Rurouni Kenshin Movie

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really enjoyed the movie. Though Saito was kinda out of character IMHO, he was supposed to be Kenshin's rival, and comparable to him in skill.

Even read the whole manga after that. Damn, Shishio is such a badass villain that everything afterwards (besides the flashback) was boring.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
You read the whole manga after watching the Rurouni Kenshin live movie? :p I don't actually understand your post hlev!

On another note, I enjoyed it, but the internet and trailers hyped it up a bit. The one who really made this movie epic, was the great representation of Sagara Sanosuke! What I thought was lacking was the epic voice of Kenshin, however this actor is Korean so I'll let it slide. I wish more named techniques were used from Kenshin's side, so that you can see more of his speed as well as acrobatic skills. And I don't really feel that the movie really captured the split personality of Kenshin, I didn't get the chills down my spine when he got "serious". Maybe they should have added some creepy eyes liked they did with Jin-e.

The script was good, an epic quote from Hiko Seijuro and the ending words really got to me. Yahiko was good, Megumi should've been hotter than Kaoru and Saito should have done a better variant of the Gatotsu, we should have seen more of him fighting.

Last edited:
ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rurouni Kenshin is one of my favorite animes/stories(didn't read the manga, only saw the anime) and i was curious to see the movie but i admit i was not blown away. Don't get me wrong the movie was decent but i didn't get that Kenshin feeling.
Some things seem to be missing and Baaja pointed out some of those nicely. Considering that they only had the first arc to work with... it could've went a lil' better imo. I mean... for an outsider or someone who doesn't remember too well about the characters and story, it seemed kinda dull. Not very much character development.
But oh well if they plan making another one... i'm probably going to see it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom