soooo, i just got me a 360, what games should i get

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have no idea how i managed it with my ****ty job, but i somehow managed to get enough pocket cash to buy me a 360 this weekend, (better yet, I asked for a pre-owned premium system, and since they were out they gave me a new one for the same price ;D )

i picked up gears of war, and its pretty sweet, i havent played it online yet though =/, im still working out how to play it, so i dont get pwned by everyone else.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, depends. What kinda stuff're you into?

RPG? Action? Shooters? Strategy? o:

If you like GTa style games, then I can recommend Saint's Row. In some ways, it's better than GTA and it's much less about shock value and more about actual gameplay.

If you like racing, then Project Gotham Racing 3 and Test Drive Unlimited are good choices. o/ Both have lots of cars to collect and tweak.

As for shooters, well, you've already got Gears of War. It's the best shooter out for 360 right now, as far as I know. However, if you like something a bit more tactical, I hear Rainbow Six: Vegas is pretty tight.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't forget games like Dead Rising, Hitman Blood Money and Oblivion.

Best answers
I strongly recommend " Dead Rising " and " Lost Planet ". Other then that, just get the most you can out of GOW for now. The selection even after all this time, is still pretty disappointing, in my opinion. But the very few worthwhile games the Xbox 360 does have--are pretty damn good. But it doesn't get any better then GOW at the moment. Unless your an RPG fan or desperate, I'd wait awhile, before making another game purchase. Also, hopefully you don't end up with any regrets--due to buying your Xbox 360 before the Spring.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dead rising is a lot of fun, FIFA 07 is awsome (once you work through challenge mode and spend all your hard earned points on making yourself an amazing footballer).

project gotham is pretty cool, ninety nine nights is cool... most 360 games are pretty fun tbh.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FIFA 07?

Pro Evolution Soccer > FIFA.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
****ing great,

brand new 360, brand new game, i haven't even taken the plastic sticker off of the controller,

and i get a disc read error 30 minutes into playing it this morning, and people bash sony for its DRE's >_>

GO MICROSOFT,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've had mine since launch and it has a habit of doing that, yeah. For some weird reason just opening and closing the tray again makes it work. It's weird.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, when I read your original post, I was figuring, "They totally gave him a floor model in a box." Somehow I had a bad feeling about it.

Just so you know the problems with the gen-one 360s were due to a manufacturing error, not Microsoft. Odds are you can return it to the store if it hasn't been too long.

What do you mean by DRE, though? Cause the red ring of death doesn't necessarily mean that's the problem, and if it specifically gave you a disc read error instead of the red ring of pain and suffering, you can probably just clean the disc or the drive and fix it.

Either way I would DEFINITELY bring it back to the store.

It's also possible that it needs updating to its software, as there have been a lot of changes to it since it was first released and some newer games might have trouble. Plug that sum-***** into the internet and get the updates, see if it helps, then take it back to the store.

And don't ever, ever, ever consider buying a used console.

EDIT: if it's just a disc read error, that usually just has to do with the disc being in a little wonky, open+readjust+close should solve that. It spins at insanely high speed, remember, so it's only natural that if it's slightly off-center in the tray it could spin wild and cause a DRE. Unless of course you are using it lying down instead of standing...

Either way get xbox live and download the demos like crazy; you'll learn which games you want to play real quick. Almost all of the games, despite ESF's hating on the M$, are really good--it's just a matter of what your into.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the thing is brand new, the box was still sealed, everything was still in the plastic bags and such, all the cords were still bound, etc.

and it is laying flat =/, i don't trust putting something that expensive in any position to where it can be knocked over.

im almost convinced it was an overheating problem, (though 30 minutes is a tad fast) i let it cool off, moved it to a better location and played it for well over an hour with no problems.

i do understand that 360's have this problem somewhat, i knew that going into it. but what pissed me off is that i had to start that part over again >_>

and how the hell do you download demos

Best answers
Rainbow Six: Vegas >> GOW

GOW is the most overrated game ever =/.
yeah it?s a graphic monster...
Still never as much fun as Rainbow.
+ Rainbow has a better online mode (THE BEST).

PES 6 >> FIFA 07

Fifa 07:
boring
stupid AI

PES 6:
fun
awesome AI

The graphics in Fifa are better though.

--> Gameplay >> Graphic

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You go to the Marketplace. Then you look for the Demos.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FIFA 07?

Pro Evolution Soccer > FIFA.

i own both games... pro evo was great on the ps2, but the 360 version of FIFA puts massive wank stains all over ISS (<<< for the people who know pro evo the way i do.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
International Superstar Soccer...Deluxe! I know it exactly the way you do. :p

It's all just preference anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
International Superstar Soccer...Deluxe! I know it exactly the way you do. :p

It's all just preference anyway.
Imho, that's the best ****ing soccer game in existence.

It's the only one I can ever be arsed to play, rofl.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its not a bad game.

too bad you can't build your own players/teams, theres no limits to how you much you can edit the stats of players, and the fact that you can't change players freely enough (ie, not closest to the ball), and you can't do anything like turning the person who is marking you...

Best answers
Honestly Nuttzy i worship you right now. youve pulled off what ive been wanting to do. Buy an Xbox360. But anyways for games wise theres always the classic Halo 2 and also i would recomend Deadrising even though i haven't played it yet...its still looks cool. :D Lucky Nuttzy.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wouldnt play a soccer game,... ever.

why play a videogame in which you do something even 3rd graders are capable of?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
regaurdless of what people say.... most of the 360 games are good.

yeah connect it to the internet and download the core system updates, and game updates as well.

gears of war
rainbow six vegas
oblivion
perfect dark zero

all good games

I heard ninety nine knights was trash but i played the demo and it seemed at least a little entertaining. its got sharp graphics and is awsome how many enemies can be on the screen at the same time, even though the AI is stupid

there are demos for most of these games listed on xbox live so knock your self out

lost planet is cool, i thought saints row was ok...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom