Rurouni Kenshin Movie

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But it's live action.

And...lol, I love that whole "oro oro?" bit.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
..thats kinda weird. I just​ started rewatching the series.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good series.

Even the filler was, except for that last Arc. I really, really loved the Christian Arc...had some of the most epic fights, and when I found out it was filler...I was surprised. Filler usually isn't that good!

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've read the manga, it was pretty enjoyable. It's nice to see Sanosuke's making an appearance, at around 0:46.

Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I loved the series, but I'm not sure how I feel about a live action movie. The trailer looks pretty good, but I just hope it doesn't stray from the original story and does it justice.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I read the entire manga. I can't wait to see this. It looks to be good unlike most anime to Live Action movies.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I've been a huge Kenshin fan, watched the whole series 3 times and read the manga as well! It's a great story! And I'm going to look forward to this live action movie. The trailer wasn't at all that bad! Seems like they will go to the Oniwabanshu arc! I hope that this Kenshin actor can really do a mean Battousai face! Kenshin is so awesome when he is pissed!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He might be played by a Korean. That was exactly what I was thinking.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I loved the anime really. The Shishio arc was epic (or however you spell his name).

The trailer also looks darn good.... 25 / 8 / 2012 ?

Still, I think they could of made a better choice with the one playing Kenshin....

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think he will be a very good Kenshin. He played Young Saizou in Goemon pretty great!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Im not too happy with how he physicaly looks. Admitedly, Kenshin was very skinny in the anime but that was just plain stupid....exerting that kind of speed and power with Kenshin's size is normaly close to impossible.... look at Bruce Lee lol. He had immense speed and great strenght for his size but he is still much bigger than Kenshin.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im not too happy with how he physicaly looks. Admitedly, Kenshin was very skinny in the anime but that was just plain stupid....exerting that kind of speed and power with Kenshin's size is normaly close to impossible.... look at Bruce Lee lol. He had immense speed and great strenght for his size but he is still much bigger than Kenshin.
A lot of animes have this strong/fast male heroes with very light/athletic frame. Hell look at Naruto, not a lick of muscle on pretty much anyone and yet they destroy entire forests. I suppose it's an aesthetic more appealing in Eastern culture.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His size is actually relevant when it comes to the end of the series, well, the manga anyway.

When it turns out that his body was too little to fight like that long-term and ended up having to take an early retirement.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
His size is actually relevant when it comes to the end of the series, well, the manga anyway.

When it turns out that his body was too little to fight like that long-term and ended up having to take an early retirement.
Yes, it says in the anime aswell that the Hiten Mitsurugi style required a body much larger than what Kenshin had. (Thinks of his master ...forgot the name ).

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saw the trailer, honestly looked decent. I'm not really a fan of live action adaptions of animes, but I'll probably watch it if/when they sub it.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Okey fans! It's been released with subs! I'm watching it right now 30 minutes in, just got a cool scene. Nyaa :)

EDIT: "Ken wa kyouki. Kenjutsu wa satsujin-jutsu. Donna kireigotoya odaimoku wo kuchi ni shite mo, sore ga shinjitsu." - EPIC QUOTE!!!

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm watching it right now too.

Enjoying it so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom