• Love School!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its alright

• it does not matter to me

• Total voters
Best answers
How Many Pll Here Hate School???? Well I Do Well I Kinda Do Lol Well What Do You Guys Thing????

Best answers
well if u h8 it then wat are u gonna do when u leave and not get the grades you want its up to u if u want to mess around and get a crap job but hey who am i to tell u wat to do lol

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't hate school for what it actually is... a place to learn and better yourself. It's the social stereotypes (influenced by the media and advertisements) that make me cringe. The whole your a goth, punk, skater, prep, jock, geek, or a dork basis is extremely useless and only alienates people from each other.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love it.

Being in the University of my choice, doing a program I love. My first year at University was probably the best year of my life.

G
Hwoarang said:
It's the social stereotypes (influenced by the media and advertisements) that make me cringe. The whole your a goth, punk, skater, prep, jock, geek, or a dork basis is extremely useless and only alienates people from each other.
i agree. schools full of pepole who watch crap shows on TV then walk around calling pepole "girl pants" or "ginger pubes" or something along them lines.
i was talking to a dude i know the other day about politics and he says to me "what? but the irakis are bad guys, georege is a good guy you idiot" how stupid is that? thats some one whos been influenced by the media.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He should watch Fahrenheit 9/11 then

He will hate bush then :p

I liked school at first but then it was crap, Now I'm undecided since I'm doing something different moving into something different again

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Highschool really sucks, becuase no matter what there will always be some sort of retarded unnecessary social stress you go through. Once you get to college, it's much better. You rarely have to deal with anything like that.

Best answers
it doesnt matter to me.
you need it plus you get to meet all these kind of cool people.

i've already made a whole lot of new friends on my new school here and also the 15gb of music ;) and some movies etc. etc. lol

but yea.. school is alright to me actually but i dont really care heh.
otherwise i'd just be sitting at home doing nothing and not being able to find a good job because i didnt got a good occupation.

o yea btw im going to college now.
at least i think that's what you call it
here in holland you got "basisschool" then "middelbare school" and finally "beroepsopleidingen"
and thats what im doing now "beroepsopleidingen"

Best answers
High School sucks, the only reason I went was so I could go to College.

College is more of a 70/30 split, 70 being total ownage, 30 being ***. I have 2 *** classes, but the rest of it is amazing. Everyone says High School is supposed to be the best experience of your life. Thats horse****, thats what College / University is for.

Best answers
Dont really mind it. Everything has its pros and cons. I actually think its kinda fun[ny]. Whatever, I dont have a choice in it so what the hell... might as well look at the bright side of things :]

Best answers
Deverz said:
He should watch Fahrenheit 9/11 then

He will hate bush then :p

I liked school at first but then it was crap, Now I'm undecided since I'm doing something different moving into something different again
Well since a moderator brought it up, I suppose I could bring up the fact that that movie has been widely discredited and is proven that Moore's movie exaggerates evidence like no other 'documentary' ever.

Anyways, on topic, I hate school, it only gives me my life after I turn 18 and a decent job, but god, who needs that.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phatslugga said:
Highschool really sucks, becuase no matter what there will always be some sort of retarded unnecessary social stress you go through. Once you get to college, it's much better. You rarely have to deal with anything like that.
I'm afraid I'd have to disagree with that.. at least, in my situation.
I loved highschool, although I went to a small boarding school my last two years, and a medium size one my sophomore year.

We lived in small townhouses they called dorms, 6 or 7 kids and two dorm 'staff,' (teachers, who also lived with us) and I was closer to them than any of my college roommates.

I've just met so many people interested in nothing more than booze, marijuana, partying, meaningless sex, etc.. It's like everybody went from being a "teenager" to being a "irresponsible Adult," and there's simply not much difference.

You can, as I have, meet some nice people in University, but again depending on the type of person you are, it can be easy or difficult. Big schools (again, just in my experience) aren't as "suited" for private, introverted people as small schools are. Although.. college is what you make of it, you can't expect everything to just be handed to you.

What I don't like about University is, though.. In high school, you could basically (at least I could) pick to study what you were interested in, along with some core requirements. The same is true in University except unnecessary, bullBEEP "filler" courses are added for what they call "the discipline" and which I call 'beefing up the requirements to make the school seem more credible compared to others.'

As for the total education 'experience,' I think it is preposterous to expect people to spend more than 20% of their natural life, and the vast majority of their active, lively life behind a desk, learning the same things you learned again every year, going a little bit further each time.

I consider myself to know a lot about a lot of different types of school systems, having attended more than 15 different ones since my parents move all over the world and drag me along--(most were based on the US, or British curriculum), I'd have to say that.. While general education may be a "good" thing to create well-balanced people, it's gone overboard.

If you're going to be doing something that requires use of your hands, you shouldn't be forced to take Calculus. If you're doing something that requires use of your mind in the pure sciences, you shouldn't be forced to take past English: Composition.

Anyway.. it seems a lot of people in high school 'look forward' (or are scared of) college/university, because it involves more "freedom," however this also marks the end of you being viewed as a child. You're completely responsible for your failure, success, your future is in your own hands, and if you don't know how to deal with it, you're either going to 1-really like college, but also flunk out, 2-despise college, and flunk out, or 3-do crappily, but somehow manage to pass.

I think I wrote this more to see what I actually thought myself than to express my opinion to random strangers over the internet, but oh well. Enjoy.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
School is what you make of it.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
I love it.

Being in the University of my choice, doing a program I love. My first year at University was probably the best year of my life.
Couldn't agree more. I'm currently in my first year and am loving the fact that I am in complete control of my education.

School's always been great, imo. I've always loved the social environment, and learning is a rather powerful process in the long run.

So, I suppose school's in my good books ^_^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's fun when they are skarred of you =p..........kidding.
i did the exame tursday, i just here everyone saying that i pass.(i hope so)
it's fun when you get the hang of it, just take the work you like and you're fine ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wubs school, not the kind of wub that send me into an unstoppable pelvic thrusting session, but the kind where i can tolerate school and have great time with friends and actually be doing somthing productive at the same time, most people who leave high school should think that way with optional education too :O

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
School is the rule.

People who hate it, should suck it up, and stop being pussies, unless you just hate school because you prefer drinking, in which case.... I love you.

Rambling:

Boo-hoo, you get made fun of or something lame like that. Alot of people do. Most people who are dirty, or dress like idiots deserve it. I don't mind if someone dresses differently, but when they think they are so cool for it, then I get mad. No one is original anymore. No one.

Ya just gotta hate that kid who isn't retarded, but looks like crap, then is so anti-social that he bites if you talk to him... The sad thing is this is true. I have a kid like that in my school.

Or oh my god! I get bad marks! Well study then, you piece of crap. OR take a course you can handle.

This is the end of my rambling. I have no intentions of replying to this thread again, so whatever. I believe my opinion, and don't care what anyone else has to say about it.

The end.

G
you all talk about school as if u were never bullied or picked on or anything, to me thats the worst part of school. didnt anyone else in this thread have to go through that? im only 13, english year nine, and i have loads of idiots in my class who pick on me cuzz i have long hair, hang around with tom cashin, or just because im not popular. and in my opinion, thats that, for me that is the only factor needed. school sux, and theres nothing any of us can do about it. on the other hand, you all make collage sound rly good, and much easier than school, which sounds good.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Much easier.. lol. The longest homework assignment you're going to get at age 13, takes you what? Five to thirty minutes? Try writing 20 page papers on topics you have nothing to say on, past 5 pages. It's the "Art of Bull****ting."

Anyway.. 'picked on?' Who cares what a bunch of children think? How much time could you possibly spend with them? If someone starts giving you ****, just tell them to piss off. You don't have to assosciate with anybody you don't want to.

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Much easier.. lol. The longest homework assignment you're going to get at age 13, takes you what? Five to thirty minutes? Try writing 20 page papers on topics you have nothing to say on, past 5 pages. It's the "Art of Bull****ting."

Anyway.. 'picked on?' Who cares what a bunch of children think? How much time could you possibly spend with them? If someone starts giving you ****, just tell them to piss off. You don't have to assosciate with anybody you don't want to.
Over here in England, college is different as we finish high school at 16, then go to college generally until we hit 18, but the concept is the same, more work - more freedom. Imo, extra freedom more than compensates for the extra work load you get as it lets you go through the next years how you want to, not how some teacher wants you to.

As for the bullying bastards, telling them to piss off isn't always the best idea. It can just stir up more ****, and while everyone has their pride including me, from my experience it's usually better to just put up with it and not fight back. I just realised that their opinions don't matter, and probably never will, and during my later years at high school I just didn't give a **** what anyone said about me, and in my opinion, learning to think like that is very useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom