Remove the pitch limit

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Suggested this years ago. Grega gave some excuse as to why it didn't work right.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
My sources tell me it worked out fine, it just wasn't meant to be in the game.

Edit;

If anything, they could at least make it available for console.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know what its at now, but my idea was to give 360 degree movement similar to that of BFP. Time and again, I got weird excuses as to why it wouldn't work, and that was with the much simpler 1.1 melee system.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
They have to make up horrible excuses, because being lazy isn't really valid in this case.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, clearly the ESF team is lazy.

...How entitled are we here?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you really want to mess with DTs animations that badly :eek:

Honestly i wouldnt mind it being removed, nor do i care that its there. It doesnt really hinder me in any way.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I wouldn't mind if the animations were utterly messed up, the fact that I'd have no limit to the pitch would be simply amazing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see how that would be so amazing. Explain in detail.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He means a full 360° motion in the vertical plane.

As in flying upside down and stuff like that.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds pointless
Pretty much this. If the animations would be ****ed up because of it, no reason to add it at all.

And did anyone else laugh at the "inside sources" comment? Because I did.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Pretty much this. If the animations would be ****ed up because of it, no reason to add it at all.

And did anyone else laugh at the "inside sources" comment? Because I did.
The animations doesn't change the fact that it'd make the game more entertaining/challenging, but I assume you're a beaming ******, so you wouldn't even know how to melee.

My sources tell me it worked out fine, it just wasn't meant to be in the game.
Wonder where you got the inside sources from, but yeah, autists have a habit of being freelance liars.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The animations doesn't change the fact that it'd make the game more entertaining/challenging, but I assume you're a beaming ******, so you wouldn't even know how to melee.

Wonder where you got the inside sources from, but yeah, autists have a habit of being freelance liars.
You're calling me an "autist" and a beam whore based on my one reply in your thread shutting down your suggestion? Yeah, you're going to last a while in this community.

But I'll bite. The last time I constantly used beams was in Alpha 2.0. The last time I used beams at all was to grief a griefer in a server.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You're calling me an "autist" and a beam whore based on my one reply in your thread shutting down your suggestion? Yeah, you're going to last a while in this community.

But I'll bite. The last time I constantly used beams was in Alpha 2.0. The last time I used beams at all was to grief a griefer in a server.
Never called your whore.

Besides, it hardly shuts down my suggestion, it just reveals you being a picky piece of ****.
The game would be more challenging and fun for people who know how to melee, if you remove the forced limit, and people who actually melee should know that, thus, you must be a beam spammer.

Edit;

Bad players usually ruin the fun for good players, which is probably why the old limit was removed.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or it reveals that I care about the animations not looking buggy because of something this minor being added to the game.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need to not exist. Because, as the original proponent of 360 maneuverability, you almost make me want to write a post describing why this shouldn't be in the game and anyone who suggests it is a stupid face.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
With the simplicity of this game, it's no harder than changing models for Garry's Mod to enable this feature.

edit:

Suggested this years ago. Grega gave some excuse as to why it didn't work right.
I rest my case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom