Searching for a Specific Book..

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, everyone. Sorry to make a thread over something so silly, but it's been bothering me. I'm trying to remember the name of a book I read years and years ago.. If anybody knows the name, I'd be greatly indebted! I searched on google for about thirty minutes and couldn't find anything.

It's a novel, about Earth. Sometime in the recent future, earth sends out numerous spaceships, to prospective planets for colonization. One ship had already been sent to their planet, and now they're sending the second. They put everybody into cryogenic statis.

One boy, around 10 years old wakes up pre-maturely and is unable to wake the others, and spends the next thirty years on the ship, eating the ship's food, learning from the computer, about all sorts of things.

They finally get to the planet, and everybody else wakes up.. It turns out that the first ship crashed on the planet, and there's a distress beacon coming from it.

They land, and find out that the Adults from the first ship are all old men and women now, and the children are all missing. Apparently the planet is alive, and some kind of spore things made replicas of the children, and killed the children. The adults didn't know, except that they seemed too perfect, didn't get dirty, etc, and they wouldn't eat normal food.

They found small plants on the planet, that the children were eating, and they cut open the planet itself, and drank it's "blood." Turns out the planet itself was alive. The planet tries to take the children of the new spaceship, etc, they rescue the old people and fly back to Earth, the end.

Again, if anybody knows the name of this book, I'd be greatly indebted, as I said. Thanks in advance!

Best answers
sounds like a good book..... but ive never read anything like that..

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see a response, and it's nothing! Ah well @_@

*dies inside*

Best answers
just go to some respectable book store and ask around... someone will probably know what youre talking about.

Best answers
...Or they'll offer you some medication. Anyways good luck with finding the book.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope! I've got a terrible memory, although I did remember the events in the book pretty well.. :/

Best answers
The only thing I could think of is try a big, big bookstore, OR use punch in a phrase that you may remember from the book, that might have been repeated, or maybe even a quote of the like and try throwing it on Google, you may match something since a lot of book websites have brief summaries or previews of the book. Just a thought.
I'll try asking my sister, she's a big sci-fi book fan. Haven't heard anything like that though, sounds like a sci-fi suspense or something, people dying and stuff..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom