SPEED PAINTINGS!!!

Best answers
Hey Guys,
anyone want to join this thread? :) Try to do a speed paint a day. I do one once in a while but it would be cool to see people join this!! if anyone wants to be the first one to post! thanks

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tales said:
Hey Guys,
anyone want to join this thread? :) Try to do a speed paint a day. I do one once in a while but it would be cool to see people join this!! if anyone wants to be the first one to post! thanks
definately... cept
Can I do speed drawings? I can't paint for my life :/

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats the point in them Growler, you just go into photoshop and try to get a really quick painting out, it improves your skills and makes you think in other ways (colour, value, texture etc) rather than just drawing D:

Tales, you're a genious... may update this post in a little while D:

Best answers
Growler - Dont worry! Doing speed paintings will help you so much, just as David has mentioned. Post and let's see what you go
DavidSkiwan- dude i cant wait to see your stuff

here guys..! i found some nice sites that might be helpful for you and ref. doin speed paintings form these sites might be fun.. too bad none of them are people!
http://it.stlawu.edu/~koon/cr/10 Cemetery/Cemetery 1.htm
http://www.greatlakesurbanex.com/
http://www.opacity.us/
http://okazi.cool.ne.jp/rare/rare23.html

http://www.helnwein.com/

wel lmaybe some..!

hope these help and inspire you! NOW GET PAINTIN!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll go!! I always love an excuse to stay up later than I really should :D
And I desperately need the practice too >_>;

About 10 minutes in opencanvas
I was barely thinking on this one, but next time I'll use shading (and photoshop) to define edges instead of the lines

Best answers
Hey Sa_Gohan
Nice job for 10 mins. I think you can push your contrast a little bit more ! Thanks for bein the first poster of artwork!! keep postin alright?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I tried. I kinda like this speed stuff

Best answers
wow growler!!! NICE TRY

I just suggest you aim for higher contrast! but really nice job!! keep postin! one more tomorrow :)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
D: nice work peoples, interesting stuff gohan, and ya, you both could do with a bit more contrast...

here's my first :x

first 20 mins, warmup D:

second, bout 30 mins (thanks for the ref Tales =P)

meh, some things arent in perspective and stuff, but im generally happy with it... i guess =\

Best answers
WOW DAVID

THOSE TWO ARE AWESOME! DID I TELL YOU I LOVEEE THEM?
damnn boy! and you dont draw a lot! PLZ DRAW MORE!! you lazy bum lol for the warm up i really like the pose.. i thought you did it in 3d max or whatever that 3d program is called!
and the 2nd one is just geroguos!!! post more ya!!!!! i cant wait to see what your speed paintings will look in the future

growler! nice job too! try to stick with photo ref though!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
danke =P and i do draw... quite a bit, i just dont show what i draw these days... mainly cuz i never wanna scan anything in =P I should draw more than i do now though D: its just trying to find inspiration which i find hard....

Nice trunks growler, its one of the best things ive seen you draw, but like tales said, its better to stick to photo's with speed painting, you learn more from a photo than an anime cell.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quick question, is it easier to just pump out one brush with no pressure sensitivity but you have transperency?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bapplebo said:
Quick question, is it easier to just pump out one brush with no pressure sensitivity but you have transperency?
hmmm depends how you wanna work, though it isnt what gets nice blending most of the time. This is what i usually use:

I start with a 30 pixel brush (size depending on image, bigger the brush the better), pressure changes the width, and i work at about 80% opacity when i want to get down a base colour, then ontop of the base colours i use a brush with about 30% opacity and blend in any shaddows etc... but i do alter the transparency depending on what i want to produce, like if i want to add a redish tint to a skintone in places, i'll use 10% opacity instead, or just any really light colour adjustments. Hopefully that'll help, remember to be bold with colour too... though that gets into depths i cant even start to describe, i've got a good tut link at home, i post it often though so you might've all seen it already (by prometheus)

nice stuff growler, keep it comming =]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate you guys.... You are using that awesome Computer pencil thing that you draw on the special pad. I swear, if I had $80 I would go out and buy one.

Nice job guys, its very very nice. I would love to see someone try and draw a car in motion or at least something in motion.

Best answers
hey growler, nice job.
do you feel the improvement? be sure to do one a day, these will help tons

Best answers

not really speed painting .. took about 45 - 50 minutes [Im new to the whole painting stuff thing -shrug-]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom