Server Crashes

Best answers
Alrite, I play normal, its all fine, nothing is wrong, no lag its all good :laff: BUT when i make a server after about, 45 min it crashs and exits me outta ESF, any ideas? vtw i dont think its my comp i am runnin a pent 4 2.4 gigs with 1 gig ram

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm, there are two things that come to mind, Either a heat issue, or a video card issue.

It's best if you give us some more info on the problem, that's a little vague.
Does this happen in a lot of programs, or just esf? What kind of video card do you have? Is your computer overclocked?

Well, for now, try these solutions.
#1 Clean all of the dust out of your computer using compressed air in a can.
#2 make sure your fan(s) are working properly
#3 download the latest drivers for your video card

**EDIT**
If you clean the fans when using the compressed air, make sure not to make the fans spin too fast, it can possibly burn out it's engine.

Best answers
The #1 thing that make server crash is more than often the video mode "software", if have this one, change it to "opengl" or "direct3d" ...

Best answers
Zodiac Fighter said:
The #1 thing that make server crash is more than often the video mode "software", if have this one, change it to "opengl" or "direct3d" ...
well i guess ill try this first, cause the last time i opened my comp, i fried my motherboard :cry: now i am stuck paying for this comp. right now its on open GL so i guess ill try direct3d

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doubtful that it's a video issue, becuase it takes 45 minutes. That sounds like you have a fan or two that might not be performing quite as fast as it should, and your computer is eventually heating up.

How did you fry your motherboard by opening your computer, unless you decided to spill a glass of water into it, or maybe purposley rub your feet on the carpet to gain a static charge, i don't see how you did it.

Anyways just try cleaning out your computer, remember using compresed air, it's the best and safest way to clean it, but don't turn the can upside down.

Best answers
Ya
it does the same to me,
When I play between 30 min to 45 min, it kicks me out or freezes on some maps. It does it with every video mode, Direct 3d gives me 60 fps but freezes in 45 min, change to opengl it goes to 4 fps and sometimes freezes or kicks me out, so i didn't even bothered with software mode.
I don't understand why the fps goes so low, i never knew the half life engine ran this slow. and for sure its not my comp, i'm running a 1.4 celeron with 320 mg ram and geforce4
any help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom