Several SENSIBLE Suggestions...new attacks, ideas, etc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay...so...I'ms eeing that this forum is full of ideas, and most of them are either non-implementable, pointlessly complex, needless inclusions based on what one person wishes he could do, or better yet, completely unoriginal and already entertained ideas.

I've had a lot of ideas, so I decided to post them and break the monotony of the repetitive bad ones. These are all things that I think could improve the gameplay and fun factor, NOT things I think "would pwn" and should be in the game cause "they had it in the show once."

Okay. Here we go.

1.) ANIMATED BLOCK STRUGGLES. The team is probably already doing this but I think some sound effects (simple grunts/yells, maybe three for each character) played at random during a block struggle, with an accompanying small animation (as opposed to the actual block animation remaining) could help the aesthetics of the block struggle a bit more. Not really a necessary change, but a thought.

2.) NEWER VERSIONS OF PREVIOUS MOVES. This is real simple. Take Goku for instance. He has the kamehameha wave in his normal state. Now, this is a pretty powerful move. Why not split it up? In the show traditionally he can do a quicker version that is much weaker. Why not have him do one that is say, about the same strength as the Gallit Gun, which charges a little bit faster, and then give him a "super" kamehameha once he reaches SSJ level? the super kamehameha would take longer to charge, and use a different voice effect (the one from the Episode "Minute of Desperation" comes to mind), and do signifigant damage and use up signifigant ki, as opposed to the weaker one.

3.) "IMPACTING" BEAMS. When someone is in a swoop, you could make it so that if a beam is more than halfway charged or so (rather, charged enough that it can do a certain amount of damage, that is how this could be decided), and hits the swooping player in say a cone of about 100 degrees in front of them, it could act as a weak melee hit, and send the player flying back a bit. This would make players use beams more, and would look a lot cooler than simply ending the swoop animations when a player is hit.

4.) IDEAS 2+3 MIXED. You can give weak attacks like the masenko the ability to cause a melee hit result all the time, once Piccolo transforms, for instance. This can make weaker beams work better for players who like to play the weaker characters.

5.) IDEAS THAT SUCK. Don't change transformations, teleports, swoop speeds, game speeds, block, or melee. These are all bad ideas, and are fine in game. And don't add any ridiculously complicated melee struggle system either; use the similar meter/ki-pump technique that we already use for all the other struggles.

6.) TRUNKS' Make the burning attack bigger, and make it's trail transparent. Then it can still be controlled but will look like a projectile, and the Trunks fans will be happy. Hehe.

[EDIT]
7.) TAUNTS. Most of the characters have some great quotes in the series. Why not grab a couple of sounds and have them play at random when you kill an enemy? Might add some spice and variety to the game, you know?

8.) BEING MOVED SLIGHTLY WHEN HIT, ALSO WHILE BLOCKING. If you get hit by a move, I think it might look a little better if your character gets pushed back. This means while blocking, too. Not massively pushed back, but for blocking maybe even just a heavy grunting sound (as opposed to the damage sounds). But when you hti someone and they remain perfectly still, it looks a little silly, doesn't it? Might be cool to make the hit slide you backward a little, give it a nice effect. Dunno if Half-Life can even really do that, though. It would also be cool cause it would disorientate block spammers slightly, and would make repeated blocking harder.

9.) FINAL FLASH FOR TRUNKS? I could swear that somewhere in some series Trunks did the Final Flash...why not give him a slightly weaker version of it?

10.) BUU'S ABSORPTION. THis is easy. At a higher transformation his body part attack could be replaced with a similar absorption attack. Not an instant kill move, though, or an immobilizing one. What happens is, youc harge up, toss a blob of yourself at the enemy, and if they block it returns doing nothing but some minimal damage, or explodes, or any other number of ideas. I haven't thought about that part much, but it could be worked out easily enough. The part that is interesting is, if the shot does connect with an enemy, a blockstruggle will occur, animated with the player being captured by the blob and slowly pulled TOWARD Buu. If the other player is strong enough, they can power out of it and the blob returns to Buu. If they fail and reach Buu before they can escape, Buu will absorb them, but rather then gain health/ki/PL, he will temporarily gain the character's signature attack (i.e. you successfully absorb a Goku, you get the kamehameha as a move). I say temporarily because obviously every time you die this should be reset again, so that no one is going around with every move in the game at 50 million PL. I think it would be a good attack, it doesn't even have to replace the bodypart attack, just work similarly to it...at a later level, perhaps Super Buu 1.

I had more ideas, but don't remember them at the moment, and have to get going anyway. Write back and let me know what you all think. If I remember the other stuff, I'll edit this post and add more.

Heh. Thanks.

Best answers
OMG thats a lot of reading, My brain hurts... Some good idea's though and that sig of urs kicks ass!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. what animations could there be for a block struggle all they are is a person blockinga nd being pushed by a beam i never once saw goku grunting or fidgeting when blocking a beam in dbz

2. thats not much of a helpfull idea just saying add new moves! isnt a suggestion

3. if ur hit when charging a beam u lose it just like what would happen in real life if ur holding something and then get smacked across the map ur just gonna drop it it wouldnt explode out

4. i dont see a point with this idea i mean they never got tossed around the planet when they get shot with a beam

6. burning attack is not a ball attack there for it will not be one in esf

i mean esf isnt exactly like the show yes but the team still wants to keep it as true to the show as they can with out making gameplay worse

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Number 1 was just a half-suggestion, not exactly a good idea, just something to think about. I don't ever recall them sitting silently and pushing the beam away (remeber Gokus truggling to stop Pikkon's move, for instance). Spinnign the aura model around them while they do it or something, just to make it look like it's...well more of a struggle. Not really a good idea, though, your right.

2 wasn't "add more moves" it was to divide some of the moves into weak and strong versions of themselves...to give chracters more moves, and make the game have more options for beam attacks in general.

3 was in reference to hitting someone who is in the middle of a melee swoop with a beam...the idea was for it to knock him out of the swoop with an existing animation...getting rid of the problem everyone has with the whole "Why don't beams stop swoops!" thing.

About number 4: You've never seen a beam explode and send someone flying? Or better yet Pikkon's attack that sent Goku almost all the way out of the ring? That's what I was thinking of, just to give the weaker beams more of a point to having them.

And about the burning attack...why's everyone *****ing it's supposed to be a ball? Or did I just mix up Trunks moves?

Best answers
2.) The varying strength of a beam attack is already represented by the charge bar, really.

3.) Beams knock people out of swoops in 1.1.

5.) I agree for the most part, but I think that the block/counter needs to be toned down a bit. Some people are (seriously) impossible to beat. They'll melee you until you try to melee them back, then it's block/counter. Even if you hit teleport as soon as you hit them, they'll be quicker.

6.) Sounds good to me. It will make it harder to see as well, which is another advantage.

7.) Only if they can be turned off. Hearing one of a number of taunts every time I killed somone would get tiring pretty quickly. Just have a taunt button, like in NS.

8.) Agreed in full.

9.) He does a beam attack on future Cell to finish him off. Kid Trunks does what looks to be a final final in the tournament against Goten, dunno if you're thinking of that.

10.) I put my ideas in a thread already about this ( I can dig it up if you want full details, it's in a thread called "transformations for buu" or somesuch). I prefer Buu having to turn them into candy, then eating them (ie candy as a fourth option when he's Super Buu) - the absorbtion body thingymajig is a bit too deadly, in my opinion.

Oh, and thanks for actually using paragraphs and good English. Makes for better reading :D

Best answers
Originally posted by Hibiki
6. burning attack is not a ball attack there for it will not be one in esf
The burning attack is a ball attack.

Here is all the proof you need Hibiki.

EDIT:

Here is the Burning Attack from the History of Trunks Movie.

Best answers
Originally posted by Majin Krillin
The burning attack is a ball attack.

Here is all the proof you need Hibiki.

hehehe, hibiki was owned :talk:

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
lol ten dollars says hibiki is gonna come back with something and throw it all back lol he can throw spam where it er...um...sticks i guess lol but yea ive seen it as a beam also in the history of trunks movie but they wont go by movies and that was a one time deal probably...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki you love to argue dont you :p
Burning Attack is a ball. And it looked exactly how it did in
DMZ. With little thingies coming out of it. If you dont beleive me
at least go look at a clip of freiza vs trunks. People always say its
not a ball but they never bothered to check clips of it.

And I disagree with #5. You dont want a new melee system
because your scared of losing by people with high ping aren't ya.
I say. "As long as it helps me out in-game im greatful". Right now
Melee is fustrating and I get lucky when I hit someone with low
ping while going head to head.

But its not always luck thats by my side. I got skills so boo-yah!
:p

EDIT:

Wait wait, Majin Krillin already showed proof :p
I am backing up my arguement incase you wanna keep going
with it hibiki :p

Best answers
well your suggestions arent all perfect and incredibly simple and to the point either. Anyway, the trunks idea is okay, and the good ideas are already being implemented, like beams pushing back a swooping character. Buu's special attack is just too hard to make, though I bet it would look very cool if enough effort is put into it. Still would be very buggy though. Anyway half of your ideas I like and for this forum that is a damn good ratio. Check out my melee system suggestions if you can later, they are not big changes and are all very possible and easy to make, and would not mean changing into any side-scrolling humongous load of crap some have been suggesting. Just one new attack and a simple pump bar melee struggle like the one you suggested. It seems we agree again.
Anyway if you want check it out, it sounds like youll like it. Maybe we can make our suggestions heard with a poll. Hopefully people will agree.

My bum is on the Cheese

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i was wondering why burning attack is a beam and a ball in the show....seemed very strange to me since i always remembered how future trunks killed the robot frieza

Best answers
Congratulations, your uncanny memory was right, too bad you didnt bring it up sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom