Scripting, i've grown tired of it.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Lately, more & more people are scripting in Earth Special Forces. And what do they say?,

I don't script at all
Its not cheating
Etc, etc. But you're wrong, it is cheating if it does gives a disadvantage. I've simple grown tired of scripters. And i'm wondering if someone (or something :p) can do something it, such as making a AMXX script to detect ALIAS's & kicks them if needed, or shows if they truly use scripts.

HLGuard for example has a ALIAS detection, but its not really working with Earth Special Forces. I've tried it before, and simple screws things up in the game.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It might be possible to develop such a tool. The thing is I know how to code such a tool, but I do not know the scripts and therefore I can't block what I do not know.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wouldnt it simply be possible to detect commands taht were made with "alias"

So basicly all you nead to look for is the alias command.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
core | Raven said:
It might be possible to develop such a tool. The thing is I know how to code such a tool, but I do not know the scripts and therefore I can't block what I do not know.
I'll Prive Message you some script lines alright? But people can change the script lines, so the "script" or "tool" should detect ALIASes that do not belong in ESF.

nge

Best answers
Alias would be impractical to block, as HL uses the "alias" term to define what each key is currently bound as. You'd literally end up making every one of the person's keys right now blocked. If you want a few tips on a generic script blocker, I could fill you in.

By the way, I take offence at you finding it so hard to believe that someone could consider scripting legit and yet not use them. I'm that type of player myself and I don't appreciate generalizations.

Respond to this, and I'll help you create a basic script-blocking system. It's not foolproof, but the average scripter would be stopped in their tracks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NS uses a script blocking system that's pretty effective.

nge

Best answers
That's exactly what comes to mind Smith! Haha, I can explain it decently and know how it works.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
nge said:
That's exactly what comes to mind Smith! Haha, I can explain it decently and know how it works.
Now someone should come up with a system that blocks scripting in ESF v1.2.X

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HLGuard anyone?

You can customize it easily, no coding involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom