Server doesnt show up

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Hello,

Like the title says ....
I tried every step i could find on the forum , sv_lan 0 , verified steam , port forwards ( my router had them pre configured for Half-Life ) and i added some extra.

Though i do not see it , some one did enter the server called "Dansky".
I hope he reports to, on how he found me, i assume the server browser :p.

Any help suggested on how i can see it ... or maybe it is so i cant but others can ?

Thnx in advance,
BFP

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
This might be because of the half-life update that Valve just pushed out? Every server was cleared from the list, I'm not sure what you have to do to get them to reappear. Raven said

if you guys want your servers to show up on the server list again you have to properly use steamcmd now.

but I'm not really sure what that means. Might not even apply here since this is a listen server and not a dedicated one?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Thnx for your reply.

I do not make a dedicated , yet i do not check the lan box , this is normal server i guess...
It worked in the past , as you can see i am here from 2002 :p.

Grtz

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't show up where? If you're just using the in-game "Create Server", then it's only a LAN server, and should appear to every other PC on your network. If you want the server to appear in the "Internet" tab and that people outside of your LAN could join, you'll have to make a dedicated server. Through SteamCMD.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think that's true Hlev. You should be able to make a server that other people can see with the create server button, provided your ports are forwarded and sv_lan is 0. Hell, he said someone found his server and joined, so it's not acting as a lan.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
I don't think that's true Hlev. You should be able to make a server that other people can see with the create server button, provided your ports are forwarded and sv_lan is 0. Hell, he said someone found his server and joined, so it's not acting as a lan.
Indeed ;)

I said i do not check the LAN BOX and i checked the sv_lan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
If your client/server isn't updated it simply won't show up on the masterlist anymore, it's due to the new update indeed.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
If your client/server isn't updated it simply won't show up on the masterlist anymore, it's due to the new update indeed.
Obviously i updated it.

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
When you create the server and type in sv_lan 0, try also typing in heartbeat to update the masterserver. Though for me it works without that.

Last edited:
Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Obviously i updated it.
"Obviously.."

Did you make a FULL update? As in wipe out all your folders and reinstall HL and then ESF. You could perhaps be a faulty beta opter.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
"Obviously.."

Did you make a FULL update? As in wipe out all your folders and reinstall HL and then ESF. You could perhaps be a faulty beta opter.
I installed from scratch and i use 1.2.3

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
I still can't see my server in the list ....

Tried "heartbeat" , "sv_lan 0" , but still nothing , a player called "Dansky" did enter my server , but he did not respond to what i asked.
( thats what i find of most players , they wont even talk back , just plain rude... )

I guess that my server can be found , but that only i cannot see it in my list.

Gr

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I still can't see my server in the list ....

Tried "heartbeat" , "sv_lan 0" , but still nothing , a player called "Dansky" did enter my server , but he did not respond to what i asked.
( thats what i find of most players , they wont even talk back , just plain rude... )

I guess that my server can be found , but that only i cannot see it in my list.

Gr
Depends on who you meet. A lot of old folk (meaning players from the 1.1 start of 1.2) and the people who are pretty much "pro" skill class, tend to be more talkative than the rest. Heck i remember instances of the game being used as a sort of chat room with everyone in the server in spectator mode and talking with only 3 or so people actually playing XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom