Solid Snake - nextgen remake.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

examples of normal/diffuse/spec.

looking at it now, there's some rigging issues i need to address, but i'll get to that later.

tired now :(

Best answers
amazing work \o/
now go get some rest :p you've been working like crazy on this ^^

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WOw nice one, grats for that. Only cigarrete missing xD

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoa, that's pretty hot. D:

You gonna try to put that in Crysis, or something?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like one solid snake. . .

I'm sorry. If I knew how to model, I'd offer some crits, but looks awesome to a layperson like me

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wouldnt go so far as to say next gen, looks like it could be thrown right into a current source engine game, but who knows maybe im just spoiled on the unreal engine character models you see everywhere nowadays (gears2 /drools).

looks like solid snake sure enough though, i think you could tone down the eye bags however, I know snake was a heavy smoker but you got him looking like my grandfather =P.

looks very nice,

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah i've been getting a lot of the eyebags thing, so i've been working on the high poly to tone that down, i'll update shortly.

muff is working on a rig for him that'll include facial animations, so i'll be putting him into crysis shortly after that.

as for the next gen thing nuttzy, marmoset has a way of dumbing down certain maps to make things look smoother. unreal has a way of making things look ultra sharp, and i LOVE that. in fact the project muff, skiwan and i are working on will be using unreal engine 3. but i don't think it works too well for snake... that said, i'll throw him in there just to show you the difference (believe me, it's actually very noticeable).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That face looks spot on, good work.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The crotch bothers me...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As Gir pointed out earlier, i've been tinkering around with Vsyncs and facial rigging, since i had a whole bunch of ideas for efficient solutions but never had time to come up with one that'd function in most recent games.

Anyway, heres the 800-frame result of that rig test!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKUmRz31E_A

I know theres a bunch of issues with it, such as persona, lack of movement etc etc, just be mindful this was just to see if the rig would WORK, not so much to replicate snakes :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom