• Dragonball Z Budokai

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • Socom: U.S. Navy Seals

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not bad, but it needs some tweaking.

The arms are too short and the hands too small.

Overall, he looks kind of like a kid, as far as proportions go.

His face doesn't look much like Goku either - rather, a much younger version of him, sort of.

Best answers
Id pull different for the face. It's Goku, but the expression needs more work. Other then that being on the good side the proportions reaalllly need work. Just take a look at a human photo if need be and move verts until you get something at least similiar ( doesnt have to be completely spot on )

Best answers
It's a bad matchup. Check out the torso side and how long the biped goes down and how long the forearm stretches. The hands may be a little bigger in the model that you're using a ref but that's only for gaming purposes and it's not completely out of proportion. I suggest retrying to match up the proportions proprely. The forearm should reach halfway between the knee and belt.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
excellent body, face isn't gohan though

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phonso, you got a nice Gohan right there =D but like Shady said, something in his face isnt Gohan like.

The rest is done really good man! and I had no idea you can texture like this =D nice work! I'll try to make a drawover for the face right now.

Nataku, It's nice and all but the proportions are messed up =/ why not follow an original Goku reference?

I'll try to make a drawover for you too lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks, but if memory serves me correct, arent i unable to make changes to the geometry once it is rigged?

as for the texture, i just spent many hours and learned a lot while making it ^^ I had no idea i could do it either lol

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I'll hand it to you =D great job on the texture!

And yeah once the mesh is rigged, changing it will cause problems, but since we're talking about the head here which isnt really a problem to rig I dont think it'll be a problem =]

Here's a drawover for the face, hope I did it right but it should be something like this

And for you Nataku, a drawover for Goku's proportions

Best answers
Super Veggeto said:
Well, I'll hand it to you =D great job on the texture!

And yeah once the mesh is rigged, changing it will cause problems, but since we're talking about the head here which isnt really a problem to rig I dont think it'll be a problem =]

Here's a drawover for the face, hope I did it right but it should be something like this

And for you Nataku, a drawover for Goku's proportions
thank you SV : ] will change the proportions right away, : ] and do you use a tablet for the dravovers :O? and can you make a dravover for the face skin ? thnx

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No prob, I use my tablet to all sorts of graphic work, including drawing, sketching, texturing/painting and drawovers =]

Best answers
nice, i had a tablet once but i had to retrive it. it was broken or something
and could you plz gimme some tips on the face ? i realy wanna make it diferent but cant quite fell how to change it : / oh and how big maps do you use for texturing your dbz chars? 512x512? eint that too small?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well if its cell-shaded 256 can do the job, Pixel work ftw!
but its detailed i use 512, rarely 1024 with higherquality models

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
512 is fine for me, easy to work with.
But do what you feel comfortable with =]

I'll try to do a drawover for you on the face, I'll do that tomorrow I think, sleepy...='O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey noob, last i recall you cant post nipple content here..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there is no nipple D: shes wearing skintight clothing f00l

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom