Shadow Of The Colossus

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The secret garden is supposedly on top of the starting temple. If you run around it long enough, you will see a side of it has vines going all the way up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Well, again, I don't mean to sound rude, but if I wanted to know about any items that could be found, I'd look it up in a FAQ. :eek:

Anyway, getting back on topic: I've heard the framerate tends to drop noticeably when you're chasing a Colossus. Does this hinder gameplay, as in, cause you to slip and fall and crash to your death due to forces beyond your control, or is the framerate smooth enough at all times to allow unrestricted (read: smooth, normal) gameplay?
It never get's that bad, it's barely noticable. But there are times when you're chasing a fast collosus, with dust blowing everywhere where it tends to chop up a little bit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cool, thanks Sluggah. :3

How long, on average, would you say it takes to beat a Colossus?

I imagine this game has at least 10 hours of straight gameplay. Would that be a fairly accurate assumption?

@Opty: Less spoilers please. :[

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For me it was about 30 mins per collossus give or take 10 minutes. about 10 minutes to find it, 5 minutes to find out how to kill it and 15 to kill it. I beat the game in just over 8 hours. It really depends on how you play, I didn't explore much until after I beat it. now that I know how to kill them it's easier to finish, however I haven't tried hard mode yet. As I said above apparently the collosi act differently and the spots are differnet, so once I drop guitar hero for a bit, I'll get back to finishing this game.

Just to let everyone know how good of a game this is - I rented it first, after I beat it and before I even heard about the unlockables I still bought it. It's just a really well done game, it's almost a peice of art. Some of the moments in the game are simply amazing. When you take it all in, the music, the surroundings, the story, the emotions that your character is going throughout the game, the companionship with your horse, and especially the ending, you just realize that this is more than a game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Playing straight through not knowing about any of these side quests and unlockables (which i'm doing now, so fun ^^ ) I beat the game in around 8 hours aswell. So you get your moneys worth.

Plus it's always a favourite for friends to try.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard this game is very very open. They don't tell you ****. They don't tell you what your relationship is to the girl you're trying to save, they don't tell you where the Colossi came from or why killing them restores the girl's health - they just happen. The only real way to learn some of the relationships among the characters is by looking at the way they interact, for instance your horse and you.

Oh yeah, that brings me to another thing: What happens to your horse after you get off of it to attack a Colossus? When you've beaten it, can you just blow a whistle and it'll come running to you, or do you have to backtrack to where you left it?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I heard this game is very very open. They don't tell you ****. They don't tell you what your relationship is to the girl you're trying to save, they don't tell you where the Colossi came from or why killing them restores the girl's health - they just happen. The only real way to learn some of the relationships among the characters is by looking at the way they interact, for instance your horse and you.

Oh yeah, that brings me to another thing: What happens to your horse after you get off of it to attack a Colossus? When you've beaten it, can you just blow a whistle and it'll come running to you, or do you have to backtrack to where you left it?
When you defeat a Collossus, big spirity tentacle things penetrate your body, henceforth teleporting you back to your temple.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
When you defeat a Collossus, big spirity tentacle things penetrate your body, henceforth teleporting you back to your temple.
Wtf.

Well, it sure as Hell beats walkin', that's for sure.

I really loved ICO, the design style was so unique, the graphics were baffling. I can't wait to play this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Woo ya, I went out and grabbed the game today. Just defeated the second colossi. The game is so much fun, i'll have to play some more later. I'm stoked about all these unlockables too, never knew about them till after I came home with it, so thats an extra bonus!

Also, did anyone notice. If you ever see some birds (or maybe its only the white ones at the temple, its the only thing I tried this on), you can run up to them and jump and try and press R1 and hold on to them. If you do it the bird will fly away with you in tow, it's pretty cool.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hash said:
Woo ya, I went out and grabbed the game today. Just defeated the second colossi. The game is so much fun, i'll have to play some more later. I'm stoked about all these unlockables too, never knew about them till after I came home with it, so thats an extra bonus!

Also, did anyone notice. If you ever see some birds (or maybe its only the white ones at the temple, its the only thing I tried this on), you can run up to them and jump and try and press R1 and hold on to them. If you do it the bird will fly away with you in tow, it's pretty cool.
I was trying tojump onto Agro. You can do this by jumping into his side while holding R1. And I accidentally grabbed one of those white birds in the temple. You only stay on for a few seconds or so until your weight pulls it to the ground. Still funny though. It also works with the Hawks that you sometimes see flying over your head when you're on Agro.

You can also grab onto fish under water.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, a couple of the bosses you are swimming most of the time while fighting. The only catch is that you can't go all the way down in the water, only a few feet below the surface. (Unless something pulls you lower)

Best answers
game seems freaking awesome but its only PS2 right now..right?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, it's a PS2 exclusive I believe.

Best answers
tobad..but i heard its gonna come to PC..
no idea when thats gonna happen??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just watched some trailers and gameplay clips of SotC on Gamespot and it looks damn, damn awesome.

Watching a Colossus fall almost makes you feel sorry for them. They seem so peaceful at times.

Makes you wonder who the real badguy is. :eek:

Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I just watched some trailers and gameplay clips of SotC on Gamespot and it looks damn, damn awesome.

Watching a Colossus fall almost makes you feel sorry for them. They seem so peaceful at times.

Makes you wonder who the real badguy is. :eek:

can you post a link to a trailer..plz :smile:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Gaara* said:
can you post a link to a trailer..plz :smile:
Here you are, my good man. A link to Gamespot's review page for Shadow of The Colossus. They have screenshots, a nice review, and tons of gameplay footage.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/wandaandthecolossus/index.html

I personally didn't watch a lot of gameplay footage, for fear that it would spoil too much. :p

I want this game so badly I can almost taste it. <3

Best answers
omg..they are so freaking huge.. would be more challenging if they didnt highlight the area were you can kill the titans=)

and amg the titans are BIG! you (the character) look so tiny when your infront of a titan...i so want to play that game now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom