• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know how all beams are comtroled right? well how about making the small spirit bomb like that.

Being able to change the direction of the small spirit bomg is very possible, yamcha dd it and im sure goku did it sometime in dbz. The regular spirit bomg (the big one) shouldnt have this feature because its too big to move so quickly, as the small one does.

Maybe a control level of something around a fully charged generic beam.
Tell me what you think.

Best answers
... Uh... No. If they were going in that direction, they should make Frieza's kienzan as controllable as a generic beam aswell.

And, I'm pretty sure Goku didn't control it, otherwise he would have curved it to hit Vegeta, and if you remember (or even myself....), it was Gohan who repelled it via "removing all evil from his heart".

Best answers
what about a control level that is so slow,sorta like the Frieza Disc is now

But still,the Small SB still hurts bad headon,and this could unbalance it a bit more

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont like that idea, the attack is fine as it is. If you could control it, then it would be too unbalanced, its pretty powerful and doesnt need to be controlled.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin Prince said:
Being able to change the direction of the small spirit bomg is very possible, yamcha dd it and im sure goku did it sometime in dbz. The regular spirit bomg (the big one) shouldnt have this feature because its too big to move so quickly, as the small one does.
Yamcha doesn't know how to do the Spirit Bomb attack you see in the game. I know Yamcha SAYS Spirit Bomb while doing some kind of attack in the series, but this was because of false translation, if I remember correctly.

As for the controlling bit... I think this would make the attack too powerful. And I haven't seen Goku do this in the series, actually :scared:

Best answers
no.. just.. no. Goku already has alot of advantages over the other players.. he doesn't need a homing SB

Orz

Best answers
I think Yamcha's homing orb was named "Genki Dama", and this got confused with the Spirit Bomb later on...

Best answers
no they both use the spirit bomb except yamcha draws the nergy from jsut himself and guku takes it from everything

Best answers
well i wouldnt trust that...

jsut some guy who thinks he knows it all

Best answers
He pretty much does. He translated it from official books.

Unless you've read the DBZ Daizenshyu 7, 8, 9, and all the other Daizenshyu's (or even know what one is), I suggest you not think he's "just some guy who thinks he knows everything." And he doesn't know everything, if you read on through, you'll notice he admits to not knowing them.

Orz

Best answers
I knew it was something along those lines, but I had it in reverse. Yamcha's attack is the 'Spirit Bomb', and Goku's is the Geki Dama, which was mistranslated as Spirit Bomb which is actually the translation of Yamcha's earlier attack. So they both have Spirit Bomb except they don't, because Yamcha has the Spirit Bomb but not the Spirit Bomb that we think is the Spirit Bomb because that's the one that Goku has which isn't really the Spirit Bomb.

I think.

Best answers
Bravo, bravo. You've been successful in making a very needed redundant comment.

"FUNimation screw up"
Nuff said.

That and, "never ever ever try to understand anime, just accept it"

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, I will explain this.

In the true, Japanese version, there are the following attacks.

Goku- "Genkai dama." In the english version, it is known as 'SpiritBomb.'

Yamucha-"SpiritBomb," yes, in the Japanese version(manga), it is called SpiritBomb. He says, "Spirituu Bomumb!" It is a controllable energy sphere. In the English anime's version, they also call this 'SpiritBomb,' by a mistake.

So, let's sum up.
Goku- English=Spiritbomb, Japanese=Genkai dama.

Yamucha-English=Spiritbomb, Japanese=Spiritbomb

In conclusion..
Funimation made a mistake by renaming Genkai Dama, with an attack that already existed.

When Yamucha uses the 'Spiritbomb' technique in the Room of Spirit and Time (Pendulum Room), it is not the same attack as Genkai dama.

Sorry for all the elaboration, but just trying to make people understand.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
kinda bad idea. m-spirit bom is kinda strong if you load it to 100%

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Goku's spiritbomb attacks shouldn't be dependant on his powerlevel, but on the average powerlevel of his teammates.

Afterall, Goku himself isn't supplying the energy to the spiritbomb, so why should his powerlevel make a difference in it's strength?

My suggestion that the average powerlevel of your team power the spiritbomb, is from the Buu saga, when Mystic Gohan, Trunks, Goten, and Piccolo all give Goku's genkai dama energy.

Best answers
I think they had the Namek Spirit Bomb in mind when they decided how the energy of it would work. It's true, the ball is comprised of everyone's energy, but Goku's strength in hurling it is where the true power lies. We see this versus Frieza, where Goku simply can't kill him. Also versus Buu, where even though everyone put their energy into it, Goku wasn't strong enough to push it. How strong Goku is should make the most difference, since he doesn't NEED people's energy to make one. He can draw it from nature.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the Namekian Spiritbomb, the problem wasn't that Goku couldn't throw it hard enough.. If he had thrown it too hard, it would've drilled through the planet, Furiza being there or not, and done the same thing as Furiza's "death ball."

The only instance of the spiritbomb not being hurled strongly enough is versus Kidbuu.

Goku does need people's energy--the energy from all the plants and animals on Earth still wasn't enough to kill KidBuu, and all the energy from the plants and animals on Namek wasn't enough, either-he had to draw energy from surrounding planets near Namek, if you watch it again.

The energy of people wasn't necessary to fight someone like Vejita, but it is when fighting a truly strong opponent like Furiza, Cell, or Buu.

Best answers
I was trying to avoid this. It doesn't matter what the show points to. It comes down to balance. If you made the bomb strength based on the average power level of the team, you'd be decreasing its power. I play enough to know that an average server team is comprised of one or two good players and a bunch of newbs with 0-30 scores, if not JUST one or two people. Would you let the average power of the bomb be that of a 800,000 PL Goku? Are you aware of how small the explosion would be? It would look more like a gallic gun than a spirit bomb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom