shapelle Corby Innocent or guilty ?

Shappele Corby , Is she inocent or guilty ?

• innocent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • guilty

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well , what do you think and based on what evidence ?

i think they really mixed this up with the bali 9 and such in their judgement. There's alot of evidence and such , but i can't be bothered to search through it all

KyoKusanagi

K
I don't know what to think - you'd have to be pretty damn stupid to smuggle in 4.1 kilos of pot in a bodyboard bag - i mean, it'd be sticking up out of the bag like two phone books stacked ontop of each other. Not to mention that smuggling drugs into any South-East Asian country (Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Phillipines, Indonesia) carry a death penalty, in some cases mandatory.

The other thing is that alot of the evidence was dismissed by the Indonesian judges but...they don't have to prove her guilty, they have to find the evidence to find her innocent. It sounds pretty messed up considering the judges has not acquitted one drug smuggling case in his career.

BUT...thats how their judicial system works, and though people may say its corrupt and harsh, its a system thats only been around for 30 years. Our own (Australian) judicial system was just as corrupted and harsh in its infancy.

There are a lot of factors that need to be taken into account before we can decide (at least for ourselves) if she is innocent or guilty. It'll take a miracle to get a reduced sentence or even a transferred jail sentence.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Imagine being put to death because somebody planted drugs in your bag as you boarded a plane for Singapore.

That would really suck!

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KyoKusanagi said:
Our own (Australian) judicial system was just as corrupted and harsh in its infancy.
Australia's justice system is a piece of ****. You want to talk about a messed up conviction.

Just after noon on 28th April 1996, an unknown marksman opened fire on diners in the Broad Arrow Cafe at Port Arthur in Australia. In less than 20 minutes at this and five other crime scenes, the marksman killed 35, injured 22, and crippled two cars with only 64 shots. Nineteen of the first twenty dead in the Broad Arrow Cafe died from single shots to the head, all fired by the unknown marksman from his right hip. This staggering display of marksman- ship was blamed on left-handed and intellectually impaired Martin Bryant, who had no shooting experience, or military training of any kind. From the time of his arrest, remand prisoner Martin Bryant was illegally held in strict solitary confinement and denied access to media of any kind until his police interrogation on 4th July 1996. When he refused to admit to the Port Arthur Massacre at interrogation, he was once more placed back in illegal solitary confinement. Eventually in desperation during November 1996, Martin Bryant pleaded "guilty" 72 times, thereby allowing the authorities to avoid a humiliating trial at which they could present no hard evidence of guilt. Intellectually impaired Martin Bryant was convicted by a hysterical media pack, then forced to plead guilty by prison officials illegally enforcing solitary confinement.
Give me a break.

Oh, and, the thing about drug mules, is that they're all "innocent" when they get caught. So how do you pick out which ones are actually innocent, and how does 4.1k of an illegal substance accidentally get into your bag without your knowledge.

And Overlord, post some links next time, so people (like me) who had no idea who the hell you are talking about don't have to go searching.

Best answers
I really think shes guilty.. And i bet indonesia got more pissed off since Australians think they can judge their legal system. Plus with all the stuff john howard (pm of australia) writting about her innocense, if they actually found she was guilty then that would be a major embarassment.

I agree with optimus, why are the people who smuggle drugs always innocent? And how could a bloody 4.1kg of drugs get into your bag. Geez..

Oh and before other people say stuff, i live in australia and i go by them but i just dont why people think shes innocent. Is it cause she gets all emotional and has a loving family?

Best answers
Well the evidence is all there pretty much and most Australians have come to deal with she actually did it. But even so, everyone's P-I pissed coz of the assness sentence. It's too long and it's a backwards country. ANd for the record. Like 2 guys before her were sentenced to death for drug smuggling like her but the media didnt cover it coz it wasnt very appealing as they were ugly.

KyoKusanagi

K
You gotta admit though, you'd have to be 5 cans short of a six pack to try and smuggle that amount of weed into Indonesia.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well the appeal is now being made for her , except the deadline may not be reached by the new lawyer in time (according to the media there is fear of that). They even got a indonesian soap star on the team (w00t w00t w00t she owns) i can't remeber her name though , she use to be married to sarharto's grandson

only time will tell if she get's released from that vile place

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom