Simple Render Thread.

which?

• Dragonball Z Budokai

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • Socom: U.S. Navy Seals

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
Best answers
I don't know Booler, the model and cellshading looks awesome. But his face looks a bit weird. To be specific, his eyes. I think the skin would look a lot better, if you would get rid of the black lines around and above the eyes. Leaving just the eyes themselves.

ye i know when i make a new skinmap i will change it... the skinmap now doesnt work so well with the cell shading i made ^^"

Best answers
Booler awesome stuff there :))
here's some skinning i made..
http://i19.tinypic.com/642009y.png
Not bad at all, but I have a few suggestions.

The skintone is too pale, adding some more colour variation like browns, yellows would liven up the texture a lot.
The placement of folds is a bit awkward. I find that the most trouble skinning folds is to actually place them where they look natural. For example, at the bottom of the pants where it tucks into gohan's shoes, you have highlights, which doesn't make much sense. I find it helpful to actually just make some sketches on a render of your model with just colours of the folds, and texture it to that way. It helps makes the folds look much more nicer and "realistic?". One other thing is the use of hard edges and soft edges. Sharp folds have hard edges, like the ones that tuck into the belt. The folds that just kind of flow with gravity should be smoothed out a little :)

Anyway, looking forward to more work from you :)

Best answers
hey post progress of Allen from D.Gray-man i want to see the model very bad :cry:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't remember the last time I posted anything here, but I've got some stuff to post this time today.

These two characters are ones I made for fun using the same base-body model I'm using for the 3D/Flash project I'm heading. Basically, we aim to turn the fan-comic of the Internet artist Vinz Ngo (aka "Bleedman") the "Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi" (don't laugh, this aint kid stuff) into an animated Flash series using cell shaded 3D models.

These two characters aren't actually in the series however, they are fan-characters created by Bleedman's editor and my now close friend Griddles (real name: Matt Gridley). They're from a kickass fanfic series he's been writing. He's 17, and I swear he's the most talented writer I've ever seen. His fanfic thus far stretches to a length greater than the largest Harry Potter book, and its' all brilliance. The man's made me cry, not afraid in the least to kill a character if it benefits the plot. No TV series or novel series has ever hit me with feelings as strong as he has.

But anyway, onto the models:

"Barasia"

Height: 3'6''

Color: Black

Weaponry:

self-replicating detonators

5 extendable "atom-sharp" Nailblades on her left hand

Nullify Blaster (shown in image; smaller version of the weapon of choice used by cyborg race called the "Daleks". Fries the victim's nervous system from the inside out.

Anti-X Gun (for reverting beings containing or consructed through chemical x to their atomic structure. Normally means instant death)

Optical laser blasts

Ebony Blazer (beam weapon)

high-intensity molecular destabiliser blasts (disintigrates matter; fired from eyes)

arm-mounted railguns

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is Griddles' unique and most famous character, Barasia. She is his fanfic's antagonist, a gynoid (female android) originally created to be both a daughter to PPGD's main villain Doctor X, and to destroy the PPGs with her superior abilities. However, her initial activation lasted for a second and a half, as faulty wiring burned her circuitry and killed her upon receiving electrical energy through her body. She barely had a chance to show horrid hellish agony on her face before slumping back into deactivation. She was set aside by X who could see no way of repairing her. However, her life was not over. Members of the Darkstar Council, an elite section of the robotic empire known as the Cluster found her internally ruined body and rebuilt Barasia from the inside out, fashioning her with weaponry and power that dwarfed what she would have been before. She was intended to be the perfect soldier, but Barasia turned on them at the first opportunity, meanwhile taking revenge on the father she believed had discarded her, and attempted to kill the gynoid intended to replace her, Bell. She ultimately wants to sway Bell to her side, but will kill her if she sees no alternative. She sees humanity as a weakness, and furthermore despises them for treating artificial lifeforms like herself as tools or pets, and not as living sentient beings. She will stop at nothing to erase all life on Earth and take personal control of the galaxy. However, though her mind is twisted and her manner ruthless, she is revealed later to have very human feelings, though she does not want them. She feels to be alone is worst than to be dead, and it is shown that she desires companionship by how she constructed three androids similar to her to assist her, labeled the "Cybernetic Ruffians" (aka, "Cyberruffs"), Two of which were destroyed in their first real mission, the last survivor "Bulldog", who actually formed a romantic relationship with Barasia for some time before he was destroyed when hit by friendly fire from an eyelaser by Barasia's acquired mechanical pet "Gigan". This particular loss inspired the most emotion Barasia has ever expressed in absolute grief, having cared for him more than anything she had cared about before. She is described after this as seeming empty, devoid of a glint of life her eyes once posessed. While the author has made it quite clear that she will not switch over to the right side, she is by all means an extremely deep, three dimensional villainess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Breannin"

Height: 3'3''

Color: Navy Blue

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Breannin is quite likely my personal favorite character, if only because I've come to love her like a little sister. She was Doctor X's latest design, a class 23 Automated Sentient Machine, as opposed to Barasia and Bell, who are class 22. She was created by Bell, who followed X's designs, desiring another to share life with after Barasia killed her father and destroyed nearly everything she held dear to her in Barasia's first attack. Not created with Doctor X's expertise, Breannin began her life with some flaws. Most notably, the fact that her faulty emotion chip left her as an unfeeling shell of a person through the entire first arc of the series, known as "Lifelines". It is not until a fight with the Cyberruff "Bleak", who she defeated, that the chip finally became 100% functional upon hearing word that nearly everyone who had taken part in the battle had been killed by Barasia. Nearly all of this is reversed later when their father Dr. X, returned to life in his human form, fuses his body with a time/space travel vehicle called the "Tardis" and rearranged events in time, the act ultimately destroying his body.
It is after this that Breannin assumes a new life with the Powerpuffs, believing Bell to be dead and therefore having no where else to go or belong. She enters a period of depression that might have ended in her own personal request to be dismantled if she had not hapenned upon a young sentient Heartless named Jazzal, who for the rest of her days she found love with. However, once she discovers that Bell survived the encounter with Barasia widely believed to have been her destruction, her life takes a much happier turn. Breannin is an extremely selfless and innocent person, and while being small (she has the body of a 5-year-old while the others are 7) has the extreme intelligience granted to her from having a multi-exabyte positronic brain. However, an unforgetable day during a picnic changes everything. Having learned of Bell's survival, Barasia had instantly confronted them in rage. However, Breannin, who due to her size and nature was believed to be relatively weak, challenged her to protect her loved ones. It is revealed in this fight that being a later design, Breannin is physically superior to Barasia in every way. However, she is too good hearted to kill her older twisted sister. Instead she attempted to reason with her, eventually attacking the very reason Barasia was who she was in the first place, by telling her their father had actually loved her. All this accomplished however, was to bring Barasia into into indescriminate fury. Unable to defeat her by show of force, Barasia switched to her weapons. Breannin was struck 7 times by her Nullify Blaster, which did not kill her, but burned much of her inner circuitry and caused her a great deal of pain. During an attempt to lift herself off the ground, Barasia blows her left hand off with an eye-blast. The two still exchanged words, until Barasia's fury swelled again, and struck her in the stomach with a blast from her railgun, which hit the base of her nervous system and paralyzed her legs. Completely at her sister's mercy, Barasia takes the opportunity to plant one of her detonators in her newly exposed chest cavity and throws her into the air, where her life ends in a horrid explosion which litters the ground in blackened, unrecognizeable parts. The only intact bit of her as of the current chapter is the hand that was blown off. By all means, it is the story's most emotionally powerful moment, and it's brought me to tears. It has also brought open controversy to whether or not machines such as them could ever possess a soul, something which the author for the reason that it is important to the story, has not expressed his opinion about. Truly I have never experienced a story or movie of any form which can provoke feelings so well, would ever make a mere character feel so dear to the reader. Personally, I would not have been as emotionally uprooted or sadenned if JK Rowling killed Harry Potter.

But anyway, do enjoy!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
A wip of a model I was doing based off of a piece by David Skiwan.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
If I get a chance after the compo I'm gonna go back and finish her off as well as her bankai, yea, should make for a nice final render :p.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HOWL, ZABIMARU!

Model by some izuka dude.
Skin by MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's a sweet model clipse. For a second I thought it was the 3rd squad captain (the one that replaced Yoruichi, I think that's 3rd squad), but it's a lot cooler that it's original.

That's a sweet Zabimaru.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom