Simple Render Thread.

which?

• Dragonball Z Budokai

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • Socom: U.S. Navy Seals

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
Best answers
You're getting there. I'm sure that the hands are still WIP so I wont comment on those.
The mouth needs a little tweaking IMO. You can see his teeth. And the muscles on his eyebrows. I thinks its the texture thats making it look like this. But really, that makes him look llike an ape. That look is for Supersaiyan 3s. Not Gohan. And The Shirt. The texture is just a gradient. Did you paint that by hand or make it through photoshop?
Its a good model. But improve the textures.
I think Friskie is quite well aware of these things :p Obviously he modeled an inside mouth so that it can be animated, and he may have left the mouth hanging slightly open for this purpose. He skinned the muscles on the eyebrows, that's why they're there, not because of some "error". You may be right in saying that they may be too defined though. The shirt isn't skinned or uvmapped yet, so just wait patiently.

A few critz of my own, the neck seems to have a less-pink skin tone than other areas of the model, you may want to check up on that. I think his eyes are too gray, and just a solid black with really hard white highlights will do better. Other than that, it's looking solid so far.

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Thanx reck for explaning everything for vinay xD
here's some progress
btw tried to fix the neck "pinkness" problem

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

still blocking out everything else, was using this as a referance:

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
nice dude , try to reduce the nose abit.. looks too big =\ then fix the eyez cuz she looks too sad (the eyebrown part) and i think the lips are a little too low, anywayz nice work man keep it up
btw here's some progress from me

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Friskie, your model is very good, but i don't get why people skinning DBZ chars insist on making those eyebrow muscles. They look horrible on all eyebrow wearing chars.

Best answers
Heres my latest model, nothing fancy just made it to help with my anatomy studies based on the 8 head formula.

No refs/pics used at all and im aware of missing details and blocked out parts, its alot quicker to draw them then it is to model them -_-

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

someone on a different forum asked for this...

Trowa, if you're modeling a skeleton, use refs !_!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

someone on a different forum asked for this...

Trowa, if you're modeling a skeleton, use refs !_!
Jaina Solo. Yes ^^

I'm loving the front of the face, but the head is really, really long though. The planes for the hair are also pretty uniform, though I'm guessing you'd change em up later anyway

Best answers
Looks good Onslaught its not often you see the eyes done well, the nose looks a little basic from the front tho and would look alot better with more definition around the nostrils.
and the point of the skeleton was to test my knowledge of anatomy, no point using refs when thats its only purpose

Best answers
the model is good just ask for crits from more experienced modelers
and do a model that isnt done ;) :p

Best answers
My first post in over a year.

I'm using it for a school project, hence the /care on the polycount.

edit: noticed I accidently moved a vertex deep in his face near the ear area, its fixed, too lazy to post new pics however =P ~ for the nitpickers

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Glad you said it...

From that ref you posted, her face is a lot more full than that, you kinda made her face too skinny, she looks really old or dead. I would say, just plump up her face a bit, define the features more, like the lips, they dont look plump or defined at all. Also, the eyes look way too flat, the eyeball should keep its round impression and push the skin out abit around the socket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom