simple melee would be more fun?

Best answers
you all know how it works. well some of you do >.<

this is an idea that will make the game more enjoyable for me(and others to i think but let me know if you like it). I want to know everyone's thoughts.... on this.. good/bad/and i dont take kindly to insult's but i love improvement's or glitches.

quite simple really, heh.

simple melee hit's do half the usual dammage they usually do,
but the knockback's, well work like this...

hit - knockback distance

1st - normal like any first hit on esf 1.2/1.3
2nd - same as the 1st
3rd - same as the 1st
4th - add's 50% knockback distance,
5th - this one knocks them flying extremely far (300% knockback etc... for example), so a 6th hit cannot be made.
the 5th hit also add's 50% dammage

dammage is always half on every hit, your adding more dammage for every successfull hit, but you can only make 5 hits and only if you have the ki to, so it's about knowing when to stop. >.< if you make the 5th hit, you lost the ability to attack with a gen beam at close range, and after 5th hit they can dodge with ease. due to knockback distance

if you got all 5 hit's on, then you would only do 2.75 x the normal dammage you would do for 1 hit on esf. which is less than the total you could usually do.(i think >.<)

this system does not change how you control the simple melee
that will all stay the same, you will just have to make more hit's, this will allow upto 5 hit's and if you use your enviroment, you can add a little more dammage.

this will make it more fun, i dont know about anyone else but i like making 5 hit combo's on 1.2. so if you think this is a bad idea, due to dragging a fight out but not slowing it down.. or something let me know.

Best answers
No... I like the old good advanced melee more. Sry man this is no my style.
who said anything about the advanced melee, that shall stay as it is as far as this thread is concerned. >)

my suggestion, is there to try and improve the existing simple melee.
advanced melee suggestions in a different thread ^^ but thanks for sharing your opinion even if it's not exactly concerning my thread >)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say this is a bad atempt at trying to remake 1.1

Especialy by someone who wasnt even round for 1.1

The 1.2 blowback distance is way to short. Even for the first hit. So that would have to be altered first. Allthough i agree with the adding of blowback speed (not distance but speed) so taht each next hit after the second is harder. Si if there is a speed increase of 30% after the second hit and again after every hit after that. Youll be looking at about 4 to 5 hits max. While still maintaining a smaller distance rather than send them flying over the whole map into a wall where they get extra damage from hitting the skybox. Also this makes the 6th hit possible if you have enough KI conserved and are good with aiming teleports.

Makes the overall melee faster (youll need faster responses in order to hit the guy and the speed of the actuall melee will increase)

Ofcourse the base knockback speed shouldnt be the same for everyone. The base should be calculated using PL difrence aswell as the speed of the player who hit you.

I kinda liked the idea in 1.1 that where one person was so much stronger than the other he wassnt knocked back one bit. the hit was made but there was no knockback for him cause he was so strong.

Best answers
I say this is a bad atempt at trying to remake 1.1

Especialy by someone who wasnt even round for 1.1
oh i was >.< but not for a long time.

my thought's were just to allow simple melee to get more interesting to use than it is at the moment.

The 1.2 blowback distance is way to short
i suppose a 50% increase in distance would make that better.

i agree with the adding of blowback speed (not distance but speed) so taht each next hit after the second is harder. Si if there is a speed increase of 30% after the second hit and again after every hit after that
now this i completly agree with, but a 25% speed increase would be good after every hit. including the first. so the speed they fly back is 1.25 x the normal.

I kinda liked the idea in 1.1 that where one person was so much stronger than the other he wassnt knocked back one bit. the hit was made but there was no knockback for him cause he was so strong.
i only think if they were 3x stronger this should happen, but yes knockback distance should really depend on the power level both fighter's have.

OLD >.<
2nd - same as the 1st
3rd - same as the 1st
4th - add's 50% knockback distance,
5th - this one knocks them flying extremely far (300% knockback etc... for example), so a 6th hit cannot be made.
the 5th hit also add's 50% dammage

NEW >.<
2nd - same as the 1st
3rd - same as the 1st
4th - add's 50% knockback distance, + 50% speed.
5th - add's another 50% knockback , so that it makes a total of 200% of the normal distance and travel's twice the normal speed (+50% speed).
the 5th hit also add's 50% dammage. every hit after would have the same effect as 5th hit , however it would reduce the dammage by 50% due to possible exploitation, and bug abuse.

remember, every hit would do half the normal amount of dammage, so you'd be hitting 5 odd time's to get the dammage you normaly do.

also when your being knocked back,
it would be interesting to add an escape manauver that will cost ki, (and stamina in 1.3).
when knockedback you should be able to teleport out of there, like you see in the goku vs frieza fight. >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom