Sniper Wolf - Twin Snakes

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just went by my friends house so he could show me all the new scenes and
things added to the game (some of the voice actings and player interactions
looked lame around the beginning, for example the scene when Meryl shoots
all 3 of the soldiers that come around the second time, she screams even
when she stopped shooting <_<). Anyway, I only told him to cut to the scenes
where all four of the bosses die (Mantis, Wolf, Raven, Ninja).

And Sniper-Wolf has never been better, although she was way too easy. I
didn't feel like playing the game at the time, I already knew what to expect
anyway. And the Pentazem lasts longer too. Anyway, her good byes were
better than before, she'll always be my favorite MGS villian, What did every
one else think of the Final Scene?

Also *spoilers on Twin Snakes*-

THEY OVER-EXAGURATED IT. Snake busts out with back flips and fricken
karate ****, I mean come on, they made him seem so perfect, not once in
the FMV's with the boss fights did he get hurt. And if you compare the battle
with the Ninja and the Ninja's actual speed during an FMV, Snake would
have been TORN UP. The remake is more about looks, but man, I liked the
Sniper Wolf battle. She gets shot in the lungs, and Snake actually ends her
misrable life. (I also predicted that the Wolves would Howl after the scene
where the trigger went off).

I also remembered one of her lines, about war Screams and Gunfire being
like her lullabie or something. Sniper Wolf is the best villian in all MG/MGS! :p

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Erm... im not sure if you noticed but, SOLID SNAKE IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE GREATEST SOLDIER IN THE WORLD. I would expect him to do some crazy ass stuff. And erm... he got hurt plenty of times. Like when the tank shot him into the door. And when Liquid smacked him up at the end. And when he flipped in the jeep at the end. And besides its a damn game. Its supposed to resemble a movie as much as possible. Thats what the cutscenes are for. The stuff before them is for the fun. Im pretty sure i wouldnt be able to kick the ninja's ass if he went all crazy on my with a PS2 controller :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol. Yeah but come on, you saw the way he was able to pick up the PSG1 again? He busted some backflip (Olympic Style btw), Kicked it hard on the edge till it landed back on his hands, then proceeded to quickly aim and shoot Sniper Wolf one last time.

Also the reason why I find it wierd is because, its not Solid Snake's Style.
You can play Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid, then Metal Gear
Solid 2. And then expect snake to have like better reflexes, speed, and
reaction than the Ninja himself in the remake, Not even MGS3 looked like
that. Its kinda like a joke if you ask me.

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
And again i say, mgs is supposed to be like a movie. And in metal gear 2 he kicked gray fox's ass. He only got better with time, so i can see why he kicked the ninjas ass also.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Snake was a great soldier but he still had a "down to earth"-ishness to him. Obviously he could fight, but you don't expect him to pull tricked out Jet-Li esque crap like..well.. doing a backflip and then kicking a sniper rifle into his hands, that's almost absurd man. Just like he said, it's not his style to be overly acrobatic or anything, that's probobly more Raiden's thing...

And yeah, he beat Gray Fox. After that, he went into temporary retirement, training sled-dogs for the Iditerod (or whatever that race is called); not exactly awesome training, and anyhow, this isn't DBZ, I doubt he'd do much hand-to-hand training by himself anyhow.

Add to that the fact that Gray Fox is now decked out with cybernetic enhancements that let him leap across entire rooms and jump 30 feet into the air, as well as stop the massive metal foot of a god-knows-how-many-tons mech, right in it's tracks, who the hell are you betting on?!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My question though, is who really cares? It's a game, what do games do? Entertain. And I don't know about you, but crazy ass flips and unrealistic maneuvers are a lot more entertaining than a simple realistic fight.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Psht, well the point is it's just not Snake-like. He's a character, with an identity, and they should stick to that identity shouldn't they? The main "entertainment" point to MGS is the plot+characters, and seriously, if a character goes from gritty veteran elite soldier to Jackie Chan, it's just sorta stupid.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
in my opinion it looks exactly like something snake would do and something he SHOULD do

play mgs2 u see he does all sorts of crazy stuff in the fight with fortune and not only that

hideo made twin snakes and seeing as he is the guy who created metal gear i think he knows what his own characters should and should not be doing

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i thought liquid snake was the one with all the good genes, and solid was the lesser clone, (hinted at by the cigs, and also how liquid refused to die)

liquid was the "ultimate" one of the 2 if there was one, but i guess solid had more battle experience or sumthin, either that or they liked you playing as the underdog,

solidus on the other hand was a combiation of the 2 and more or less a perfect clone of big boss,

i think i have my information straight, its been a good while since i played any of the games, but these games have a tendancy to stick in your head, i could speak in my head word for word the entire speech from mgs1 and 2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki said:
in my opinion it looks exactly like something snake would do and something he SHOULD do

play mgs2 u see he does all sorts of crazy stuff in the fight with fortune and not only that

hideo made twin snakes and seeing as he is the guy who created metal gear i think he knows what his own characters should and should not be doing
Its always possible Hideo made a mistake, hese not perfect ya know, in a way, I kinda prefered the first MGS rather than the Remake, what I liked about the remake was more interaction and speaking between Solid Snake and the Villians. The Voice acting for most of the characters wasn't all that great either. I didn't like Meryl's voice, and I didn't like Psycho Mantis's Voice (with the mask), As well as a few other stuff.

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
All the voice acting was fine. The whole game pwned the original in everyway. Only thing the original had was teh VR missions. I still dont know why they took that out o-O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
suicidal_maniac said:
All the voice acting was fine. The whole game pwned the original in everyway. Only thing the original had was teh VR missions. I still dont know why they took that out o-O
You acctually liked the voice acting? Mei Ling spoke perfect english, she had
no accent like in the first.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki said:
You took the words straight out of my mouth. I think Snake looks great with all these moves, they should have implied more in the first place, and in sons of liberty.
Besides, its only a game, and these moves give it that much bigger rush of adrenaline and the "cool" factor. 10/10 if you were to ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom