Soul Calibur 2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont waste my time with the soul edge series. they are just button mashing games. a newbie can literally come along a mash his way to victory againsta pro. ive seen it happen.

Best answers
Oh god.. want this game.. soo bad.. oh.. cant decide.. which to get.. want Link.. but Spawn.. Heihachi.. ahh.. cant.. nooo...

*pulls out a Berretta and shoots himself*
meh >_<

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1m4 0wn y0 455 said:
i dont waste my time with the soul edge series. they are just button mashing games. a newbie can literally come along a mash his way to victory againsta pro. ive seen it happen.
The Tekken games were a button mashing series. *coughcough Eddy/Christie coughcough*

Obviously the 'pro' you speak of wasn't quite professional enough, was he? I've had people try to button mash against me, and I use Repel/Parry golden counters, and they can't do anything.

Anyway, ESF has something very similar to 'button mashing' if you know what I'm talking about. :rolleyes:

Best answers
Heh, I've heard of the game, but never played of seen it. I am planning on getting it today though, I just wished Spawn was in the PS2 version. Ah well.

Best answers
Ok Ok...I cant believe no1 has said kilik! he pwnz all of them all of them!!
*ahem* he is in sc2 right? riight? cuz he was the best in sc1 trip him with the stick then poke em' in the eye!

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Any fighting game=
Button masher vs button masher= random win
button masher vs average player= button masher has a chance.
button masher vs expert/elite player= not a chance

You have to get past a certain point in a fighting game like soul caliber to deal with button mashers. I get so frustrated when I read reviews that call fighting games nothing but button mashing for the biggest combos when blocking or dodging kills the combo. I have found something enjoyable out of every fighting game except for tekken. Tekken is button mashing heaven and it should stay with those who think its good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dude it is a bitton mashers game. granted there is a lil degree of non button mashing like guard deflects, but other than that its all mash. and i say this guy was a pro because he has over 3000+ and about 100 losses victorys in the conquest mode. im sorry but its a simple 3 button game. kick vertical horizontal. combine them in any order u get a combo or juggle combo.

mistrugi - back + kick, vertical then vertical + horizontal sends them flying followed by a vertical vertical and then kick thats about 75% of your health there if done properly. no there are only 3 attack buttons so a n00by has a huge chance of making a 40% life bar combo with just a simple mash. u cannot and i repeat cannot do this in a game like guilty gear xx, or cvs2, or mvc2 unless u do like a super or somethin. and u say tekken is a button mashing game mash against an experienced paul or king user and u will see it is not. tekken has a ouple characters that are mas friendly. which are eddie/christy, law, and well i cant think of another one

besides that soul calibur has 3 very cheap characters that everyone uses. cervantes, nightmare, and misturugi and if u like to long range whore ivy

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Every character is easily counterable if you know what you're doing. If you claim SC2 is a 3 button game, then, as I said.. You obviously haven't played much.

Sure, you can defeat a random person with 'Cervantes, nightmare and misturugi,' but if you know what you're doing, those people stand no chance.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All I used was maxi when i played sc because i only played for a day. I got decent with him and beat up someone that knows how to play that used nightmare. Given I lost about 100 times before I found out how to get in close in sc2 they really adopted to movement. With a couple new things added where moving up and down actually matters its a nice to see in a genre that is running out of new ideas. I will say my favorite fighting game is bloody roar 3 and there is no way anyone can call it a button mashing or combo game.

Best answers
I button mash if im like stuck in a corner or something, to get my way out, especially if im using a char that rely's on ranged attacks.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, it is a button mashing game. It's also tactical. If you are afraid of getting beat by somebody flailing about with Voldo (as I have MANY MANY times) then try to avoid playing amatures. Two pros going at it is a COMPLETELY different story than somebody who knows how to parry going up against someone who hasn't played a fighter before.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i beat the game 4 times before i even started using the 8 way running, its not a hard game at all, ive been playing since the original soul edge

my favorite character has to be talim though,

fast, decent damage, and very very agile, you can pratcically run circles around nightmare or astaroth

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You just have to learn how to deal with Voldo. :D

"Seeing two pros go at it" really is incredible, I've participated in SC1 tournaments before. It becomes almost DBZish with the repel/parrys, until someone makes a mistake.

Sonic, who do you think is more difficult to use; Voldo or Ivy? I'd say Ivy, because Voldo's usage is more a matter of memorization then timing and skill..

Best answers
I like nightmare.. I can pwn with him.. though if my memory serves me correctly, SC1 had yoshimitsu in it.. and I always pone using him, no matter what game it is.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yoshimitsu is very bad-ass. He retains many of his Tekken combos as well, like the shark-attack-hellicopter-spin one. Unfortunately that one gaurentees that you land outside of the arena... so... don't use it... He also has that zanzoken technique where he spins around his opponent at the cost of his own life. The cost is way the hell too high to make the technique any good unless you are a masterful expert with him though... so... another one I'd reccomend not using...

Anyway, I have practiced with about every character except Ivy or Voldo, because they are just too hard to get into for me. Perhaps I'll go back and try them now that I have dealt with all of the other characters.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I've seen two pro's go at it, and it's excellent. It does look much like a DBZ fight, a little slower, but still great.

Also, i asked this in the beginning and it was kind of forgotten, does anyone know if each character has a weaponmaster combo (or edgemaster)? I know each one did in Soul Blade, and i never Played SC1.

Retired
Best answers
Mitsurugi owned aswell yeah, but Hwang and Maxi owned all. so if Hwang isnt in SC2, i'm gonna play Maxi (a Hwang look-alike just doenst 'do' it for me :p. but I heard you can unlock him? hope so)

the thing with maxi is, you can make flawless combo's with the nunchaku's and it looked awesome imo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u only have to do one thing with yoshimitsu and thats stand on the sword. if u are good at it if u hit them once they wont be able to get back up. u just keep jumping on there soon to corpse which just likes on the ground.

and like ive said its a 3 button game. most advance users will use the deflect option but that doesnt chage the fact that a newbie could kill someone who is moderately good at the game. u wouldnt see it in 3rd strike, guilty gearxx, cvs2, mvc2, or basically any capcom orianted fighter. and voldo is by far the worst character to play in sc2 because of his reach. granted he is random as hell but if u get beat by voldo just quit playing the game there.

and ive played enough to know its a 3 button game. i had over 1000 wins in conquest mode so i basically know the who counters who.

and incase u guys dont know its 50cents for 8 oppenents add it up
not to mention a couple characters in that game have 100 percent combos which makes the game even more bs then it already is. one deflect and kiss your character good by

basically said i dont like the game, there are much better fighters out there and a couple of them are 4-5 years older than this one too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom