Sierra Shutdown!

Best answers
GameDaily has reported that Sierra has been shut down by parent company, Vivendi Universal Games:
"The venerable games company created some of the most popular action and adventure games in the 80's. The Sierra brand will live on in name only and projects tied to the Sierra pipeline, Half-Life 2, Ground Control II and Tribes: Vengeance are already being developed by other teams within Vivendi. Also affected by the restructuring, the Hoyle brand of card and board games have been cancelled."
NOOOO!
If you guy didn't already know.

Best answers
A place.........a friend maybe, or maybe a site...

"The venerable games company created some of the most popular action and adventure games in the 80's. The Sierra brand will live on in name only and projects tied to the Sierra pipeline, Half-Life 2, Ground Control II and Tribes: Vengeance are already being developed by other teams within Vivendi. Also affected by the restructuring, the Hoyle brand of card and board games have been cancelled."
More depressing news for the industry, Vivendi Universal Games has cut 350 staff and shut down Seattle-based Sierra. The venerable games company created some of the most popular action and adventure games in the 80's. The Sierra brand will live on in name only and projects tied to the Sierra pipeline, Half-Life 2, Ground Control II and Tribes: Vengeance are already being developed by other teams within Vivendi. Also affected by the restructuring, the Hoyle brand of card and board games have been canceled.

"Restructuring the organization and reducing our cost base are necessary to improve our operating effectiveness and profitability," said VU Games CEO Bruce Hack, in as terse a manner as possible. "This constitutes another important step in our turnaround plan aimed to better position the company for growth."

Along with VU Games restructuring, the game company is prepping up for profitability with a powerful lineup for the second half of 2004. VU Games is looking for some higher revenues with titles like World of Warcraft, Spyro: A Hero's Tail and the well-received The Chronicles of Rid****: Escape from Butcher Bay.

http://www.planethalflife.com/

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First interplay goes bankrupt then sierra gets shut down... Damn... what is going on?

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NOOOOOO! Some of my most favourite strategic games (example: Caesar 3, Zeus/Poseidon) were made by Sierra and Impression Games. :( This really sucks, I was looking forward to some sequals to those games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't say I'll miss them, honestly.

The fact that Vivendi is going to presumably be involved in the profit margin on a blizzard game bothers me thoroughly, though (WoW).

Best answers
Dude, this really blows. I liked Sierra, and they did make some kickass games

!!! >_< !!!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont mind, as long as id, bullfrog and blizard stay's up.
and most inportant is epic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, CS is the only game I've ever played made by Sierra, so no big loss for me, none the less, indeed it does blow quite a lot.

Best answers
CS isn't a Sierra game anymore, it is a VALVe game.

And this mean WON goes down, which also pisses me off, because I believe Tribes 2 runs off WON...

Best answers
Sigh.....this definetly sucks....i guess pc gaming must be on a downturn and piracy is on the upswing.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Didn't Sierra publish the HOMEWORLD and HOMEWORLD II games?

It's a shame. Maybe the developer will still make more.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me pokes everyone
ja, kinda suckehs that there wont be a hl3, buut there will be some more super similar themed games for sure,

(in case pewple didnt notice, sierra basicly went back to there parent company, so they will continue work on some new series, instead of adding to old series like half life )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I want to say things that could get my arrested for numerous charges. So I wont say them.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arthos said:
I want to say things that could get my arrested for numerous charges. So I wont say them.
Thank you for that fabulous spam. Have a warning to go with it :warning:.

Best answers
y did sierra get shut down? did thay get bowt out? or some copy right s**t?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and thank u for evading the swear filter

why not take a warning too

though i somewhat doubt the truth in this i mean why would some random game site suddenly get news before everyone else that sierra is being closed for no apparent reason by vivindi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom