Some suggestions - Some swooping stuff

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I watched some episode in DBZ when they fight the Ginyu force and I saw something that could be easily implanted to Open Beta. (1.3)

The first fight vs recoome was vegeta. He did exactly what we do in turbo charge then he swooped exactly like swooping in 1.3 then he did a first hit basic melee style upwards (they start at ground so its exactly like ESF W0000T!!!)
then recoome flew upwards then he chain swooped again upwards and landed him down basic melee style!! (Swoop style NOT DASH!!) then he chain swooped again and did a basic melee hit again (W00000T for vegeta) about 1 meter from the ground in a forward direction to a big rock.

Yay, for you I found this part online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrXriQKjlrw

Sorry if my description isn't accurate

Its on the first couple minutes and it starts at about the first 20 seconds

goes like so:

1 @ O

1 = vegeta

@ = recoome

O = Big Rock

__________ = Ground line

then he did something that was similar to final flash just it was blue.

So I tried to do that 1 day in Open Beta and I found out after the first hit (if you swooping and not dashing) you can only dash and not chain swoop if you hit. So I think this should be added so you get a third hit without teleporting. This attack will be more powerful because its swooping and not dashing and means its faster: since theres something in physics that says blah blah blah mass of something gets more powerful while fast movement blah blah blah power. Means Something in movement increases mass which means more power and damage, as opposed to teleporting which is a standing body so less body mass --> less power --> less damage. this physics thing should be added anyway with no connection to the first suggestion.

But since its spam able I think I gots the cure!

Stamina cost of course - Swooping, first hit
Chain swooping - 250 Stamina cost - hitting
Chain swooping again - 350 Stamina cost - hitting

This way people wont spam it.

If you got corrections or additions say them, dont kill the idea just if something isn't right although its possible to fix.

Also since the physics thing (body mass blah blah blah) if someone uses basic melee (Person number 1) against someone else that is using either basic melee or advanced melee (Person number 2) and number 1 uses swoop while number 2 uses dash the number 1 person ONLY should get the hit UNLESS number 2 person is much much much much much more powerful. (powerlevel)

Same if someone is higher and someone else is down compared to the other guy then the one who is higher should have an advantage, this is basic and well known. Same on wars.

So for conclusion: Should be able to get a 3 hit from swoop chaining like in the episode because its different in damage but still got its catch and will give another role for stamina from the original DBZ world. (Stamina cost)
Giving that not only teleport is able to get a 3 hit.

Body mass physics should also get in the game cause its very basic and true.

Something to think about:

Isn't the Z fighters supposed to weigh a couple of millions of Kilograms, because they got 20 million more muscle mass than normal human.

Best answers
Well, I think this is a great feature, as it is explained in detail and I can get a general overview of what can be done. But what should also be considered is the stamina of all the different characters. They will need different amounts of stamina to do the chain. For example, Trunks would need less stamina as he doesn't have much speed to begin with. So basically, it has to be thought through carefully.

And what you are trying to talk about is momentum. Two things moving at the same speed but if one is larger it can cause more damage than the smaller object. Although, if the smaller object was moving faster than it, it would cause just as much damage as the large object.

As for what you were saying, millions of kilograms is really over exaggerating it. The smaller characters move faster than the more larger ones, Krillin for example. So basically, for him he would still cause almost the same amount of damage because he is faster.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
yeah right its called Momentum. It really should be implanted to the game.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In your interesting explanation you neglected one important factor.

"teleport" Is only called so in ESF. In DBZ its called Zanzoken and is a superfasst type movement. Its not an actuall teleport but a temporary super speed boost.

In any case the 2 hit limit will get removed and replaced with a difrent system. Wich will make you use teleport as a MUST if youll want to hit the target multiple times. Something similar to what 1.1 was like when you hit someone and you had to instantly teleport 3 times in order to hit him again or else you were to slow ^^

Not exacly like that but something in that direction.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
In your interesting explanation you neglected one important factor.

"teleport" Is only called so in ESF. In DBZ its called Zanzoken and is a superfast type movement. Its not an actuall teleport but a temporary super speed boost.

In any case the 2 hit limit will get removed and replaced with a difrent system. Wich will make you use teleport as a MUST if youll want to hit the target multiple times. Something similar to what 1.1 was like when you hit someone and you had to instantly teleport 3 times in order to hit him again or else you were to slow ^^

Not exacly like that but something in that direction.

Yeah I know that its just simpler xD

Speaking about it you should put an animation (or sprite or whatever) that replaces that fading character while Zanzokening and replace it with few lines like in the show and theres should be a 0.3 sec delay till u get to ur place.

And I dont got u fully with the new limit. You said you got to use Zanzoken to hit multiple times but its also the same right now so I didn't understand you.
Can you explain with more details?

And is it possible as an addition to the new basic melee system to add my idea. I see it as very DBZish and a fun and speedy way of a technique. (FINISHING SOMEONE LIKE THIS, YESSS!!!!)

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So let me try to understand. Deco sugested a swoop of 3 chain basic melee system and not dash 2 hit litmit.

But Grega said the 2 hit limit dash will get removed so we can make all the hits that our energy can porvide us. Is that it?

Well I personaly use swooping for when I am far away from the enemy and after that I just use dash BUT, I think Swooping could be used for a diferent kind of fighting than dash like deco suggested.

Lets say, with dash you can make basic melee and advanced melee "not made yet"
With swoopping you could make chained basic melee, 3 or more hits...but thats what deco is saying...oh forget about it, looks like I woke up with stupidity today.

Hey and I agree with those lines teleport skin but should not be to easy to make it look good.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually we are still not to sure if well even have 2 seperate systems for swoop. We may just decide to revert back to 1 swoop style.

That is not yet decided im afraid. We were going to wait till melee is ready and see how the swoop works before we made a decision on that though.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
So let me try to understand. Deco sugested a swoop of 3 chain basic melee system and not dash 2 hit litmit.

But Grega said the 2 hit limit dash will get removed so we can make all the hits that our energy can porvide us. Is that it?

Well I personaly use swooping for when I am far away from the enemy and after that I just use dash BUT, I think Swooping could be used for a diferent kind of fighting than dash like deco suggested.

Lets say, with dash you can make basic melee and advanced melee "not made yet"
With swoopping you could make chained basic melee, 3 or more hits...but thats what deco is saying...oh forget about it, looks like I woke up with stupidity today.

Not exactly. I didn't said replacing it, I said adding it, means - In addition of being able to dash and hit twice you can charge swoop and doing hit-chain swoop in a row 3 times in the cost of stamina. The ability to 2 hits with dash is another thing and should be stayed as it is. And I said that since we swoop and we more fast we should get more damage so damn thats different from dashing and different from getting the third hit by Zanzokening.

I look at turbo charging and swooping as a all go out powerup and since swooping is faster than dash then swooping and hitting should get more damage than just dashing AND a way to finish someone AND a "going all out" technique.

So you got 2 systems. First is with 2 hit limit which is with dash
and second is going all out and finishing the bastard with swooping

WATCH THE VIDEO GUYS AND YOU'LL GET THE WAY IM THINKING. NOTICE THAT VEGETA TRIED TO FINISH HIM ON THE START SO AS I SAID: GOING ALL OUT!!

heres the video again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrXriQKjlrw

And Grega tell you what - I think getting back to 1.2 system of swooping well isn't much. Like I know its simple and **** but its very not DBZish. In a fight they only dashed but when they needed to go all out in a fight like vegeta they charged them self up AND when they wanted to go from long place to some other place they also had to charge. in 1.2 is just "Hey, lets double tap and thats it". And man how the animations of swooping in 1.3 looks, amazing, so smooth. Tell the animator he should work for some company!

But thats me, I say keep it, it gives you the feeling of power and actually in a dbz fight. Notice that 1.2 dont remind us much of DBZ fights!

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually we are still not to sure if well even have 2 seperate systems for swoop. We may just decide to revert back to 1 swoop style.

That is not yet decided im afraid. We were going to wait till melee is ready and see how the swoop works before we made a decision on that though.
Nice, but I think the 2 separated systems are a good idea to get gameplay closer to dbz fights. I think the team while making these 2 diferent linear movements made the game better than ever. Problably the best idea ever. Just see:

Dashing makes the game play faster that it ever was. The fact of making small but sufucient movement while taking small amounts of energy makes a fight last much more, wich means less boring time charging.

Turbo Swooping is also indispensable in the game, with it i can get closer to the enemy with less time "wich means less boring" and the fact of charging all that energy, man that is pure dbz....

Not exactly. I didn't said replacing it, I said adding it, means - In addition of being able to dash and hit twice you can charge swoop and doing hit-chain swoop in a row 3 times in the cost of stamina. The ability to 2 hits with dash is another thing and should be stayed as it is. And I said that since we swoop and we more fast we should get more damage so damn thats different from dashing and different from getting the third hit by Zanzokening.

I look at turbo charging and swooping as a all go out powerup and since swooping is faster than dash then swooping and hitting should get more damage than just dashing AND a way to finish someone AND a "going all out" technique.

second is going all out and finishing the bastard with swooping

And Grega tell you what - I think getting back to 1.2 system of swooping well isn't much. Like I know its simple and **** but its very not DBZish. In a fight they only dashed but when they needed to go all out in a fight like vegeta they charged them self up AND when they wanted to go from long place to some other place they also had to charge. in 1.2 is just "Hey, lets double tap and thats it". And man how the animations of swooping in 1.3 looks, amazing, so smooth. Tell the animator he should work for some company!

But thats me, I say keep it, it gives you the feeling of power and actually in a dbz fight. Notice that 1.2 dont remind us much of DBZ fights!
OK got it now, isntead of replacing, just adding. Yeah don't forget the sweet animations, for booth swoop and dash, i don't think that should be a waste of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom