Shingeki no Kyojin / Attack on Titan ( Spoilers )

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
i watched first 2 episodes

it was BOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIING to be honest not my type :p
It's a shame to say but I had to watch about 3 hours worth of this anime before I started to get in to it... and honestly, I'm not even that in to it now... Animes are very similar in a few key ways;

1. There's always at least 1 super energetic character that will annoy the crap out of you.

2. Filler. LOTS of Filler. You'll end up thinking "SHUT UP I DON'T CARE GET TO THE GOOD PART!" To no avail.

3. Episodes released once a week means you can't afford to love it too much, because you could end up waiting an entire week for just another episode of filler, so, best to just forget about it and watch it when u remember.

BUT there's only like 10 episodes right now so you might as well watch those to catch yourself up, and then just watch episodes when you've got nothing better to watch. I personally enjoy the whole 'Horror' genre so I do enjoy the part where people die regularly from hideous monsters.... The whole premise of giving mankind a natural predator never truly gets old, because it taps in to our primal fears as the very mortal creatures of this great Earth that we are.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not really a horror anime...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, it's not a horror anime. Some scenes are horrifying but it's not really a horror. Love the series but the anime itself is slow for some reason if you compare with the manga. It feels they're purposely doing it :p

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, it's not a horror anime. Some scenes are horrifying but it's not really a horror. Love the series but the anime itself is slow for some reason if you compare with the manga. It feels they're purposely doing it :p
No shit. :)))
They'll catch up to fast if they were to keep the same pace.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I would still like to say that it is in the horror genre. I don't have any good sources to back it up, but both wiki and a scanlation site describe the series with a "horror"-tag!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
#teammanga

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Action, Horror, Dark fantasy, Tragedy, and Dystopia are what pretty much everything is listing it as.

Anything with a something that would seem scary would probably considered horror.

Arc the Lad, Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure, and High School of the Dead are Horror, where nothing is really scary at all in these.

Hellsing wasn't scary at all to me but due to the idea of Vampires and Zombies killing people and lots of blood spraying, it made it a horror.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
What you just described is in fact the definition of Horror :p

Horror is a film genre seeking to elicit a negative emotional reaction from viewers by playing on the audience's primal fears. Horror films often feature scenes that startle the viewer; the macabre and the supernatural are frequent themes. Thus they may overlap with the fantasy, supernatural, and thriller genres.[1]
Horror films often deal with the viewer's nightmares, hidden fears, revulsions and terror of the unknown. Plots within the horror genre often involve the intrusion of an evil force, event, or personage, commonly of supernatural origin, into the everyday world. Prevalent elements include ghosts, aliens, vampires, werewolves, curses, satanism, demons, gore, torture, vicious animals, monsters, zombies, cannibals, and serial killers. Conversely, movies about the supernatural are not necessarily always horrific.[2]
- Wiki

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It is horror because of the scenes. (some of them)
Other than that it reminds me of other popular animes. An group of people fighting evil.

For the time being i must say its entertaining me. First 1-3 episodes before i started to read the manga ... i just couldn't get enough of it. But now... (it's not what i expected it to be)

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Ach, I've been putting it off. I've only seen 2 episodes... xD

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So yeah i couldn't resist anymore and i picked up the manga from where the anime left off. Looks good so far.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok so i just caught up with the manga as well. Anyone wanna discuss spoilers? :)
I mean...i'm curious about Eren's dad. I'll be damned if he's not the big boss of the engineered humans(just a speculation). I wouldn't be surprised.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The manga is ******* crazy, I hope the anime gets to this point. The thing with a colossal titan inside of the wall and everything with the titan shifters is crazy. This all makes me wonder what the **** is in the basement. Also, the ape titan was pretty sick too.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Oh, man. I wanna click those spoiler tags so much... but if I do.. will I ever get around to watching more? D:

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who cares, I didn't make a reply to make you publicly post your thoughts on clicking a spoiler button.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Hey, Dam, I was just discussing things in relation to the topic... D:

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well ... technically this thread's name has the word "spoilers" in it so no spoiler tag is needed. However we didn't spoil anything because we wanted more people to watch the anime and continue with the manga.
From here on either we change the thread name or we talk spoilers without tags. Or we can just keep doing things the same.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm the majority watches the Anime over Reading it or is it the opposite way?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ANIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Although I haven't watched till I episode 6 because I wanna watch it all in one go now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom