setting origin from angle.. (kinda)

Best answers
Well, I'm trying to set the sprites origin in the players hands using the players facing angle to PUT it in there, but I can't get the formula to do it :mad:

I've tried some of my past used formulas in .AMX where I used to create an explosion infront of player in any angle he turns

Code:
new Float:origin[3];
					new Float:angle[3];
					entity_get_vector(id,EV_VEC_origin,origin);
					entity_get_vector(id,EV_VEC_angles,angle);
					origin[0] += ( -3.5 * floatsin( -angle, degrees) ),
					origin[2] += ( -0.8 * floatcos( -angle, degrees) ),
					entity_set_origin(KaiokenCharge[id], origin);
I have this fornow, but the calculation returns 0 all the time, I've tried doing different ways, but it doesn't create the sprite in his hands.. Can anyone help me?

P.S the code is what I started with cause other code I wrote didn't work

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In player's hands? What exactly are you doing?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My guess. And attack charge sprite or something like that.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You didn't understand. I need more details.

I can't help you with this question exactly but I thought that if you gave me more details on what you want to do exactly, maybe I could suggest you some other, possibly better way.

I wanted to suggest you using one of the default ESF's attacks in which the attack is charged in the hand and simply alter its sprite. But I don't know if it makes sense without knowing what you're doing.

Last edited:
Best answers
In ESF 1.2 all characters have a beam attachment on their hand (I think it's attachment 1 or 2). So you should be able to grab the position of that attachment, dunno how to do that in AMX script though.

Best answers
Basically, I'm trying to create a charge sprite in the player's hands, but I can create it in his hands only when his angle is 0 (thats how i got the offsets in the first place), When player's angle isn't 0, with those offsets it will create somewhere behind him/other side of player and etc.

Best answers
Code:
static Float:aim[3],Float:vec[3],Float:endvec[3],Float:origin[3];
					fm_get_aim_origin( id, aim );

pev(id,pev_origin, origin );
					client_print(id,print_chat,"origin %0.f %0.f %0.f",origin[0],origin[1],origin[2]);
					xs_vec_sub(aim,origin, vec );
					client_print(id,print_chat,"vec %0.f %0.f %0.f",vec[0],vec[1],vec[2]);
					xs_vec_normalize(vec,endvec);
					client_print(id,print_chat,"normalized %0.f %0.f %0.f",endvec[0],endvec[1],endvec[2]);
here is what I have now, the endvec returns 0 or -0 somewhy, what could be wrong?:(

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it looks alright from what I can see, given that the functions do what I think they are doing, are all the debug prints returning what they are supposed to return ?
Or to be more specific does "vec" return the correct non-normalized direction `?

Best answers
Well, it does return something, I haven't tried tried debugging if the vec direction is alright. I've tried calculating the normalized vec myself, using xs_vec_normalize formulas in XS.inc file, It calculates fine for me, but it doesn't in the script.

Best answers
Well, I've got this to work, but the question still stands, how do I get the correct offsets from angles? (vec normalizing returns something now below 1)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The origins from the x keep returning 0. we have gotten the Y to move but the X still remains. I believe something might be wrong with sinus in amxx but we are not sure. all other attempts at other formulas have also failed. does any one have any ideas ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom