Some odd bug or something?

Best answers
Rite, installed esf 1.2 - played it - no complains :laff:

BUT, when I play a map like esf_city, battlearena, etc. - My game crashes? WTF!?
But this does not happen on just one server, it happens everywhere where one of these maps is played - so can anybody help me with this one?
And there is also more of these strange occurances - f.e. : when I play a map that works :) after some time, I get this message : client server bad and then im disconnected - is this a bug or just a problem with my computer?

Best answers
Right now, ESF is pretty unstable... My suggestion is, if you're running anything other than Windows XP, you should probably reboot after the game crashes.

ESF crashes all the time for me, especially when connecting to a new server, or if the server has only 1 slot left (for some strange reason). Sometimes I just can't join a certain server... but usually if I just go and try to join a different one, I'll eventually be able to play.

Hmm... I guess that doesn't help much, but maybe you can keep trying to join.

------
Nullzero

Best answers
This will probably be fixed right?
BTW, my operating system is Windows XP

Best answers
Yeah...I have this problem too when I join a server my game crashes sometimes. I also have windows xp. I don't think that ESF is unstable...Steam is.
You could try updating your Video Card driver. (I have ATI guess steam and ATI don't go together well)

Best answers
If you're running it in D3D or Softwear, it's bound to freeze and crash.

Best answers
BuShI said:
Yeah...I have this problem too when I join a server my game crashes sometimes. I also have windows xp. I don't think that ESF is unstable...Steam is.
You could try updating your Video Card driver. (I have ATI guess steam and ATI don't go together well)

I haven't had 1 error on any other game under steam in a year, yet ESF ive had errors many times. Im pretty sure its just ESF, not steam that you could call unstable. I guess maybe your system just can't handle it? Maybe steam just needs to state higher requirements.. But I have 16 Gigabytes of RAM and a 256 Meg agp video, im pretty good on system specs

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think ud need to do math again if u say u have 16 gb of ram unless u got liek 10+ ram slots in ur pc thats impossible (unless ur from the future)

and wow jinks that was off topic and spammy and flaming at the same time.. have a warning

Best answers
Whats your motherboard?
because most motherboards support up to 4 gigs of RAM

Best answers
Serverboard from computer show.. its designed to be used for a very large server (obviously). 16 Slots for RAM, 4 Slots for procs. The board itself is huge and requires a special case. Hibiki, at this current date, it is possible to have up to 32 Gigabytes of Ram installed, but only 24 gigabytes can be used at max, and if so, you are REQUIRED to use Windows 2000 Professional, that is, if you want to use more then 4 gigabytes of RAM. I assure you that although I won't say I am from the future or not, that I got the hardware from this present time. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom