Someone's hosting maps without permission

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's someone who is hosting my maps without my permission, same goes for taz00, this is the site http://esfcn.egamecn.com/dituxiazai.htm

Please remove my maps and taz00's, and it will not be a big deal, however, if i still see them being on that site next week, it will be a big deal.

Looking at the banners, i have a pretty good idea who's site it is, so don't think you can get away with it. :rolleyes:

Also, this person must have downloaded my maps from esf-world or esfstuff, since i included a readme that says, esf-world and esfstuff exclusive, meaning, you are not allowed to host it if your site is not called esf-world or esfstuff. :S

Best answers
Yeah this is true, i found the site cuz i was searching on my own name with google :p

This is a big deal, the guy who are hosting the maps didnt get permission from me either. This wont be looked upon very good...

GET OUR STUFF OFF THE SITE!

Retired
Best answers
damn japanes sites... i got a lot of problems for 3-4 months... they used direct links to the esf-w files... lol now they have their own space but no permission to host it ^^
are i see that are those guys who stole parts of our old esf-w layout and parts of the esforces.com layout...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
OMFG - THE NERV!

he actually thanks you for letting him dl stuff for his site! lol

Best answers
Oh Boy,i hate this whenever people crying out like a little child because such things.

Comon,why only share your Maps to 2 Webpages??

Is it such a baaaad thing that ya Work is shared worldwide so maaaaany people can see what good Mapper you are??

I agree with you that it is a big Deal when he download ya Map and rewrite the included Readme so other people think that this Map is done by him and not you.

But in this Case,he gave you Credits by let your respective Readme in Original State and twice let people know that this Map is work of ya.

Dude calm down,is it a broken Rule when i download ya Map and share it on my "My Shared Folder" in Kazaa??

Once other people dl it from Kazaa, the Map will be surely shared to hundred (maybe thousand) of people in the World,are you willing to go against all the people who have this File in the "My Shared Folder"-Folder from Kazaa?

I hope you understand what im talking about cause my English is not the best and needs alot of tweaking ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
man this guy even has some DMZ maps converted to esf and as i can see there are no credits.
and in fakt itt is a big deal it´s the same as when you do a model for only you and give it to only 1 person cause he likes it and it´s a edit of an model that frobidden to edit and your frined gives them out and then you get scolded

(damn hard explanation)

Best answers
I know what ya mean,but what im talkin about is when the Guy who got no permission even give Credits to the Modeler/Mapper/Skinner/whoever.

I told ya,if there no Credits of the Original Guy then its a big Deal and i agree with it,but with Original Credits its not that Problem,every time people Crying out load cause some other Site is hosting their Stuff but have Original Credits on it,damn it,in fact this people are think they are such great VIP´s with Super Hard doing Workfile blabla.

If i Upload my Files to ESF-World and another Site is hosting it without permission then i do not care about it,im happy so much people think my Files are good and using it though.

I looked up the Site Cold Steel is talking about and they give all Credits to them,so its just kiddy like crying with a meaningless reason (no permission to upload and share).

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
errrmm... there is that thing... when a file is dedicated to a hosting web page...
for that reason we cant see anymore RedSaiyan files on ESFSTUFF\ESF-WORLD
if its not dedicated then I guess it should be OK to host it somewhere else
but if it is! then its against the rules!

Best answers
Dedicated yeah,we see no more Files from it cause some people think they are (i told before) Great VIP´s blabla.

With Original Credits what is the Problem exactly?

I mean he should be happy that his Map can be found somewhere else so other people who dont know ESF-World but surely know this Site can dl them as well.

You know Online Console Magazines??

I work for one and i daily write News i obtain from Publisher who support my work.
When a other Site copy&paste my original News for their own Site and give Credits to where they have this News than its OK for me.

I mean i do not indicate a Site when they doing it,why should i do that??

But when a person copy&paste and give no Credits i maybe send them an E-Mail to give the Credits to my Site,i never crying out loud and posting new Threads so other people can read that Console Site www.blablabla.com stole some News from other Sites.

For people like Cold Steel and so:
Dont go angry cause of things like this,be happy anyway and let your work go on.
If ya want that no other Site Upload and Share ya work then better release nothing,you will never be able to find all the Sites that are hosting ya Stuffs,there surely so many you even dont know yet who hosting Stuff and not only yours.

I still hope anyone understand what i try to say.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so you have th eoppostie perspective f this cuz you basically do the same thing, however, how many of YOUR maps are on that page for you to say that they are wrong, making a file exclusive to one site, then someone taking it off that site to put it on another isnt a favor when it is requested to not do so,

if the author doesnt care then yeah its a favor, but if he does then its an insult to that person,

Best answers
I full Agree with this,but in my opinion its not really a big reason to cry.

What about send them a friendly E-Mail to delete the Stuff from their Site,but nooooo,just like Kid´s both People got very angry and open a whole Thread to tell other people what bad bad people had stolen their Map´s.

For me this Thread is done,apparent no one here will understand what im talking about.....to bad.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I'm going to close this because it is just becoming a flame war. Cold Steel I'll bring this up with the mods\admins and see what they say. ESF-World pays for their website space and then someone who has barely any just rips it off of them for free without permission, I'd say that's wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom