Special Melee Moves

Scruffie

S
My idea for Special Melee Attacks.

When you press Melee twice, a new icon appears in the attack bar, which relates to the Special Melee attack for that character.

When you target with melee and press attack, you hit the opponent with the attack no matter how far away you are(you swoop in first). This attack takes away all the energy in your Ki bar, and takes off the amount of health relative to that amount of Ki, as in a full bar will take off double one half bar.

Like sensu beans, you only have a certain amount of them, like three, or whatever the team sees fit.

Now, each character, when you think about it, can be given one Special Melee attack (if there are blanks maybe someone could give me ideas) There are different kinds off attacks depending on the character.

------------------ Draining Health and Climbing PL

These attacks all drain Health from opponent, and Ki from you, and add slowly to your PL.

Buu- Liquifies and enters opponents body, then stays in draining all Ki from your own attack bar. The other players health drops at a steady rate. When you run out of Ki or opponent dies, you jump out again. This would probably have the best animation in the game.

Freeza- Swoops in and crushes opponent with tail taking off health and Ki at a steady rate. When you run out of Ki or the opponent dies, you drop them.

Cell- You stick your tail in them, and drain theyre health away and your Ki, while adding to you PL. When opponent dies they dissolve and when you run out of Ki your tail retracts.

-------------------- Thwacking (Technical Term for Hitting Them Real Hard)

Basically, with these, fly in and hit them hard like melee, only it removes all Ki from you, relative amount of health to Ki taken from you from opponent, and adds a relative amount of PL to you depending on health taken off.

Goku- Dragonfist- Fly in and hit them like melee.

Piccolo- Arm stretches from across map (no swoop needed) and strikes opponent like melee. Arm then retracts.

Vegeta-???

Gohan-???

---------------------- Slicing Damage

These are dependant on char, so just read the description.

Trunks- Flys in, slices with Sword, doesn't throw them away like thwacking attack. Takes of Ki and health, and adds to PL in same was a Thwacking.

Krillin- Throws a large homing Destructo Disc at opponent. Same effects as Trunks.

Pros

1. Adds some attacks to characters that people would love to see ingame.
2. Adds to Melee.
3.Can't really be spammed, because you only really get three, or whatever.

Cons

1. A lot of work for ESF team. Although I think it would be worth it, other people might not. (such as the people you won't like this idea)
2. Not every character has a Special Melee attack.

These attacks can be blocked by simply holding block.

Exceptions-

Piccolos arm would start, so Ki is lost, but gets blocked if opponent is blocking.

Krillins disc and Trunk's sword are only dodgeable. They cannot be blocked, like discs.

I know Trunks sword is ingame already for the patch, so it could just be added as a Special Melee as well.

Vote on poll and please comment!

Best answers
I would like these move better as finishing moves. Say once someone has less than 10 hp and their pl is dorpping oyu can finish them ff witht he character's special move.

Scruffie

S
I dunno, I think people would like to do them whenever they want.

You could have most likely you will kill them with some of these anyway.

Scruffie

S
Ahh! I hate when this happens! I post an idea and I get no comment on wether it's good or not!

I mean, 30 views, at least one person could vote... :S

Best answers
The fact that its a single move and can kill someone is enough to make it not in. If its a finishing move it would be cool.

Scruffie

S
But thats the thing, it doesn't kill in one shot. It depends entirely on how much HP the opponent has, and how much Ki you have.

Okay, lets explain this a bit more.

Full health bar for opponent+ Full Ki bar for Player = Opponent Loses about Half health and Play loses al Ki and gains 100 000 PL

Half Health Bar for Opponent+ Full Ki bar for Player= Opponent dies and player loses all Ki and gains 50 000 PL

Full Health Bar for Opponent+ Half Ki for Player= Opponent loses quarter health and player loses all Ki and gains 50 000 PL

Get it? It's all relative. And you can't spam cus you only get so many of these attacks.

BUT Krillins Disc is an instant Kill as is Trunks Sword but that goes without saying. Maybe they should only get 1 each of their attacks.

I still need suggestions for Vegeta and Gohan.

Best answers
Instead of sword attack, Trunks could put his hand on the enemy's chest and blast them across the map. It would hurt as much as normal melee, but the knockback would be twice the normal amount.

I think this could work; maybe swooping for a special attack could burn up extra ki, as opposed to only doing it a few times per life. This is in addition to the ki used by the special move itself (which varies from char to char). People die so easily in ESF that a per life basis doesn't seem that strict. Maybe you earn one use every .25 million base pl you gain, and you start with one use?

Oh, I don't like the "insta-kill" ones. Krillin could repeatedly head-butt them instead or something. :D

Scruffie

S
Thats true. Insta kills would suck ass, and people die so much.

So one use per mill might be better. You could stockpile them then go on a rampage when at twenty mill.

Buus would rock I think, I saw him do it to that robber right after he transforms, and also to Vegetto... very gory.

Best answers
I think it would be a nightmare (if it's even possible) to animate. I know that in UT you can stretch models ingame so you could make the affected character really fat (or something to that effect), but I don't think you can with H-L. :(

I'd love to see it in, though. I'm hoping I'm horribly wrong. ;)

Best answers
I think there should be an option for the lock on targeting system so swooping can be done freely, that would take more skill to use melee plus I think the targeting system is kind of annoying. With out the targeting you could fight more than one opponent more easily. And you could use swooping to get to places faster too. HOW BOUT A CVAR TO TURN LOCK ON OFF!!!! Please

~RAGE

Best answers
I'd like it if you could lock on to multiple players and if lock onw orked for more than just melee, like your beams would be slightly guided, but sitll dodgable like scattering beam.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont know, it will slower the game abit......:\

Best answers
I dont like the idea at all, One Hit kills are lame, and tweaking it would get to complicated and I dont want the team wasting time on this when there is more important/better things to be worked on. I mean its a unique idea ill give you that. And wtf you mean about Finishing Moves? remind me again, is this ESF or Mortal Kombat? j/k i like the finishing move idea a little.
There is a lot of bugs in the idea tho, like buu turns liquid and goes inside someone then while hes inside someone could someone else come and melee or shoot a beam at them? and then if that person gets killed whlie you (buu) are inside them do you die too? and if all the characters dont have them then no one should and making up moves for the characters is always bad. Dragonfist is from a movie not the seris even tho its a cool move. and he does it as ssj3, and the stockpile idea isnt good, what if someone just builds up a lot of them and someone new enters the room (server) and then they get spammed with these 'finishing moves' or 'special melees' and they die like 10 times before that persons runs out, is that fair? no. The reason this idea is bad is because it completely unbalances the game. And piccolo doesnt extend his arm alot to hit people in the seris either.

Best answers
Some are good suggestions, but Krillins destructo idea isnt even melee, so I guess it doesnt pass for special melee. I liked the finishing move idea better, but if you do the finishing move, you get extra pl. So it is not only much better to use the finishing move (because it is so much cooler) but because it also gives you an extra pl bonus. Before doing these of course you'd have to swoop in, assuming that they are melee moves...
Special Melee Idea sucks. No doubt.

Best answers
Goku uses the Ryuken (dragon fist) in movie #13 and DBGT. There for in cannot/should not be in ESF because it is only concerned with DBZ seris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom