Server Crashes

Best answers
I'm not sure if this has been covered, and the school internet sste is a bit dodgy and causes tons of page faults, so I haven't done my customary 'Search and Scour' that keeps my post count so low on most game forums, but I read somewhere earlier (can't remember where, very bad memory ;;) that someone hypothesized that the server crashes when someone uses a high charged beam on a bot.

Well I did some research yesterday on ktn_arena (wherever that map came from, kudos on the working Dragonballs. Pwning newjoiners with 45,839,666 ki spirit bombs is teh rawk), with myself, Buttlord, and my invaluable smackbot Glutes. After a few minutes of wishing for strength, I had pumped myself up to 20million ki, and was rarin' to go. So 57 kills, 0 deaths later after all manner of attacks were used from various angles, no server crash. New record for me. So I scatter the Dragonballs around the map, mostly on the fatal ground of doom, where the clueless hordes of ESFn00bs stepped to their deaths.

After a while, my server was flooded with people of the 'more than retarded' kind as they obviously did not read the server name, 'Buttlord GT- Beams only NO MELEE', which is repeated constantly by very talkative bots with only one phrase in their vocabulary, $20 to whoever can guess what that phrase is. Not really.

These people were having a blast, literally, from overhead, me and my supercharged kamehameha. Beams and bombs and blasts going off, and no trouble. That's when it happened. It seemed everyone fired an attack at once. During the freezing process, I counted about 3 kiblobs, 2 beams and 5 blasts on screen, plus auras and teleporting. Perhaps the crashes have something to do with the amount of calculations going on at once, or the amount of graphics being displayed and run in all parts of the map, visible or not. My server crashes often when I have it full of bots, an average of 20 minutes, however versus one bot it lasted well over an hour and a half.

Later, I recreated my server, only to be greeted by a n00b that respected my no melee policy until then Dragonballs reappeared, where he booted me aside to try to wish (despite not knowing how to). Obviously being frustrated with his lack of brain power, I figure he attempted to solve the problem the only way he knows how: pick it up and throw it. At me. After thrwing about 3 Dragonballs at me from the middle of the pile, the game crashed again. No hypothesis there, just some mild confusion.

Also, as a completely random note, I really like how extremely weak beams (compared to your powerlevel) burst harmlessly in the air around you when you far exceed their power. Nothing like watching a cloud of frustrated noobs that can't grab the Dragonballs hitting you with every attack they have while standing still and living.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom