Something I'm thinking about for a while...

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I've been thinking.. What would there be without any Heaven/Hell/Earth/Universe or anything? I just can't imagine this... I mean picture us without ANYTHING. Heaven, Earth etc... I just was pointing this out because I've been thinking about it for a while.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And if I refuse? ;/

A GAME IS AFOOT.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's impossible for the human mind to picture nothing. At first, people try to picture empty space, which is still something. Then 'a filled in' place, which is still something.

Nothing. Never will be, never has been. It's a scary concept, but one we don't have to worry about, because, afteral--you're there thinking about it.

Best answers
I was thinking the exact same thing just a minute ago ;/

If you try to think of it your mind starts wondering off to I wonder when this game will come out or what will I do tomorrow, is that what happens to everyone else?

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I pictured a world without anything then I wouldn't be able to picture there being nothing as I would no longer exist. Why would you wonder about there being nothing, if there was nothing than we wouldn't experience it as we'd be nothing too.

Best answers
Yeah, if there was nothing, then it wouldn't matter, because you wouldn' t exist to worry about it. Thinking about nothing results in about the same as thinking about Infinity. The human mind has limits, and neither of those are things that it can truly percieve, though it can understand the concept.

Best answers
As most people already mentioned if there was nothing then there is simply nothing, just us thinking about it denies its existence. It is a paradox in and of itself.

Ofcourse a paradox could never truly exist either...hmmm

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and seeing how universe has to be created :eek:

how did something come from nothing?

if you answer god?
where does god come from?

Best answers
let's just say, stop thinking about it... if you think about it too long your head will feel like its gonna explode... believe me, i know...
and if you want to explain what a god is... don't try... will end up in a text of 27 pages, if not more and conclude that you still can't find it, if you aren't too bright that is..
a bright person doesn't even start
now, what did we learn today?

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't imagine nothing. Everything is just a product of your brain. For instance, can you remember anything before you were in the womb? Of course not, death will be like that too. Once your brain dies, then you cease to think. YOU no longer exsist, but you don't care, you can't care, why? Because your brain isn't processing anything to care about. That is what nothing is.

Your brain can't comprehend nothing, because anything you imagine is something. So the only way to put nothing in to proper context is to relieze that the only way nothing would exsist is if you could shut off your brain. But if you did that, then you would have nothing, but you wouldn't know, because your brain isn't functioning.

Confusing? Very much so.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try to think how big the Universe is when people actually say that infinite big.
After awhile when you keep trying to think how big it could be your head hurts.

o_O

Best answers
Your head starts to hurt when you think about these stuff is because early on aliens abducted the very early forms of life on this planet and planted something inside of it that would limit us from realizing the truth. What is the truth? I dont know, my head hurts :p

Nah, but seriously, you never actually cease to exist. You never stop living. Your brain may shut off, but parts of you go into the land, some into worms, etc etc. Those worms become a bird's food. That bird may feed you to its offspring, in which case youll turn into bird doodoo, and help grow natural resources, and those will be used for what not etc etc etc....

Im actually surprised at how incredible the idea of religion is. Its just a terrific concept. How many times have you "went to God" because you were in a tight spot? Its a place to go too, a person to speak to, pretty much a way out. My theory is that before they thought up of religion, the world and humans were corrupted. Thus we thought up of religion, and then we got to what we have today. There is no religion, there is no some higher power, and there is no magical place we go to when we die. Theres nature, and thats that.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Soulicro said:
Your head starts to hurt when you think about these stuff is because early on aliens abducted the very early forms of life on this planet and planted something inside of it that would limit us from realizing the truth. What is the truth? I dont know, my head hurts :p

Nah, but seriously, you never actually cease to exist. You never stop living. Your brain may shut off, but parts of you go into the land, some into worms, etc etc. Those worms become a bird's food. That bird may feed you to its offspring, in which case youll turn into bird doodoo, and help grow natural resources, and those will be used for what not etc etc etc....

Im actually surprised at how incredible the idea of religion is. Its just a terrific concept. How many times have you "went to God" because you were in a tight spot? Its a place to go too, a person to speak to, pretty much a way out. My theory is that before they thought up of religion, the world and humans were corrupted. Thus we thought up of religion, and then we got to what we have today. There is no religion, there is no some higher power, and there is no magical place we go to when we die. Theres nature, and thats that.
Your physical body never ceases to exsist, that is because matter can't be created or destroyed (unless you bring anti-matter into the equation, but no one can sustain Anti-matter long enough, so it holds no bearing right now).

But your mind does cease to exsist. You aren't living, unless you can think. Just because my bones remain, doesn't mean I live on.

Once your brain shuts off, as far as you are concerned, you stop living. The only reason we are alive is because our brain tells our organs, and body what to do. Once you no longer have a functioning brain, everything stops (unless things are artificially still running, but essentially without a brain you are dead.)

Sound Artist
Best answers
"What is a state of nothingness? Knowing any reply will have to use words which then can be defined as 'something' we could go on endlessly about if a definition of nothingness exist then it must be something, not nothing.
However that is not the answer sought here. More so the question being asked is: as we exist in a state of existence, is it at all possible to understand what nonexistence would be? It seems unlikely because our definition for everything stems from a state of existence and for one to understand nonexistence, one would have to be nonexistent. However, if one were nonexistent there would be nothing to understand because it simply wouldn't be.
That understood, in a state of existence, one cannot understand nonexistence and in a state of nonexistence, there exists nothing to be understood."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Nothing. Never will be, never has been. It's a scary concept, but one we don't have to worry about, because, afteral--you're there thinking about it.
space is absolute nothing

Sound Artist
Best answers
There is no such thing as 'nothing'. Even 'nothing' is something, the only time, 'nothing' is actually 'nothing' is when you're not aware of this 'nothing'. Even then it's only a false belief, since it actually exists, you just don't know about it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, nothing is a word.. Which means it must exist.. And by that it breaks its own word.. I picture absolute nothing with darkness and no surroundings, but then again, that is something, and not nothing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FreeDoM said:
There is no such thing as 'nothing'. Even 'nothing' is something, the only time, 'nothing' is actually 'nothing' is when you're not aware of this 'nothing'. Even then it's only a false belief, since it actually exists, you just don't know about it.
just because u know of something and have a word for it doesnt change what it physically is

space is absolute nothing there is no air, no molecules, nothing

the word nothing has no impact what so ever on the state of space its still a whole lot of empty

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki is right, space is "nothing", nothing can live in it, space is just a place which doesnt...exist in a way...anyway, if there was "nothing" you wouldnt be thinking since you wouldnt exist either...and then these endless un-answerable questions

1. How did the universe get created (big bang, alot of heat because of some molecules...but what created those?)
2. What came first? Chicken or egg (without an egg, a chicken cannot be born, but without a chicken, there wont be any eggs)
3. What made life exist?
4. If there really is a god or something that created us, how come he has never shown himself to us?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom