Smoke from blasts

Best answers
well i was watching the brolly movie last night and noticed a lot of the time they blast there was some smoke around them. Well why not make it so if you shoot a huge blast at someone and where ever it explodes there could be some smoke around the area. And also when you use a lot of kiblobs it would give the game more realism after the blasts hit and explode. :shocked: :yes:

Best answers
Now for the obvious: Only if you can turn it off.
It would look nice, yes, but I'm not sure there is an fps-economic way to do that kind of stuff...

Best answers
there is dust around you when you power up on the ground, it probably wouldn't be much different then that. and i am pretty sure it is possible

Best answers
proberly look nice.. but if ya want a fps at 100 you'll have to turn it off anyway. i dont care if they do, i'll turn it off anyway...

Best answers
actually it wont be much of an impact FPS-wise,it's just rendering sprites

It can be proved by playing Natural-Selection,having just 8 turrets firing at the same time makes them all spew smoke,and add in the phasegate particle effects and such,there's barely any fps loss.The fps loss is only noticeable on lower-end vidcards.

And because NS is an HL mod,like ESF,it IS possible that it won't lag,provided you don't host a 32 player server (why should you??).
Don't criticize until you've seen it.

Back on-topic : Sure,but for those with really low-end vidcards,making it optional or tying it to BeamFX settings should sound good enough

Sam

Best answers
I'm definately for this, but only for some attacks. It'd just get plain annoying if the entire level was coated with smoke.

Watch some of the Kid Buu Saga episodes, when hit by the 'Ki Blast' attack (effectively what it is) the smoke seems to dissapate in a matter of 1 or 2 seconds, whereas when Goku's on the floor after getting shot by loads of Kid Buu's Ki Blasts (when he splits into thousands) there's loads of smoke lingering.

Maybe it should work like the Ki Blob, it can get bigger the more you shoot into the smoke?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the idea is ok, but it would cause lag woudlnt it? I mean, dusttrails cuase me to lose about 20 fps and this ispretty much the same thing so i would think it would decrease fps. Anyways, im only up for the idea if the team made it so that the dust came up on a certain type of terrain. It wouldnt look right if dust came up when you shoot a beam at a arena. I guess it doenst matter much really since i would turn it off most likly...

Best answers
And maybe a good idea if u blocked a blast aswel, that smoke is coming from ur arms/hands cuz a beam is as hot as lava.

Best answers
smoek'd be cool, the bigger the beam/projectile the more smoke u get :D

that'd be fun, its like AHHH!! help me i'm smoking, or something :D

regards

Best answers
Has been suggested before, (by me too) but they said it would lag too much..

And Rave, the dust that whirls around when powering up isn't a sprite right? Or is it?
Think sprites would look kinda ugly for that..

Best answers
the smoke'd also be good if it went like (top view)

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ smoke
O==========================O this is a kamehameha
///////////////////////////////////////// smoke

kind of like a back draft or whateva, like a half-pipe tunnel thingy with the beam in the middle

front view

\\O//

i dunno if u get what i mean, sorta like the swoop trail when ur close to water or land :D, if u don't get it oh well

regards

Best answers
Know whats freagin cool? the KHH combining with the music in the background at the beginning of movie 4

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would be a cool idea, but there should be a seperate graphic setting for that, becuase those smoke particles can easily lag up a game. Beams are fired often too, so i'm not sure if a decent comp could handle it, only high-end users could.

Best answers
Phatslugga said:
That would be a cool idea, but there should be a seperate graphic setting for that, becuase those smoke particles can easily lag up a game. Beams are fired often too, so i'm not sure if a decent comp could handle it, only high-end users could.
could always make it an option and u can turn it on and off

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, that's what i was saying. You know how you can currently set the graphics from 0-3, well make all of these suggestions that would only run smooth on high end computers in setting 4. It would be cool to see graphics like that, but i'll take waht i can get, ESF is stunning right now too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom