• Socom: U.S. Navy Seals

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you should be to.
That is pretty good, his body is a little bit too big though

Best answers
yeah friskie, that looks good, just those renders are crapy in quality, i assume you use MS3d?

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It has nothing to do with Milkshape, I use it and my renders dont look messy.

Nice work Friskie but what about your Goku? ;p

Best answers
it is conected with milkshape couse, if he would use max, he could avoid the prob easier. and tbh i dont care what u use

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you missed his point entirely,

you blamed the crappy renders on milkshape.

he told you he used milkshape for his renders, and that his weren't "crappy",
in other words, he told you you were wrong,

what you are blaming on milkshape is simply bad image compression.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
his body/pants look way to baggy.. that shape looks familiar though.. You using Davidskiwan's end-DBZ/Pre-GT Goku?

oh and about the "renders"
he is probably just taking screengrabs like i took with Ryu up there.. either that or he is saving the images in a lower quality.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it is conected with milkshape couse, if he would use max, he could avoid the prob easier. and tbh i dont care what u use
What the has gotten into you man?
Do you hold a grudge against me or something?...it's not the first time you act like that out of no where...

My point was exactly what Nuttzy said, no use in blaming Milkshape for bad quality renders cause I can prove you wrong any day.
Milkshape doesnt even have a rendering system, it's just a viewport grab, and in MS it can look damn good for one.

Friskie, the pants from the front view are almost shapeless, dont add folds but add some shape to it...and the chest looks a bit messy.

Best answers
Atleast Ms3d gives a realistic depiction of what a model actually looks like, I'd prefer that any day than an ugly model, that has a poor skin with a bunch of shaders slapped on it.

Half the renders people put out using 3dsm are rubbish anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bull****e my friend i havent seen any renders in this forum using allot of shaders n stuff to crank it up you know why ? if your good enough you do not need shadders and hell why cant we use the 3dsmax shaders n stuff heck ive been using it for years and havnt cared for the so called rendering shadders never even looked into it :p
well anyway had 3 free hours at school so i decided to create a teen gohan model ^^
c&c please

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
here is a question.. who stole your polyflow?
That thing has almost no flow!

Best answers
Its not as bad as you say.

I sincerely doubt your early models were shining examples of efficient poly usage and good flow.

INTRODUCING A NEW WORD TO THE ESF MODELLING VOCABULARY:

ELITISM

I think certain people need to remember what it was like when they had just began to model, instead of just throwing certain terms around without really being helpfull at all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ehm.. well the thing is, I have
SEEN
much better models from this artist.
He knows i'm not trying to offend him but rather, trying to push him back into getting his flow back.
and bout that ELITISM..
well.. That kinda hurts ;_;.. I geuss this is what you were fearing SV?
I do NOT claim to have:
- a great polyflow
- great models
- great skill
- superiosity

and whatever else image has been created by my pushing behaviour.
It's just that the skill in these forums are decreasing as there are less modelers around that act as "jerks" in the common eye.. but in the long run, its these "jerks" you should thank.

If i keep pushing you around and say, you are worthlesss, you will never model ****.. It'll most likely infuriate you and you will try to kick my ass by proving me wrong, voila.

Best answers
I never brought your modelling skills into my argument, because I happen to like your stuff.

My point was you were just comming off as a little arrogant, even though you didnt intend to do so.

As for your theory on "encouragement" I couldnt disagree more, very few people interpret things like that, especially on the internet where its often hard to understand where a person is comming from.

The "Jerk" mentality in a creative situation like this only serves to discourage people from putting their stuff out there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dunno what the heck you are all talking, rofl. Dont even bother myself to read it.

Anyway, Friskie, nice stuff, though his arms seem to go up abit , lol maybe fix that.

Zeldalink, i may agree about the polyflow/style part, doesnt look really nice.
though you could polish up abit.
I would care more about the Polyusage then on the Polyflow for now.

Shady, rofl, leave this piece out xD "polyflow" forget bout that, we describe it now as nice or ugly lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never brought your modelling skills into my argument, because I happen to like your stuff.
Thank you.

My point was you were just comming off as a little arrogant, even though you didnt intend to do so.
None intended but yea... its the internet you cant hear the tone of my voice.

As for your theory on "encouragement" I couldnt disagree more, very few people interpret things like that, especially on the internet where its often hard to understand where a person is comming from.
Basicly, not replying or telling him its good in its current state is plain wrong.
I admit I might be a bit harsh at times, but oh well. I'll restrain from replying unless i know that person can take a hit. In this case Zeldalink, i know he can take a harsh comment.. the guy was hanging out with Dendza "The Ruthless".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom