size of esf 1.2b

Best answers
what size on MB .. is going to be the full instaler for steam?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i hear its over 300mb or over 200mb something like that

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i belive someone said round 300MB (not to shure though)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not sure yet
but it's gonna be huge compared to other mods
I guess it will be a good 200-250 MB file

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I probably have some extra stuff in mine, but it's 291 MB zipped with high detail textures for 2 maps, 247 MB zipped without the high detail textures...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what do you mean high detail textures. do we have a choice saying which one we want "high detail" "low detail"? 291 is a lot of mega bytes. oh wait you said for maps... im still confused though.

PS-( i realize through out the forum im asking a lot of questions. sorry im just anxious)

Best answers
will there be an update version (1.1 to 1.2) and if yes how big will this be?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because almost everything changed again, there won't be an update last I checked because it'd be all but like 10 megs. So I'm pretty sure there will only be the full 300 ought MB package.

-Karrde-

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think we might make the high quality textures a seperate download, saying how rediculously large they are...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ahhh thank you. that is nice on my part. my computer isnt the best. so if this is only for the maps right? cuz i mean i dont want to look at blurry fists of fury i want to see flying fists of fury :p

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Only for the maps. The high quality feature is open gl only and makes the map textures a lot more crisp and clean.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ohhhhh so will the maps look like they do now... like hmm how do i explain this... ok say your in a map and you look far out. it looks all fuzzy sorta. then you get near it and it gets sharper.. is that still there. (it doesnt do that on software mode, and in 1.1 it does in opengl)

Best answers
You should also put the other sounds in with the high quality textures...make it smaller for those with 56k.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
whoa the high quality is awsome. it will kill my fps tho. ill stick with the regular. but DJ-ready does a nice job on his maps... but they look different some how... like if he were to make the map on 1.1 it wouldnt look so..... smooth i guess. his maps are smooth in the pics. what is this? i remember him talking about with 24 bit and with out. i didnt see a difference.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's what he was talking about chris...
goku_ssj_uk: I believe the jap pack will be a seperate download.

Sound Artist
Best answers
It'll probably be smaller in size than a .zip, being compressed with the installer it's probably more like 150mb. Depending on how good the compression is.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh, with Beta 1.1 if i try to install it with the Mp3 player i get an error it still dles but i can only hear one song... is that fixed in 1.2? and is it compressed? lol i would assume those of you who play it would know you had to install it right?

Best answers
i really like the high detail maps :) o yea bring it on :p

and for the one that said something with 56k models.. i think those people shouldn`t play esf.. you are just slowing it down :p

For the pack.. esf 1.1 is when it is extracted it`s about 144 MB and the installer is 108 MB so lets say that the esf beta 1.2 extracted is about 300 MB than the installer will be about 200 MB... if my calculations are right :p

AND.. i can`t wait for esf 1.2 :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom