Simple Render Thread.

which?

• Dragonball Z Budokai

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • Socom: U.S. Navy Seals

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
Best answers
Danny,i love the detail in your models.Maybe you should practice some character models more cause i'v seen that there quitte some differenc between your static models and you character models.nevertheless,i liked your soldier model.

Best answers
movento said:
Danny,i love the detail in your models.Maybe you should practice some character models more cause i'v seen that there quitte some differenc between your static models and you character models.nevertheless,i liked your soldier model.
Yeah I do mate and im trying to balance it all out so im still working on mods as a weapon modeler and doing my own characters.

Im still working on my Para model and my knight model, but it'll take time for me to understand human modeling at all lol.

ShadyD, I used to love them games :D Although some parts I hated as the games were damn hard lol Im really unhappy with them making the next one a FPS though >.<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol i never found the commandos games to be hard, i was the silent killer guy and when i was annoyed i just ran off with green baret luring them into my snipers range and my bombers mines :p, and yeah cant believe they're gonna make a FPS out of it :-s. it just wont be the same strategy it used to be :(
errr going off-topic..

Best answers
Yes we are but I agree it won't be the same =/ Think I might try and find my old games of that though, been awhile.

Shady give me a shout on msn and we'll keep going with the commando talk lol.

Best answers
I think that no one can complete the game without cheat.
Maybe not unlimited life, but maybe unlimited armo, ammo, medicin.
Because you can't kill all the enemy with a number of ammo, armo or medicin

Best answers
Ok heres the M16A1 done, but at 4k >.< mod boss said I can take 500 off and it'll be fine mind XD.

I'll skin the rest of the detail on best I can.

Bolteh2

B
No offense dannylad, but I once made an m16a1 (also for a nam mod for hl2, but I think they're kinda dead now (CiN)) and it had far more detail than yours, I even did the creases in the clip, flash-hider barrel top and a fully detailed iron sight.. I had it capped at 2800 polies, including bullet and clip.. Where the hell are all your polies? o_O

Best answers
Well done you, but if I get my work the way I want its fine.

Btw when saying "omg I did better" always show a image or render etc. I rough out my models and normaly cut down, thats how I work.

Like someone has said before, there is no right or wrong in modeling.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that was TekNik not too long ago, post wires DL

Best answers
I just got it down to 3.4k and i'll get it abit lower then put the clip detail on.

I'll post wires tomorrow, Rach wants me to get off the PC :p women eh.

Bolteh2

B
Well, since I completely emptied my webspace last month to make room for my portfolio, I threw away all my unfinished work and renders. Including the m16..

Either way, I'm not telling you how to model, just asking where all your polies went, because (and I'm sorry to say this) your m16 isn't too detailed overall..

Best answers
Odd, your the only one to say its not detailed. Plus I wanted to really let the skin work get the rest of the detail as I need to get my skinning skills in order.

Like I said i've cut it down to add more detail on certain areas like the clip.

Would of been good to see a render to back up what you were saying, but too bad there isn't one.

Thanks for pointing out things on the model anyways mate.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this render is about as simple as it comes =P, its a project that im determined to finish since skiwan was nice enough to draw up the reference for me, (when i didnt even directly ask to =P)

i dont work on it but for a little bit at a time. what you see here is all i have done in around 2 weeks. (due to me not knowing for sure how i was going to model the hair).

screenie
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f47/Nuttzeh/wires3.jpg
flats
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f47/Nuttzeh/bat.jpg

plz save all criticism on the model. if anything im looking for ideas on how to improve the face texture, ive been having some trouble with it.

ie, if i put much more definition than what i have there, it starts too look kinda weird. and the way the eyes are modelled it makes texturing that area a ***** as well

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who is that? ;o about the model the chin seams to be too defined.

Best answers
like it told you nuttzy,you still have the 1337 skills =).but on naruto headbands the 3 points on the sides of it the middle point should be the closest one to the edge,if you don't understand what i'm trying to say,look at this pic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zbrushin today, im hooked. Did this in just an hour:

Zbrush is teh best, i recommend it to anyone who is thinking about getting into highpoly modeling and normal mapping.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cool character, I'm definitely loving the proportions ^^
Why is everything at the pecs and up though fairly smoothed out, while everything below that is kinda blocky though?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my polygons weren't distributed well enough, so in some places there wasn't enough polies for good displacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom