Remote controled Humans

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
zomg i watched the mpg format and i was like : WTF!!

some how i think its faked <_< i want to test it on myself.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And now that poor girl has ear cancer. ;_;

Sounds freaky, but the explanation seems feasible. Leave it to the Japanese.

Best answers
why was she smiling the whole time? was she like told to walk forward? then when he moves it right it makes her move right?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont believe it, i just think someone was telling her to walk somewhere instead of remote controlling her...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't believe it either, but if ANYONE can do it, it's the japanese.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would not place too much thought into it.

By remotely stimulating a person's vestibular system - the fluid-filled tubes in the inner ear that guide their sense of balance - with electrodes placed on the skin just below the ear, researchers at NTT's research laboratories in Kanagawa have found a way to turn humans into oversized radio controlled vehicles.
Why does that statement I bolded seem... odd for a professional to say?

Taro Maeda and colleagues at NTT believe the system could primarily be used to make computer games feel more realistic. In a driving game, for example, a player could feel gravity shift as their car hurtles through a tight bend.
I really do not get this one... why would you want a gravity shift? I mean, your staring at a computer monitor or your television screen which automatically kills the "reality" if there was any; though they want to add more "reality".

How is this going to make computer games more realistic? What happens if your computer gets a virus? What if the game crashes? What if you were talking on AIM? Too many problems could occur during the use of this thing.

On a more dangerous note, the article stated that it works by placing electrodes on the skin, near the ear. How do you turn it off? How do you know it will not cause damage? Etcetera.

Imagine a kid using this, I think this would take the whole gaming promotes violence to a whole new plateau.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys are reading too much into it. o_o

You know that feeling when you're dizzy, and you try to rebalance yourself, only to be moving in one direction because you're disoriented? If this is true, then that's all they're doing here. It's not some kind of a helmet you put on, and someone can make you punch yourself in the face with a few keystrokes.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
I really do not get this one... why would you want a gravity shift? I mean, your staring at a computer monitor or your television screen which automatically kills the "reality" if there was any; though they want to add more "reality".

How is this going to make computer games more realistic? What happens if your computer gets a virus? What if the game crashes? What if you were talking on AIM? Too many problems could occur during the use of this thing.

On a more dangerous note, the article stated that it works by placing electrodes on the skin, near the ear. How do you turn it off? How do you know it will not cause damage? Etcetera.

Imagine a kid using this, I think this would take the whole gaming promotes violence to a whole new plateau.
Eh you're taking it way too far... they're talking about shifting your inner ear fluid so that it feels like G-forces when you're turning or so that you feel off balance when you get knocked around, it has nothing to do with viruses, or violence, or AIM. Also, they said more realistic, not real life. There are plenty of realistic games. "Turning it off" would consist of pulling it out of your ear or shutting off the power.

Retired
Best answers
it sounds cool..but I really hope this isn't where the world is going, it's a bit too extreme and where do you draw the line.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How can it be useless ? They could use this on prison inmates when you think about it or people in a very mental state that like to destroy things (Even though treatment on that part is a little harsh , it's something I could see them doing other then using the technology for gaming).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WOOH Realistic games. Just imagine. Your playing a game then when someone makes a headshot ur head explodes o_O

Anyway i think its real and GO JAPANESE!

Best answers
Interesting.... I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd be willing to sign up as a guinea pig... If it's for real.

I don't know if this is such a good idea for technology to get into manipulating physiology, though... I like my fluids just fine. However, the medical applications could be revolutionary. Like a cortical stimulator from Star Trek or something...

However, when it comes to the gaming application, it'd be unnecessarily expensive... The actual device itself being super tech and all, not to mention the programming and technology needed to implement such a device.

As to whoever said "why is she smiling the whole time?," I have to ask how often you experience new sensations. Supposing it works, I don't see how the experience would be any different from getting drunk the first time: you loose control of mobility, sometimes even stumble over yourself, and your brain feels like it's wooshing around in your skull.... the over all effect is very strange yet "tingley," and it's so fascinating that you just find yourself grinning unctrollabley... The "wooshing brain" experience is probably what she's going through.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i doubt they faked it although "control" isnt a word i would use to describe the way it works, all it does it stimulates the little fluid gland somewhere near your ear (the fluid gland is what gives you that feeling when you do a front flip) and just stimulates the fluid to different places causing you to go unbalanced and you just move that way to catch yourself

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Doesn't matter. Stupid useless invention anyway.
Yea, the article is over emphasized, it's basically like a rumble pack in your head.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the fact that you don't have to hold the joy stick "forward" for her to move forward..

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is probably fake stuff. But still, you never know, Japanese kicks ass at inventing stuff.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dReAm KiLlEr said:
This is probably fake stuff. But still, you never know, Japanese kicks ass at inventing stuff.
Such as pokemon ;/ (but many more games that the world likes , but how many of you stole pokemon cards of your friends and traded them or stole someone's level 100 mew etc ?)

Well as stated before i think this technology will be present in dbz chou witch is going to be using a helmet to play with

hehehe , little simpsons quote
Simpsons episode "Lisa's future romance". Bart said said:
Hey watch it with those virtual darts i'm tryying to play virtual pool
Then Moe pushes the switch that causes them to roll on the ground and lose their balance (evil Moe :()

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom