumb..
I truely believe that stick figures is the only thing you really can.. SO go ahead and proof me wrong "mister 8th grade art project"-man.. Go ahead and post a real artwork with your name under it, like a true pencil artwork with "Made by Amnestometh" on it, handwritten on the paper ofcourse.

And who cares about posts? Because I have 2 posts here, means I have absolutely no skill? I have absolutely no right to show the world how bad you are as a ripper? No really.. I actually made an account here to proof that you're a ripper..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?p=719894#post719894

If I had any remote clue as to how to work Photoshop, don't you think I'd be making my own sigs? All aside, I don't even know what a filter is. I'm sorry if you don't belive me, that's your own fault.

EDIT: FYI, a ripper is someone who steals the work of others. I'm still laughing softly at you.

Best answers
Great, you just showed us all that you have no skill in artwork what so ever.. And yes, even the biggest noob can apply filters.. believe me.. You can say all you want, but if the cops arrested you for murder, and you say "what's a murder?", they'll just laugh their ass off.

You remain a ripper untill you post a pencil drawing signed with your name.. And you still haven't done that so far..

EDIT: you stole the original picture from the artists that made the series, you then applied a filter to make it look like a painting.. I'm still laughing very hard at you.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kimfu said:
Great, you just showed us all that you have no skill in artwork what so ever.. And yes, even the biggest noob can apply filters.. believe me.. You can say all you want, but if the cops arrested you for murder, and you say "what's a murder?", they'll just laugh their ass off.

You remain a ripper untill you post a pencil drawing signed with your name.. And you still haven't done that so far..

EDIT: you stole the original picture from the artists that made the series, you then applied a filter to make it look like a painting.. I'm still laughing very hard at you.
LMFAO, that is the single most pathetic thing I have ever heard.

1. A pencil, paint, and paper is completely different than using something like Photoshop.
2. A ripper is someone who steals the work of others. Reference drawing do not count as rips.
3. Bro, there are websites filled with entire galleries full of anime pics. So what you're now saying, is that every single one of those sites are nothing but rippers?

Think before you speak, because now you're just spitting out garble.

Edit: I'm ending this right now, because it's going way too far, and I'm down to my last warning (And I know Pain would dearly love to eat my soul using my last warning). I apologize for everything I said to you, so let's drop the whole thing and move on.

If you insist that I have something against you, I'm sure I can keep a closer eye on you so as to support your fantasy, but I have a feeling you wouldn't like that much. - Pain

Best answers
Amnestometh said:
1. A pencil, paint, and paper is completely different than using something like Photoshop.
2. A ripper is someone who steals the work of others. Reference drawing do not count as rips.
3. Bro, there are websites filled with entire galleries full of anime pics. So what you're now saying, is that every single one of those sites are nothing but rippers?

Think before you speak, because now you're just spitting out garble..
1. I thought you said you scanned it and saved it? Meaning that you painted it on paper, scanned it and saved it.. So yes, you CAN show us original artwork made by you, but you wish to not show us, so you can't proof anything that you're the real artist you're pretending to be.
2. You ripped the picture and added the filter, so the only thing you did is apply the filter, you had no hand in the creating of the original picture, thus you're a ripper (unless you can proof us that you didn't rip..)
3. No, they just host the pictures.. What difines a ripper is that he takes the work of somone else (with or without small edits to make it harder to detect) and post it as their own work.. Basicly the thing that you did.

And no need to send PM's to treathen me and flame me..

Best answers
first of this is a speed painting thread and if you had to scan it in, then it wasnt a speed paint, being that actual paint takes longer than 30 mins to dry unless its water color, and that was clearly not water color.

Even if it is your work, the filter ruins it completly.

It doesnt even have any brush strokes in it. its not a speed paint in any sense

on topic .. looken good growler.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bile said:
on topic .. looken good growler.
Agreed, nice one Growler.

I'm just going to put this behind me and move on. Seeing as how this has no affect whatsoever on my life, I'm completely undaunted by everyone's thoughts (Whether you believe me or not). You can believe me, and that's fine. You can not belive me, and that's fine. Makes no difference to me, as I and I alone know the truth.

Best answers
hey guys! i can see an improvement here!

if you are posting after someone else posted something, please give them any crits or comments. And if someone ripped art just dont say anything about it.

I believe that Amnestometh did not rip the art. You should continue painting and even posting. If you did not do anything wrong you should not be afraid to post again. I know im not an admin here.. but let's keep postin and stop arguing.. I WANT TO SEE MORE ART GUYS

but really nice job so far! i hope to see more soon! please use more ref from life instead of anime cells! i think that would benefit you guys a lot more

Best answers
Amnestometh said he's dropping the issue, and so should everyone else. Let's get back on topic.

BTW, Growler, that monkey thing is cute =p.

Best answers
Smith| said:
Amnestometh said he's dropping the issue, and so should everyone else. Let's get back on topic.

BTW, Growler, that monkey thing is cute =p.
That monkey is a Goron, from Zelda :D
And it looks nice
Make your next one eat a rock

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I did this piece in approximately 7 minutes using Ms Paint. Thats right. I dished out several hundred dollars for Ms Paint. Anyway, these are 2 characters I draw often. Any resemblance to actual people or resemblance to what people think a particular person may have looked like is purely coincidence.

Should't speed paintings be, you know, speedy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom