Simple Melee

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now Joe already stated somewhere that he deleted the 1.1 melee code so I'm not asking for a recreation (although I do want one) as an option for 1.2, but what I would like is for the simple melee attack in 1.2 to send people a variable distance determined by either the speed your character is going or his power level. I don't want it to be a huge difference unless the PL difference is huge, but I want a difference.

For example, if someone with a PL of less than half of mine swoops up behind me and hits me with simple melee I don't mind having to fly like 30 virtual feet or whatever it's set to in 1.2 (much less than 1.1), but if I turn around and smack him because I'd rather not waste my time with advanced melee on such a weak opponent, I want to do more damage, and I want to send him farther away.

I don't care if Saiyans have higher power levels than everybody else on this one. I'm not asking for a massively huge difference in distance for somebody with twice someone else's power level, but as the gap increases I want to see an increase in power. If I just transformed and I have 4 million PL and I use simple melee on someone with 1 million PL or less I want to see them fly into something. It happened like that on the show, I want to retain some of 1.1's DBZ feel in 1.2 .

And it would seem that despite positive comments my afterimage thread is drying into powder... but if anyone has an opinion on it they want to share the link is below. Don't post in there, post in here, because it's a dead thread now.
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=38064

Best answers
I thought that Secondary Attack would be 1.1 melee o_O but if you say joe deleted it :S then i agree with every single word you just said.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there will be the advanced melee (combos, ect) and as a secondary melee attack, the simple 1.1 melee style will be in there, doing less damage of course. (mouse2 i presume)
but now, in the current 1.1, the distance you get hit is determined by your speed. if you stand infront of someone, in the air, and just hit them, theydont go very far. but if youre swooping, they get hit a great more distance. hopefully its the same way in 1.2.

Best answers
OMG!! he delelted it!! :mad: damn him!!! that sux...i thought u were gonna be able to choose from 1.1 mellee to 1.2 mellee in 1.2??? what ever happened to that??!!??! anyway like i said in a previous thread...ive already suggested a perfect way to blend both mellee systems...but noooo..noone ever listens :mad: i had everything planned out for it...and still do too...its a mellee system that combines both new and old and it will please anyone who has diff views on how the mellee system should work....u see when i posted it...everyone was like "oh u shouldnt diss it till youve tried it" and my request never went anywhere...i suggest u give up on this on as i did on mine..noone listened to it..except for some people...and those people were the ones that i play ESf with and that are skilled player...i told them my idea and they liked it...along with many others...but when i posted it here...noone cared :\...so i dont bother to suggest anything about melllee because everyone thinks that the new mellee is gonna be awsome and that we need to try it before we can diss it...but just remember when it comes out and some people dont like it and cant change back unless they downgrade to 1.1 then were gonna have to wait till 1.3 to change it and thats even if they do decide to listen to people..and change it back...the point is i agree with you sonic...i truly do...but ive given up hope on this subject.. :\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think they will ever downgrade to 1.1b, not after the work was put in. This new system looks one hundred times better than the old one, as it is a mix of 1.1b melee and the nice new one :).

Quite frankly I don't care if there is a cvar to put it back, I know I'll never need it.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I will quadruple check with PCJoe, but I am fairly certain he told me he just got rid of it when they decided that simple melee would be an attack in 1.2 . Perhaps he just told me that over AIM but I thought he posted it somewhere.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
I will quadruple check with PCJoe, but I am fairly certain he told me he just got rid of it when they decided that simple melee would be an attack in 1.2 . Perhaps he just told me that over AIM but I thought he posted it somewhere.
joo need to get ur facts in order cause basic melee can be used with secondary fire

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That isn't the same >< that is a shortened low damage version.

But he did say in the other thread that he's increasing the damage back up closer to 1.1 levels in the simple melee mode (which I thought had been removed). That makes me happy, but I am also referring to advanced melee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom