Scouter Idea

Should The Scouter Be Updated To the Suggestion Below?

• YES... DO IT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heh... Like It The Way it Is...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
I think the scouter is pretty much fine the way it is. I hadn't noticed before, but it does show relative differences in PL.
If you've ever practiced against bots and added a new bot after your PL is over 2Mil or so, you've noticed that the bot's pathetic PL shows up as a tiny dot on the scouter whereas the bots with PL closer to your own level appear as larger dots more worthy of notice.

What people seem to be asking for instead is the ability to more finely control their ki level, especially to hide it (or reduce it to a barely noticeable level) like the weak bots.

Logically, there are only three reasons to do this:
1) to hide while you do something important
2) to avoid conflict
3) to set up a sneak attack

Reason 2) is right out; ESF is a fast-paced action game, conflict is the POINT. (You don't improve without conflict, so what's the use of avoiding it?!)

Reason 3) might make sense if there were no other way of doing so, or if it had been a strategy often used on the show, but neither is true. There are other ways to make a sneak attack, and the show generally favored direct conflict in battle (make no mistake, ESF games are battles). Any other use of "sneak attack" comes under the heading of Reason 2)

Reason 1) is the most interesting, since the use of Senzu beans and dragonballs almost validate it. (Obviously you can't hide your ki when powering up, so that doesn't come under this reason.) Senzu beans seem to be generally looked-down upon for slowing the pace of the game, so the decision that you must use them at your own risk (without the protection of hiding PL) seems justified. Hiding PL seems most useful in the case of capture the dragonballs, but the ability of scouters to detect the dragonballs themselves pretty much makes hiding your PL useless.

My conclusion is: unless and until a system for destroying DB radars and scouters (but not ki sense) is implemented, hiding PL doesn't really make sense in ESF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom