SERVER, DRAGONBALL HELP CTDB

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
hey whenever i put the mode to CTDB and i statr up the game, it never has any dragon balls on the map, how do i get it??

Best answers
It depends on the map your using, some have them some dont.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
i tried like every map that comes with ESF and ones like esf_cellday_b3 and b2 and i know those shud have dragonballs on them

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you using Steam or WON

because CTDB doesn't work with Steam
the dragonballs don't show up, and it's the same problem your having!

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
really?!?!? Well some servers on STEAM have dragonballs...

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I searched the forums, found one possible "solution" to get CTDB to work, but it was flawed.

So unless you can show me a steam server with Dragonballs,
I don't think it's possible to play CTDB's on steam

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
right now theres a server called [Riced] EVM server it has dragonballs, and b4 there was another EVM server and it had Dragonballs, and my friend made one with dragonballs

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oke... let me rephrase: "I don't think it's possible to play CTDB's on steam with Regular ESF"
I don't know if it works with EVM, cuz I never played that

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
well i remmeber this guy b4 EVM came out he created a game with DBs in it...

Best answers
This server runs both CTDB and free for all
thegamezone.nl
217.170.2.110:27025

But it cycles trough the game modes...
So sometimes its Team, FFA and CTDB...

Best answers
Hmm I have evm and steam and CTDB works on it...

Try to install evm and edit the game.cfg again.. maybe it works :/

Best answers
:: FOR DRAGONBALLS ON A STEAM ESF SERVER ::
Go into your ESF folder and open your game.cfg and listenserver.cfg (for dedicated, server.cfg). If the following line is not in either text document, add mp_gamemode "2" to both. If they have mp_gamemode "1" just change it to "2". This sets dragonballs as your game play mode. Run your game like normal and create a new game. Choose your map, but not all maps will run dragonballs. Good maps for dballs are esf_cellarena_b3 and esf_afm.

For quick respawning of dragonballs so you don't have to wait, type mp_dbrespawntime 1 into your console. This sets the db respawn time to 1 second after the model shadows appear.

If you would like to specify a number of players on your server, you've gotta make a shortcut to your esf. (right-click ESF in you Steam games list, and then there's an option for shortcut) The esf menu for creating a game does not have a player slot option, so the default of 32 slots (I think) will be on your server if you don't do this.

Now go to your short-cut that is on your desktop. Open it's properties menu. Find the target box. After the [-game esf], add...
Code:
+maxplayers X +map esf_city.bsp
You will need to change the X for maxplayers to the amount of players you wish to host on your server, and then you can change esf_city.bsp to the map you wish to run. Click apply to set in your new options, and then click OK to exit the properties window. Run your short-cut. It should automatically load your listen server with the max number of player slots you specified and the map you specified.

Note: Dragon Balls only work on certain maps. If you are looking for fast wishes, load the esf_cellarena_b3.bsp and in console, set mp_dbrespawntime to 1 so they respawn 1 second after the model shadows generate.

If an admin wishes to **STICKIE** this, thats fine with me. This was made for the HELP forum, but I'm sure it would be useful in the SERVER HELP forum as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom