Mog

Best answers
1. These sound files are the wrong way round:

sound\krillin\destructodisc_charge.wav = generic sound
sound\weapon\destructodisc_charge.wav = krillin's sound

2. C18 / Android 18 sound folder has the wrong name:

sound\18 = wrong
sound\a18 = right

The same is probably true for C17's sound folder too, but the game doesn't try to access that folder.
Also not really a bug... but their class names seem to be c17 and c18, but their model & sound folders are a17 and a18.
Are they cyborgs or androids? o_o

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. These sound files are the wrong way round:

sound\krillin\destructodisc_charge.wav = generic sound
sound\weapon\destructodisc_charge.wav = krillin's sound

2. C18 / Android 18 sound folder has the wrong name:

sound\18 = wrong
sound\a18 = right

The same is probably true for C17's sound folder too, but the game doesn't try to access that folder.
Also not really a bug... but their class names seem to be c17 and c18, but their model & sound folders are a17 and a18.
Are they cyborgs or androids? o_o
Cyborg = Android.

Just difrent names for the same thing. Artificaly enhanced humans with robotic technology.

The terms are only used difrent. The term android is used when you dont see any mechanical parts. And the term Cyborg is used when robotic parts are aparant. (i think)

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cyborg = Android.

Just difrent names for the same thing. Artificaly enhanced humans with robotic technology.

The terms are only used difrent. The term android is used when you dont see any mechanical parts. And the term Cyborg is used when robotic parts are aparant. (i think)
From what I understand, an android is completely artificial while a cyborg is partly artificial.

Mog

Best answers
android = full robot, purposely designed to look like a human, no human parts.
cyborg = C18. A human, who is cybernetically enhanced with robotic parts.

I don't really care about that too much, it just makes it confusing using different names in different places, especially when ESF looks for an "a18" sound folder not "18".

The krillin sounds being the wrong way round is more annoying...
When C18 uses her destructo disc, it plays all the following sounds (if it can find them, and they are precached):

charging the d-disc
sound\a18\destructodisc_charge.wav (not precached atm, unless you make an amxx plugin)
sound\weapons\destructodisc_charge.wav (this has krillin's voice, not generic)
releasing the d-disc
sound\a18\destructodisc.wav
sound\weapons\disc_fire.wav

So krillin's voice will be heard when C18 charges up a destructo disc.
But the destructodisc_charge.wav in krillin's sound folder does not contain his voice (so could be used by all characters, generic weapon sound.)

Oh well, I just switched those two krillin sounds around for now... everything works perfect.
With my edited model for d-disc animation and precached sound files, she works as good as any other character! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom