Saving Powerlevel

Best answers
Anyone ever play on one of those counterstrike wc3 servers?
Well basically its CS but theyve added in elements of war craft 3.
You join up and pick your teams as normal, but you also pick a race which you gain experiance in slowly to gain abilities, but the coolest part of it all (and the reason why I mention it at all) is that your experiance is saved in between map changes and even after quitting the game.
I was wondering if it would be possible to add somthing like that to ESF. I t would definatly give you a feeling that you are accually accomplishing somthing.
Of course you would have to nerf the rate at which you gain your PL.
Just somthing to think about.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What if your PL goes to max, and the people who just started to play have the lowest in the game? Unfair advantage :S
My friends play wc3 on CS... I cant find it though :S Me wants to play :cry:

Best answers
I was thinking that maybe it should be an option available for each server. But like I said, you would have to really work for it, and if its really high, you would have to work to sustain it, cause when you die your PL gets raised/lowerd toward the server average. That and you would only have the PL for the characters that you have earned it with, so if you like playing with multiple characters then you will have to build each one up individualy.
And the best way to gain power is by fighting someone more powerful than you anyways. And those incredible super powers would most likely get ganged on alot. That kind of thing happens already.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was wondering the exact same thing Climax. As you said the rate at which you gain pl would have to be completely lowered but I was thinking about if it was possible to change the starting pl so everyone would start at 100. But to transform it would still be at the same level. So when you see someone go ssj you know he has been playing there for a long time (and after more transformations get put in, seeing someone go ssj3 would just blow your mind.). Also I would take the way build up mode in final bout work. If say you only used kame wave all the time that would then be your strongest attack but all the rest would be very weak compared to it. This would also work for any move. So you could beat someone with generic beam if they used kame.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but that would make things unrealistic to the dbz story...

if buu and krillin both started at 100 pl... that wouldnt be right

Best answers
Now your talking. That would really add alot fo character to an already wonderful game. Not to mention generate a real feeling of accomplishment when you finally reach legendary power levels such as ssj.
And being able to improve or specialize in different attacks would be great. I can imagine the suprise of someone firing a kame wave and then calling for backup to assisst ps against a generic beam attack.

Best answers
Thats pretty true Mystic. How can we stay true to the DBZ universe while adding in an awsome idea like this, and still keep balance?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you want them to design a massively multiplayer online role playing game? Sounds good to me. Also sounds like an incredible amount of work. It would also pull all of the hackers out of the woodworks and give them something else to tamper with to build up their power levels by screwing with the save files. Unless they were server saved... but that'd require them to make a totally seperate server based client with those kind of functions. It sounds great, but it would be a different game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes would be too much work not to mention if it saved on every server then the only place the save file could be is on the client pc which opens up the flood gates to every cheater and hacker in the planet to edit their save

Best answers
well the thing about esf is u cant exactly join the game on an even playing field like you can in CS but i think the building up PL each time element should remain or it will be ***.

Best answers
Of course it would be hard work, and yeah unfortunatly lame @ssed hackers would get all crazy if they have access to the files, but great things require equally great effort, and if it can be done then isnt it worth doing?

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No no no. This would be a admin mod plug in, like that wc3 one for cs. It would only save your stats and have these options the server running it..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm.. when i join a game.. that has been going on for hours and everyones pl is like 43mil
i can already transform.. but.. whats the point of that? shouldnt u have to work for it? i mean.. i know its there to let u compete with the higher pl people.. but this just IMO

also.. when u start with high pl.. ur beams are really BAD.. worse then when u start a game with the beggining pl:S
even if ur sso_O

Best answers
I think this would make the game far more interesting, and appealing. And whats with Hibiki and Sonic Boyster? It's like every time someone has an idea, they bring up the same excuses on how it couldn't work. You guys ever agree with anything? Lol, anyhow, this could make the game outrageously more entertaining, not to mention making character choice merely a preference, and not a tactical benefit or hindrance(something I think should be for any game) So if I want to be Master Roshi, you can contend with any other character, not because the show says he's 'weak'. Understand what Im saying?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry Sparr, I just find constructive criticism to be a thousand times more helpful than blind overly joyous optimism. Every suggestion has its kinks, and if nobody brought them up, no one would understand why they weren't put into the game. I like the idea, but it would be way too much work, therefore I don't support the idea until after the current multiplayer componnent is finished up. That's all...

P.S.: Keep in mind that this would require new maps which could support several more characters and be much larger than our current maps so that the higher up characters didn't just nuke the entire map over and over like they do now. There is more work to go into a project like this than you probably realize.

Best answers
Originally posted by Sparr
I think this would make the game far more interesting, and appealing. And whats with Hibiki and Sonic Boyster? It's like every time someone has an idea, they bring up the same excuses on how it couldn't work. You guys ever agree with anything? Lol, anyhow, this could make the game outrageously more entertaining, not to mention making character choice merely a preference, and not a tactical benefit or hindrance(something I think should be for any game) So if I want to be Master Roshi, you can contend with any other character, not because the show says he's 'weak'. Understand what Im saying?
Hear f`in hear. I think Sonic and Hibiki are the biggest buzzkillers on the forums. These guys remind me of the old guys in the balcony in The Muppet Show...the ones that are always booing the performers.

It's a good idea guys, and it has enormous amounts of potential. Just because it would be hard to implement doesn't mean the idea sucks.

That being said, I agree 100% with Sonic and Hibiki, it would be soooo hard to design. Basically, you would need 2 or more servers dedicated to saving character files. To play ESF, someone would have to register a name on this character server. Then whenever you joined a game server, your client would check your game name against the character server to see if it exists. If it does, it will check that name's character file, and assigns you the proper stats. They would also have to implement a required password feature into ESF too, just so I don't go around playing as PCJoe or something;) .

It would be a ***** to code, and I dont know if it is at all possible in Half-Life, but I think the payoff would be well worth it. Something like this could propel ESF into retail-worthy status, which would mean better graphics, better coding so possibly less lag/FPS drops, possibly better maps, and since it's retail I garauntee better sound, because then they would have to get licensing from Funimation, but have access to a HUGE library of high-quality DBZ sounds.

So while I am skeptical, and pretty sure that even if something like this does happen it will be on an individual server basis, it's still nice to hope, isn't it?

Best answers
Does your character file have to be saved?
Why cant it just start new every time u join the server.
You could opt for faster attacks, more dramatic change with turbo, further teleporting, or just plain stronger attacks.

OK, I am now ready for your bashing :fight:

Best answers
this can be possible...like in wc3 u can only play with people at or around your skill level in a random game...there can be server filters for the PL your at and everyone close to it...tho this might not be compatible with the HL server.

Best answers
Its been done with AMX, and I am positive they could work it built into the mod (not AMX, the power system), but I doubt they will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom