sephiroth! wip...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
did you not read any of the other posts then? :s

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey man that looks pretty nice. i like the render as well :D yeah are you going to model his jacket too?

-=edit=-
hahaha one of those cases where i didn't read the thread. sorry bud ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Changes
- Improved Colar Bone
- Cleaned up Pectorals
- Improved transition from Pectoral to Shoulder
- Redid Eyes, added Mako glow

Best answers
his legs arent right. Sephy had long legs compared to his upper body. Other then that, pwnage.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
long legs or not, i have to try to keep it in proportion, and appart from the fact it looks like he has no manhood, he is pretty much there..

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah this is really shaping up nicely, now. The only thing still bothering me is the eyes. He looks like he's staring off into the vertical nothingness :p

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what do you suggest then? sephiroth never really showed his emotions...so a blank expression is ok i guess...but maybe a little anger?

Best answers
I wouldn't say anger. arrogance and confidence, maybe. the way I see sephiroth is the way he looks in the final FMV, when cloud comes out of that vortex.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WHat I mean with the eyes is try to have him looking dead on. If you recall the second to last cut scene from FF7, he kinda had a dead on quasi insane look in his eyes. If I could, here's what I'd do. First, reshape the eyes. They're too angeled, and clean up the mako glow. Here's some pics from AMVs for reference (click for larger images). As you can see, you are able to see more roundness in the eye ball itself, plus the mako glow is evenly distirbuted, all of which gives it a more dead of feel. The black lining of the eye kinda gives it the "can't sleep, I'm nuts" look. Those pics should also show what needs to be done with the eyebrows. So between the pic devion posted and these, you should be able to get a good idea of what to do.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
good krits, lets see if kama can pull it off :D and ur right, he IS quasi insane :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks cool, but yea, i think the legs should be bigger and longer [looks in your sig]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I took your crits in guys, and I decided to take a few shots at it. I did two eyes like the pictures you guys posted, but nothing really felt right for me, so I took a step back and thought about Sephiroth's char and the emotions he goes through for most of the game. And I progressed through to get one of the eyes. I won't tell you which, but here are 4 to chose from. Tell me which you like best and why, and i'll see if I can perfect it if it still needs changing.

Best answers
Number 3...it has this Dead glowing and it fits the refs...

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Getting closer with #4. I think it still needs work. For the lower section of the eye, don't make it angle up so harshly, it's more flat and rounding. Again, the eyeballs need to be round and have some space between them and the bottom of the eye. Mako coloring needs work, keep in mind that it gets lighter in the center. Granted, the two tone mako look won't be noticeable ingame, but it would make for good practice. Black lining is too thick and should be smoothed/blurred out a bit so that it's not such a stark contrast to the skin. Lighten the eyebrows to better match the color of the hair, or darken the hair. Something about the nose bothers me too. This one goes to gir: make the nose thinner, and more pointy, it looks swollen right now. Maybe remodel that part and adjust the skinmap.

http://www.tabletsofdestiny.com/ff7/sephiroth.jpg

this pic which was previosuly posted has the best ref for the nose imho. Very manga/Clamp style, and it fits Sephiroth well. That's about all I have until the next update.

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom