Remove the pitch limit

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember messing with the pitch in 1.1 too. It was actually a lot of fun. You could fly upside down in BFP, too, and that was the coolest part about that game.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
The way I always pictured it being was similar to flying in a flight/combat flight simulator, where being able to completely loop around would lead to incredible evasive maneuvers that were both effective and visually stimulating, increasing the depth of movement and combat while also adding an extra dimension with which to play and occupy.
^This! Maneuvering planes in BF3 can be godly! Great incentive to actually try and bring it to the mod, but you can't have all things in life!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Suggested this a few years back, still think it would be a great feature to have. :rolleyes:

Best answers
There is a tutorial on this on wavelength
http://articles.thewavelength.net/269/
If I remember correctly this just sets up the camera angle though, some more arcane magic/head-to-wall bashing is required to actually rotate the player model itself correctly in the half-life engine.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
It was done in NNK...and is a pain in the ass to get it right, more work than worth it, as you said Harsens...head-to-wall bashing^^

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Surely it would be worth to add full pitch control and mess with years of animations/model work and have the team redo that.....

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No pitch limit would be beast once mastered, believe me. Much more interesting than the usual limited rotation.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trust me. ESF Final will be chaotic enough without it ^^

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't need to create further gaps between newbies and regular players. The fast paced nature of the game should act as a bump enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom