size of esf 1.2b

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you shouldnt say that about people with 56k. i know a person with 56k and when he played he was incredible for the ping he had. he had roughly 180-210 and he was very good. if he had cable he would pwn everyone. but my point being. its not their fault they dont have high speed

Best answers
oke i agree.. it`s not there fault but you must agree that a ping arround the 200 is cousing LAG to the esf server... atleast in my experience..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes you are right, i agree in that department. But 1.2 is not so much ping based as apposed to 1.1, so it will be easier on 56k users. and yourslef aswell

Best answers
I would use .rar to compress the file, best compression you can get.

Or find an installer to make it compress into an .exe

Best answers
yea well i dont care how big it is im still downloading it no matter what ^^, but if it was 1 gig i dont think i will :p, but i no it wont but anyways esf 1.2 is da best mod out i cant wait. If u guys get esf 1.2 packaged, in the zip and stuff, + sent to the hosters will u guys release before or wat?

Best answers
goku_ssj_uk said:
I would use .rar to compress the file, best compression you can get.
Geez, i hope not cuz myt university internet won't allow .rar file downloads so i know i'd screwed. IMO a *.zip or installer would probably suite the majority of people.

Best answers
i bet it`s bonna be an installer file (.exe) but maybe repacked in a .rar to save 1 or 2 mb`s :p

but you can count on it that the beta 1.2 installetion will be a .exe file. and not a SFX rar file :p

i practicly know this for sure and no i`m not in the esf team :p

Best answers
I dont care how big it is, I have an adsl 1.5mbit (not showing off or anything) but even if I would have 56k I wouldeve downloaded it!
IT WILL BE AWESOME

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well there is going 2 b some beta 1.1 > beta 1.2 patch is it correct o_o
cuz it will take me some good 2 days too dl the full version!?

pls answer my question:(

Best answers
There isnt going to be any patch for 1.1 > 1.2 as far as I gathered anyway since its pretty much a new version.

Best answers
thats not going to be at all good for 56kb (like my self) If they have lots of mirrors up ill be ok and happy.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well im not quite sure what it was for 1.0 and 1.1 but dont you think they would make it the same as they did before. i say make it a *.zip so we can save it to our computers and we wont have to continously download it when things go wrong, and then extract it when we need it.

Best answers
well im kinda saying that it is going to be hard for everyone to download if you can only donwload the full 1.2 and not a patch of 1.2 or will there be?

nvm about that i see dendza already asked that

Best answers
Meh, i think there also should be a bittorent download, if alot of people are downloading from there then normally the download speed rises ALOT

Oh yeah, some people should still recognise me, i was away waiting for 1.2 but im back for some time now :]

Best answers
i never used bittorrent before but by what everyone else is saying i guess it is good so i hope they do set one up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom