Speakers not working properly...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I've got a problem, not anything big, but it sucksor...
I downloaded my sound drivers, installed them and my speakers worked PERFECTLY, I played a little esf with ALL 4 of my speakers working(before I formatted only one speaker worked for ome odd reason worked 0_o), then all of a sudden, WHOOSH! they all stop making noizez and only one works, like good ol, good ol, but it's sucks so much, I really loved it when they all worked...:(

Do you guys have anything that might help me get them all working again or a reason how this might have happened(?), and yeah I checked if anything muted, but no, volume control settings looks the same as always...:cry:

Best answers
You could try reinstalling the old drivers. But i doubt that'll work if there was only 1 speaker working with old ones.
Also check volume control>options>properties. From there you can add more settings to look at if anything else is muted. I cant think of anything else now...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh okay, well the thing is, my computer didn't work properly, I couldn't go online, etc. I had the same drivers as what I have now, I formatted my pc, installed the same drivers from the main website and then all speakers worked, and then yesterday it just cut out 3 of the speakers, this is how it also was before I formatted.

But I'll just double check the things you told me.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
donnierisk said:
oh okay, well the thing is, my computer didn't work properly, I couldn't go online, etc. I had the same drivers as what I have now, I formatted my pc, installed the same drivers from the main website and then all speakers worked, and then yesterday it just cut out 3 of the speakers, this is how it also was before I formatted.

But I'll just double check the things you told me.
Let's run the old fancy shmancy cable test. First, play a song (Any song you like) on your computer. Approach the difunctional speakers, and grab the cable where it goes into the speaker. Now wiggle it around while the music is playing. If you can hear the music going in and out, then you know your speakers are screwed. If you hear the music going in and out, you'll have to take your speakers apart and resauder the wires. Or just buy new speakers...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ethier your speakers are dying or something is wrong. Since I know your'e using a nforce2 Ultra 400 chipset, the drivers are all in one if you download the drivers for your mainboard (they cover sound, nvidia's onboard lan and chipset/mainboard drivers). Other then that you should check that all the cables are plugged in correctly and firmly. You could also possibly be expirencing signal noise.

You should have a little fiddle with ntune and see what's functiong differently under different sound modes aswell. With a pair of cheapo $20 speakers I noticed ethier signal noise, since the sound would sound simlar to annoyying tv static (only just a tad remixed), or probably just because the speakers were crap to begin with and ran pretty loud for a long time playing music and eventually started distorting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
okay, well for some reason now, both my under speakers work, but only them, the other 2 don't work at all, as always, maybe my pc doesn't detect surround sound or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom